HID Xenons Headlamps: Discussions & Queries

Thanks for the info dude.

BTW what is the term motorized means? [confused]
Is that the one that comes in car?? I mean the one we adjust from inside.

In single xenon Hi/low, only one tube will be there and the lens is adjusted to get Hi and low beam. In bi xenon, separate tubes will be there for Hi and Low beam.

Huh!! Thanks for the info mate.

Already the amount of Vit M needed is more for me because of those double baralled lights. [anger]
OMG i have to put one for low beam and one for high beam. [frustration]

ilango[speed thirst];47151 said:
Motorised projectors cant be fixed as after market ,

err can be fixed , need lot of vit M from customer.

This is the setup I meant. It is made by some lens adjustment or so.
Youtube
I hope in this setup, only Hi or Low beam will be active. And in Bi-Xenon, both beams will be active at a time.

This is the setup I meant. It is made by some lens adjustment or so.
Youtube
I hope in this setup, only Hi or Low beam will be active. And in Bi-Xenon, both beams will be active at a time.
This is basically the functioning of bulbs that feature both high and low in a single bulb. This is not what is meant by motorized operation. This is comoon in H4, H9 HIDs. I use this kinda bulb in my projector setup.

This is basically the functioning of bulbs that feature both high and low in a single bulb. This is not what is meant by motorized operation. This is comoon in H4, H9 HIDs. I use this kinda bulb in my projector setup.
So the bi xenon is having two beams for both hi and low beam, right? These are available from Philips. I would like to know whether I can get the type of bulb given by me in the above video from philips.

Planning for bike, Unicorn..:stupid:
Well, its a good decision, but for Unicorn![confused]
I mean, if you want HIDs, your wiring have to br in DC. (I was told by a mechanic)
However, I have Bi Xenons for my Pulsar180UG4(already DC wiring) Works well but get ready to face battery drainage problems. But if you have a good running then no issues.
Do share the info about the fitting because my elder bro has Unicorn (2008), and he envy me a lot![evil] So was thinking to gift him one, only if you are successful!
All the best!

Attachments

Last edited:
Planning for bike, Unicorn..:stupid:
100/90 halogen is enough for me in the car..[:)]
Well, you will have few issues on using these for bikes. First, DC wiring should be used. Next, it will drain your battery. Am not an expert in bikes. You will have to check the battery and the side effects of using them.

I think gears can help you out since he already got it in his pulsar.

Well, you will have few issues on using these for bikes. First, DC wiring should be used. Next, it will drain your battery. Am not an expert in bikes. You will have to check the battery and the side effects of using them.
I have done DC setup on my bike and will soon change the RR unit and do coil rewinding to make the battery charging rate sufficient. Even without the RR change, the battery is doing fine now.
I was just checking the availability of Single tube branded ones as the Bi Xenon's are bit costlier.

Hey Blackbeauty with the stock battery you will surely face battery drain problems. My friend having HID in his HH Hunk is facing it!

Hey Blackbeauty with the stock battery you will surely face battery drain problems. My friend having HID in his HH Hunk is facing it!
I am running on stock setup with DC now. Many have tried using coil rewinding and Piaggio APE RR which helps in charging rate.:biggrin:
They are running on 60/55 halogen. Gonna put APE RR first and then do coil rewinding afterwards if necessary. So I am sure that I can atleast use a 35/35 HID in it.[:)]

I will PM you the link for the details. If your friend wants to do the changes, he can keep up the charging rate.

I am running on stock setup with DC now. Many have tried using coil rewinding and Piaggio APE RR which helps in charging rate.:biggrin:
They are running on 60/55 halogen. Gonna put APE RR first and then do coil rewinding afterwards if necessary. So I am sure that I can atleast use a 35/35 HID in it.[:)]

I will PM you the link for the details. If your friend wants to do the changes, he can keep up the charging rate.
Share the info with me to buddy. You remember, earlier I told that my elder bro also owns unicorn and he wants to install HIDs.[surprise]

Top Bottom