Here Comes Our Nano!

Many congratulations for your Tata Nano. You should have forced them for Special Loyalty bonus, Forth TATA, i mean thats too much of Tata. BTW any plans to mod you Nano?

Thread Starter #18
congrats buddy finally your nano came [:)]
so this is your fourth tata right ?
Thanks Raja! hmm...... this one is 6th Tata.

A new Nano is having so many problems[surprise], how come it is possible
Yes, some vehicles do have problems right from the beginning especially incase of Nano the low cost does take a toll on quality of spares. Also, all over India knows the QC of Indian companies.

hi, finally you wrote the ownership review.
why didnt you get the new 'tip-tap' mirrors on both sides?
Yeah, they were costing 1200 INR with painting so did'nt got them but I am seriously thinking of getting it as its hard to reverse without them.

Many congratulations for your Tata Nano. You should have forced them for Special Loyalty bonus, Forth TATA, i mean thats too much of Tata. BTW any plans to mod you Nano?
Correction its 6th. They already gave me a discount of 50K INR what more could I ask for.[clap]

Hi mercedised,

Kindly suggest us to buy a tiny hatch for my wife. I feel Nano will be a good choice if it is being used to office commuting and arranging 2 lakhs will not be heavy on pocket also.

Please clarify the following:

1: What is the exact FE in City when there are no co-passengers.
2: Howz the brake?
3: Do you have idea when Nano Diesel will be launched?
4: Is it okay to go with base model?

congrats on your nano :)

but you missed quite a lot from the nano 2012, i do not want be a dampener but these are what u missed -

apart from the cosmetic changes, the 624cc petrol engine has seen a rise in power from 34 bhp to nearly 37 bhp while torque has seen a 0.3 kgm rise as well. All these improvements have helped the Tata Nano's fuel efficiency figure rise from 23.6 kpl to 25.4 kpl. Tata has also made subtle changes to the air-conditioning to improve efficiency. New seat trim for both the CX and LX have been incorporated as well.

Hi mercedised,

Kindly suggest us to buy a tiny hatch for my wife. I feel Nano will be a good choice if it is being used to office commuting and arranging 2 lakhs will not be heavy on pocket also.

here are answers from my side -

1. i am getting 25~26 without AC in city (always <50kmph)
2. brakes are OK ( its not having disc break, but i dont feel it as a -ve, as carb weight is only 650kg , stock brakes are doing well )
3. don't think of launching a diesel pot in near future, but yes there are chances to have a CNG , may be in this diwali )
4. Base model has no AC , its better to have atleast CX model.

Thread Starter #22
Hi mercedised,

If you have a strict budget of under 2 Lakhs and want a new vehicle then you should look nowhere else, Nano is a straight choice. I am getting FE of about 15-16 Kmpl with AC ON all the time which is very low considering the fact that I drive very sedately. The brakes have excellent bite if the car is driven under 50 Kmph above which the vehicle on braking feels unsafe. Nano diesel is on the cards only after first quarter of 2013. For me AC is the need of every car and if you are based in a metro city then yes you should opt for AC car.

Also, consider the fact that you would be having frequent visits to TASC which is not the very best in business in customer satisfaction levels in terms of their work.

congrats on your nano :)
but you missed quite a lot from the nano 2012, i do not want be a dampener but these are what u missed -

apart from the cosmetic changes, the 624cc petrol engine has seen a rise in power from 34 bhp to nearly 37 bhp while torque has seen a 0.3 kgm rise as well. All these improvements have helped the Tata Nano's fuel efficiency figure rise from 23.6 kpl to 25.4 kpl. Tata has also made subtle changes to the air-conditioning to improve efficiency. New seat trim for both the CX and LX have been incorporated as well.
Thanks, yes I did missed those upgrades but anyway I was aware of them and was not looking for them as they hardly make a difference in city. That 2 cylinder engine with a few more horses put together with an increase in torque figure which is negligible for a 2 cylinder pot does'nt make a difference of 2 worlds between the 2012 and 2011 model.

Top Bottom