Help with Insurance - Maruti 800

Thread Starter #16
checked with MASS for the windshield price. they quoted 2650 for the price of the glass and 350 being labour and little more for the adhesive as required. they also mentioned that for Maruti 800. the car be driven immediately and there is no time required to wait for the glass to settle down or something!
Windshield experts had told me that the glass fixing would take some 20-30 mins but then later one should wait for 2 hours and start by driving slowly.
Seems there way of fixing the windshield is different among the two!

Thread Starter #17
guys, an update! got the windshield done at windshield experts!
will write a detailed experience report in sometime as i get free.

Thread Starter #18
Got the car insurance done today morning.

This was done at Oriental insurance which is near to my office. i was asked the previous policy and RC and then a proposal form was filled->a guy did the vehicle inspection. he also commented looking at the car "very neatly kept sar"->he finished his report->another officer approved the documents after going through all the photo copies and information->after his signatures, i was asked to pay for the insurance->leave Oriental insurance with thx to the officer and car is finally insured back.

350Z

Core Team
guys, an update! got the windshield done at windshield experts!will write a detailed experience report in sometime as i get free.
Please do so. That would really help many.

Got the car insurance done today morning.

This was done at Oriental insurance which is near to my office. i was asked the previous policy and RC and then a proposal form was filled->a guy did the vehicle inspection. he also commented looking at the car "very neatly kept sar"->he finished his report->another officer approved the documents after going through all the photo copies and information->after his signatures, i was asked to pay for the insurance->leave Oriental insurance with thx to the officer and car is finally insured back.
Congratulations! I am glad that the problem was finally sorted out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20
well, after i checked at MASS, the price they quoted was 2600 for the glass and 350 as labour. also they were with their usual attitude that you can leave the car in the morning and pickup in the evening or we can drop at your place. i wasnt very impressed.
while the day i planned to get the windshield done, i called "windshield experts" again and checked with them on their availability.
the windshield guys told me that i can come anytime and this would be done with 15 mins. the way they spoke was very inspiring and the store manager was extremely courteous. i mentioned them that i was inquiring before hand so that if your people are busy, i can come accordingly. the manager mentioned that "sir, you can come anytime and we wont let you wait for long".
Since such an assurance was given, i decided to go to them after the office. i started from my office( @ lavelle road, bangalore) and reached Windshield experts in 15 mins time. As soon as i reached there, i met the manager and again mentioned(for the sake) that i pursed Windshield experts because you guys are the experts and i expect you to fix this small tinch on the glass rather than just directly change the windshield.
the manager on listening this, again called up his engineer and asked him to inspect again but the engineer mentioned that this can be fixed but then these kind of tinches can come back in 6-7 months hence they were recommending changing the glass. also fixing the tinch would cost 800 Rs wherease the new windshield wont cost too expensive hence it was better to get the new glass.
convinced with this, i asked them to go ahead. My car was parked inside their store and the work started:
1. a person from inside, took off items on the dashboard and cleaned the place.
2. then they started to push the beeding off and take the glass out. with some effort they could remove the old windshield. in this process, the windshield cracked from on place since he applied lot of pressure. it was such a bad feeling to see that happen [cry]
3. As soon as he took the glass out, two more people carefully took the glass and kept in their dumping zone.
4. The fourth guy now started with a shampoo spray water and cleaned the area with the beeding is fitted in. there was dust and crap and hence seeing the cleaning being done, i was happy again. [:D]
5. Next two guys after dumping the old glass windshield, went to a rack and picked up a new windshield and started to carefully get its cover removed. they even showed me that the new glass also was from AIS.
6. After the windshield was taken out of its cover, the beeding was fitted back and then the process of fitting it back started.
7. two guys helping the man inside could fit the glass back in 5 mins.
8. their main person then verified the fitting from all ends and instructed the junior to now go ahead clean again all the end and clean the windshield.
9. Final step: the windshield was cleaned with their glass cleaning solution and a new paper.
10. I was suggested that i should also use a glass cleaner(which windshield experts recommend) and also told that newspaper should be used always. i nodded that i never use any cloth for my windshield and only the newspapers.

Billing:
in ten mins my windshield was restored. my bill was 2680 and as i asked the manager for some reduction or some discounts, they gave a smile and on asking again they charged me 2521. as my bill was being put up, their team was taking a snack break hence i was offered cold drink and as i was paying the bill, one of their people took my car and got it back on the road.
Zoomed past windshield experts in 15 mins with a great experience to share and remember!

Last edited:
That's a pretty nice experience and great to see such professional response! 15mins for completion is really great!

But we cannot blame MASS too , they must be having many cars to work on daily!

Top Bottom