Hi from LOVECARS

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a Doctor by profession and live in Delhi. I love driving cars, especially on highways and hilly roads. I haved owned Matiz and Ford Fusion in past while I currently own an Automatic i10 and a Mahindra XUV which I bought just four months back and am currently hooked on to.
Hope to learn a lot from this Forum. Regards.

Attachments

Hi all,

I am a Doctor by profession and live in Delhi. I love driving cars, especially on highways and hilly roads. I haved owned Matiz and Ford Fusion in past while I currently own an Automatic i10 and a Mahindra XUV which I bought just four months back and am currently hooked on to.
Hope to learn a lot from this Forum. Regards.
Welcome aboard LOVECARS,wishing you a pleasant stay.

One thing common among us is "We both love highway and hilly drives".

Congrats for acquiring the cheetah,it has really got some serious joy of driving in cities like Delhi.

Thread Starter #3
Great to know that Vipul. You are 'bang on' when U say that Cheetah is a delight to drive even on congested streets of Delhi. That actually was a 'pleasant bonus' for me because I was not at all comfortable driving Scorpio or Safari on congested Delhi roads after taking their Test Drives and since I had bought XUV even without taking a test drive first, I was surprised with its performance on congested streets of Delhi. It is nothing less than 'awesome'.

Hello and welcome to TAI sir. Hope you have a pleasant stay here. And that's a nice SUV you own. We would love to see an ownership review with some nice pictures.

Great to know that Vipul. You are 'bang on' when U say that Cheetah is a delight to drive even on congested streets of Delhi. That actually was a 'pleasant bonus' for me because I was not at all comfortable driving Scorpio or Safari on congested Delhi roads after taking their Test Drives and since I had bought XUV even without taking a test drive first, I was surprised with its performance on congested streets of Delhi. It is nothing less than 'awesome'.
Now you will be surprised to know that I am in the top of the list of anti-XUV people and simply refused to buy one for myself(no offence to XUV owners)...[:)]
But that doesn't mean that I will discard the positives of the XUV.No doubt that XUV is best when it comes to the city drivability.There is no feeling of being a cumbersome SUV and the RVMs as well as the glass area gives you good view of the road too(I am not talking of the Inner RVM).
Any day I will choose an XUV over any other car if I need a car for my city usage,especially for the cities like New Delhi.
After driving XUV for about a thousand kilometers,I can say that this car has got a fantastic engine+Gearbox combo and is very very stress free to drive in city.
I know I must not say this but being true "IN CITY XUV REALLY DRIVES BETTER AND MORE EASIER THAN EVEN MY LAURA TSI OR COROLLA D-4D,although the game changes a lot on highways"(I hope someone will not get this point noted down)..[;)]

Hello doc.

A formal welcome to you.
Would like to see an ownership review of your cheetah and the reason you chose it to the likes of say safari or a scorpio.

Thread Starter #8
Hi Superbad,
I usually change cars some 5 years after buying them. My earlier car was a Ford Fusion which too I found amazing considering its bigger tyres and upright view. It was almost a mini-SUV and in fact, helped me in deciding that my next car wud be a full-blown SUV. I was searching for one within my budget of around 10L for last 2 years.
I liked the looks of Tata Safari but founds its gear-shift cumbersome and the clutch a bit hard. Somebody then recommended trying a Scorpio for test-drive. I liked its pick-up but interiors were too rustic. My kids and wife rejected it as well.
I even tried Ford Endeavour. It was way beyond my budget but still I gave it a try. Its drive was excellent but feature-wise, too bland. I liked Chevorlet Captiva a lot but that it came as a CBU was a big let-down and parts-availability was a big issue as well.
Toyota Fortuner was way beyond budget and also looked Intimidating to me. I had heard that Mahindra was coming out with a SUV code-named W201. I then decided to wait for it. I had sold my Fusion around a year back and was making do with my wife's Automatic i10 till I found something suitable for me.
I remember XUV 500 getting launched somewhere in 1st week of Oct,11 and I visited a showroom nearby for a dekko on very 1st day of launch. One look and I was hooked, I already had driven Scorpio and they said XUV could only better that. Interiors and feature-wise, I was satisfied while the price was 'killer'.
I immediately reached out for my cheque-book and paid the Advance. Rest, as they say, is History.
No regrets, just enjoying every day, every Km with my XUV.

Don't know but I have gone till Agra and Jaipur from Delhi on it in last couple of months, I found it O.K. No doubt, not perfect, becoz sometimes the firm grip to ground seems missing but I drove till top-speed of about 150-160km, it was O.K.
I am driving to Chail, Shimla and Naldehra next month, lets see how it behaves there but overall, its a good package in this budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
wonderful write up lovecars.

only thing is rather than posting this in your introduction thread it would be better to write an ownership review of your car.

this could help others in deciding their next vehicle too.

and also any negatives noticed do make a point of mentioning them too.

happy driving :)

350Z

Core Team
only thing is rather than posting this in your introduction thread it would be better to write an ownership review of your car. this could help others in deciding their next vehicle too.
+1 to that. Please create a separate ownership thread which would help prospective buyers out there. Anyways welcome to The Automotive India. Have a pleasant stay on the forum. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI LOVECARS, that was a nice intro and i saw your review on the torque day, well done, we want more such activities,reviews in our forum thanks for bringing in.

Have a pleasant stay and please free to contact the team for any kind of assistance.
Happy foruming.[:)]

Thread Starter #12
Hi Vishwas and others from Admin,
It has been just 2 days since I joined TAI but already seems like that I was always part of it. It seems just the right type of place for a rookie but enthusiastic Car lover like me. I will do my level best to contribute positively to your site and soon come out with ownership reviews of XUV500 and i10 Automatic Sportz, the 2 cars I currently own. I haven't done so becoz they are going to be quite exhaustive and hence lot more time-consuming and time is what I am most hard pressed for. All the best to you guyz....[:)]

I am waiting for the reviews buddy..especially of the i-10 auto.
About XUV..ummm,driven a lot but still will like to know about your XUV.
BTW,yours is a 4WD or 2WD?

BTW,I am always scared of Doctors.Why?Because they can order you to eat and drink any crap.
And more scaring is their penetrating needle(I hope you understand it)...they penetrated me many times saying "After this you will get a chocolate" and I am yet to get a chocolate..in other words you can't rely on them for a chocolate...:stupid:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Hi Vipul,
I am not that type of Doctor. I do have to give lots of Injections to children but I don't give them any Chocolates afterwards(bad for health, U know!). Instead I offer them genuine love and care, which helps me make good friends with them.
As for i10 and XUV ownership reviews, will try to complete by tomorrow. [:)]

Hi LOVECARS,

Welcome aboard. Good to have another Mahindra Cheetah on The Automotive India. Do post an ownership review of your SUV with lots of pictures.

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers.

Top Bottom