HID Xenons Headlamps: Discussions & Queries

Hi everyone haven't been on the forum for sometime now (too busy flying).
I have bought a 2004 subaru legacy and decided that I want to change the all the front lights ie headlight, high beam and fog lights to a white light. I only want philips and started out by looking at the diamond vision range which is 5000k. Only prob is that the lenght of the light/beam is less than a standard bulb.
I am now trying to decide if I should go for the blue vision bulbs which are 4000k or crystal vision which is 4300K.
I want the light to be a bright white at the same time get a good length of the light beam
If anyone could help that would be great.
headlight is 12v 55w
fog light is 12v 55w
high beam is 12v 60w
Hi Zal, I have fitted Philips Crystal Vison 4300k H4 12v 60/55w in my 2008 Suzuki Swift DZire. Well the light is not bluish white as compared to the HIDs and according to me crystal vision are helpfull and the rest are only for show! The light throw is good, better than the original ones and the reflection on road signs has increased. If u want a good length of light beam then only HIDs will do the needful!

Hi everyone haven't been on the forum for sometime now (too busy flying).
I have bought a 2004 subaru legacy and decided that I want to change the all the front lights ie headlight, high beam and fog lights to a white light. I only want philips and started out by looking at the diamond vision range which is 5000k. Only prob is that the lenght of the light/beam is less than a standard bulb.
I am now trying to decide if I should go for the blue vision bulbs which are 4000k or crystal vision which is 4300K.
I want the light to be a bright white at the same time get a good length of the light beam
If anyone could help that would be great.
headlight is 12v 55w
fog light is 12v 55w
high beam is 12v 60w
Zal:

I have previously used crystal vision. The output wont be pure white and bright when compared to HIDs. Currently I use 4300k HIDs on my Swift. There is a huge difference in both. If you want better output and bright white, you should go for 4300k HIDs (Pure white with tinge of yellow) or 6000k (Pure white with tinge of blue). I would recommend 4300k as it has more output and the best visibility.

Naveen

Hey guys thanks for all your help. I finally went with blue vision. The lights is a nice white when compared to the old standard bulb. It doesn't have that blue tinge but then to me whats more important is safety than just looks. Also the blue vision is cheaper than crystal vision.

To vibhor:
yes I'm in NZ and I'll put a review of my legacy

350Z

Core Team
Congrats Zal. Post some pictures and waiting for the review of your Subaru.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow..amazing results. worth envying! [clap] what about price?
Thanks Umang! The price has been mentioned in the earlier post(#34), I think u missed it! Anyways I have quoted it below.

Thanks 'Cooldhaya', it surely stuns the oncomming traffic, everyone the passer bys or the pedestrians all looks to the light only. It also looks cool from far also like a star.[:D]

Yes now about the price. The total price I spent on this thing is around 2150 ie 1950+200 fitting charges! (I think that I spent a lot on the fitting because I myself could do it)

is 10000k hid kit better in terms of vision and clarity ? am thinking of fitting my car with 10000k Bi-Xenon High/Low on my projector headlights ? is it legal ? or ill get pulled over by the cops ? if yes then which light should i go for in HID's 8000k or 6000k as i dont want to get pulled over by the cops ?

is 10000k hid kit better in terms of vision and clarity ? am thinking of fitting my car with 10000k Bi-Xenon High/Low on my projector headlights ? is it legal ? or ill get pulled over by the cops ? if yes then which light should i go for in HID's 8000k or 6000k as i dont want to get pulled over by the cops ?
Karan. I have updated your thread. Please check it

Top Bottom