Hey Dude! I Bought This For My Car: Miscellaneous Auto Product Reviews

Thread Starter #3

deville_56

Honoured Member
I brought these below items long ago. Very helpful.
Antifreeze Refractometer Tester Battery Acid and Urea Tester. It is the accurate testing method of testing coolant and battery acid specific gravity.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B081W2SJGV...olid=3D19ET8OKMME0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Engine oil tester. Convincing technology. Fairly accurate good enough.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B081W2SJGV...olid=3D19ET8OKMME0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Valve Caps

View attachment 289633 View attachment 289634

DELUX AUTOMOTIVE Car Wheel Tire Valve Stem Dust Cap (Black) Pack of 100 Pcs.

I bet we all have that OCD of missing valve caps [evil] Disappears once in a while either misplaced by tyre guy or snipped by someone, fancy ones will be gone for sure. Bought a pack of 100 pieces as it was more economical at around ₹2 a piece, should last a lifetime.
Very helpful, I have been looking for these longtime. Ordered immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have just got the PROKLEAR windshield wash concentrate from Amazon

Link

DSC09977.JPG

DSC09978.JPG

DSC09979.JPG

First drain the windshield water remaining in the tank. Fill up the tank with clean water and add 5 ml of this concentrate. The concentrate will mix with the water in the tank quickly and we are ready to use. First time I filled up the tank with this product hence will comment later about the result.

Valve Caps

View attachment 289633 View attachment 289634

DELUX AUTOMOTIVE Car Wheel Tire Valve Stem Dust Cap (Black) Pack of 100 Pcs.

I bet we all have that OCD of missing valve caps [evil] Disappears once in a while either misplaced by tyre guy or snipped by someone, fancy ones will be gone for sure. Bought a pack of 100 pieces as it was more economical at around ₹2 a piece, should last a lifetime.
Is there any washer or o-ring inside cap could not see in the image?

Product Name: Meguiar's G8224 Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner (709 ml)
Review: I don't have issues with cleaning exterior car glass but interior glass surface (especially the windshield) builds up a layer of sticky oil (Released by plastic and dressers) and it doesn't go away easily. I have tried several glass cleaners including Proklear's GCC but the Meguiars Glass Cleaner cleans the glass in one go (wipe on wipe off) and makes it crystal clear. I was really surprised with its cleaning abilities without much effort. There is no more sticky oil, residue or lint getting stuck from microfiber clothes. Only issue is the smell which I didn't like and would wear a mask while using the product. Cost of the product depends on the seller listing and I got it for Rs. 455/- from Retailnet (Flipkart).
Rating: 4/5
Cost: Rs. 455/- from Flipkart
Links: Amazon, Flipkart or search for cheaper listing.
Product Pictures:
Meguiar's_Glass_Cleaner_001.jpg

Meguiar's_Glass_Cleaner_002.jpg
Meguiar's_Glass_Cleaner_003.jpg

Last edited:
Product Name: Aerol Corrogard Multi Functional Oil Spray (300g/439ml)
Review: This lubricant spray is same as WD40, Zorrik 88 and etc. It has good reviews and costs less then other equivalent products. I have used other two products and now bought this one to see how good it is.
Rating: Yet to try
Cost: Rs. 265/- from Amazon
Links: Amazon
Product Pictures:
Aerol_Corrogard_001.jpg

Aerol_Corrogard_03.jpg

Product Name: Aerol Multipurpose Silicone Spray (300g)
Review: This is silicone spray for lubricating metal, plastic, rubber and etc. It does not degrade plastic and rubber parts like petroleum grease. Can be used for window weather seal for smooth operation of glass, rubber boots, car door hinges and etc. Also it attracts less dirt compared to petroleum grease. However, it shouldn't be used for lock cylinder, instead graphite dry lube spray is recommended. As of the product quality, few weeks ago I have used it for my car door hinges and so far the coating is holding good. Only thing is the product has more gas and thin silicone content.
Rating: 4/5
Cost: Rs. 439/- from Amazon
Links: Amazon
Product Pictures:
Aerol_Silicone_Spray_001.jpg

Aerol_Silicone_Spray_003.jpg

Product Name: FMS Fire Stop (Fire Extinguisher Spray) (500ml each)
Review: This is foam based fire extinguisher spray which 'may' help stop small fires on wood, paper, furnishings and some flammable liquids. I said 'may' because there is no guarantee that it work and it is not recommended to use on cooking oil, gas and electrical fires. The one I have bought has FMS branding but I couldn't find any details about this company. There are other brands like Getsun, WhatFire and etc but most of these are generic and sold by many sellers so kindly check reviews and buy only those that accept returns. I will be keeping one can in my house kitchen and other in my car. Quality of the can is good but plastic mount is flimsy. Expire date mentioned under the can is 05/08/2026 but other generic spray cans last only 3 years from DOM.

Powder based fire extinguisher is suited for wide range of fires and if you are interested then check out Jetcool JCABC500 ABC Powder Fire Extinguisher (500g) on flipkart and official site. You can search for others but most of them are expensive and heavy.

Rating: Yet to try
Cost: Rs. 234/- for pack of two from Flipkart
Links: Flipkart or search for listings with good reviews and returns
Product Pictures:
FMS_Fire_Stop_001_PS.jpg FMS_Fire_Stop_002_PS.jpg FMS_Fire_Stop_003_PS.jpg FMS_Fire_Stop_004.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Great thread, @deville_56. I second about the OCD for missing valve caps. Thanks for sharing the link. I’d like to review two products:

Tantra Twist Smart Mobile Holder

Bought this in Mid-2018 for Rs.599 as I wanted a sturdy mobile holder. There are many cheaper road-side options but most of them fall now and then.

Overall I’m totally satisfied with the purchase. The only time it did fell was when the car was parked under sun for long and once when I drove over a bad patch.

It's still available for the same price on Amazon (link) and it seems the design has been improved a bit. Hope they’ve not compromised on the quality now.

Tantra-Twist-Mobile-Holder.jpg

Hi-Art Magnetic Window Sun Shades

A much needed add-on after the sun-film ban. I bought this in Mid-2017 through PayTM for Rs.930 after some cashback.

I was fed up of the suction-type shades. Magnetic shades, in comparison, are certainly more graceful and convenient. The ones I use are non-foldable and have zippers on front pieces.

The only reason I won’t rate them full marks is because the rear pieces have deformed on their own and fall down everytime rear doors are opened.

Hi-Art-Magnetic-Sunshades.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom