HID Xenons Headlamps: Discussions & Queries

I think yes it uses H4 bulb but have to check the manual (not 100% sure as I have poor knowledge especially in the light section, never replaced in our i10).
Headlight spec is H4 and stock bulb is OSRAM BILUX 60/55W. I started with some reading on this back in June but did not proceed further. For my limited night driving. stock bulbs felt sufficient. This is more of a plug and play setup so I do not see warranty void in this case, besides most TASC are lenient enough in such cases unless a lot of wiring has been added/modified.

I had shortlisted the below bulb set (chose 4300K / H4) from Aliexpress after going thru the thread shared by bhvm:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/120...8.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.305.Ij0KcX

Stock bulb spec:
H4.jpg

Help required here.
I had P8 brand 55w 6000k hid kit installed in the low beam projectors since 2yrs. Of late the light output was diminishing to a yellowish dirty colour. My suspicion was confirmed by another very helpful TAIian that the bulbs are at the end of their life cycle. So I purchased a pair of generic bulbs of 4300k rating and installed them.
Now the output is even lower than the P8 bulbs. Such is the output that they are of no use at all. Even the OEM halogens were better.
Do I need to change the ballasts too? Or do I need to get better quality bulbs? Or both?
The projectors were designed for halogens, is there any chance of the reflector bowl damage due to uv rays from the bulbs after 2yrs of use??
Please help

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Help required here.
I had P8 brand 55w 6000k hid kit installed in the low beam projectors since 2yrs. Of late the light output was diminishing to a yellowish dirty colour. My suspicion was confirmed by another very helpful TAIian that the bulbs are at the end of their life cycle. So I purchased a pair of generic bulbs of 4300k rating and installed them.
Now the output is even lower than the P8 bulbs. Such is the output that they are of no use at all. Even the OEM halogens were better.
Do I need to change the ballasts too? Or do I need to get better quality bulbs? Or both?
The projectors were designed for halogens, is there any chance of the reflector bowl damage due to uv rays from the bulbs after 2yrs of use??
Please help
The worst thing that comes to mind in cases like these is,
High amount of UV radiation from 6000k Bulbs or DC ballasts "Wiping Clean" the chrome reflector behind the projector. The reflector which is shiny chrome becomes bleached white or grey.

Can you stuff OEM halogens and check? It should rule out the entire HID kit.

P.s-- Oh you have written about the UV rays. I noticed it later on.

Last edited:
Bhvm sir ji, I'm finding very hard to change Hid ballast in fog lights! This time bulbs failed so i ordered branded hid bulbs from AliExpress and next time if ballasts conk of what would be the alternative to fit them without removing bumbers can i just velcro it to back side of bumper? It is pain to change ballast every time & please suggest good AC Ballasts from AliExpress so i won't have to change them every 6 months :)

bhvm

Honoured Member
Bhvm sir ji, I'm finding very hard to change Hid ballast in fog lights! This time bulbs failed so i ordered branded hid bulbs from AliExpress and next time if ballasts conk of what would be the alternative to fit them without removing bumbers can i just velcro it to back side of bumper? It is pain to change ballast every time & please suggest good AC Ballasts from AliExpress so i won't have to change them every 6 months :)
Rather than Opening up the Bumper try opening up Black plastic liners behind the tyres. You may have to remove tyres.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-s...lgo_pvid=90b27997-1f6e-46d7-8bcc-3e7d143c8357

hi teamsachin, i have posted the step-by-step procedure that you asked me about the HID retrofit.I uploaded photos as much as i took for getting an idea of how to do it.I know the photos are not enough.Well,if i do another i will surely take the rest.Hope the explanation helps a bit.
hi , i m using the same model of wagon r as you have and want to install the same projector as you have, tell me from where you got this projectors and CCFL ring? also mention the cost of both products. thank you.

Top Bottom