Help With Buying Used Maruti Zen LX!

Thread Starter #1
Hi to all you petrol heads..
Special wishes in advance to all for the independence day!
Need your help guys.. I ave seen a used 2002 zen lx mpfi in stock condition, with new goodyear tyres, excellent ICE and a odo that shows 67000km. It is without power windows and power steering but rides excellent(read mpfi again!)
The color is moon beam silver and there is just one dent near the head light around 4x4 cm! But thats very doable.[;)]
What do you guys think should be the approx cost for this beauty? Cant get my mind away fro her.. Please let me know.. Would really appreciate the help.
Drive safe and keep revvin!

Re: Help with buying a used zen lx!

Must be above 1L for sure.
no idea abt present resale value since the petrol cost are increasing , people are moving towards diesel.

anything around1L range must be a good buy.

Thread Starter #5
Thank you guys..
My Budget is around 1-1.5lac..
its my second car(too bored of the alto now!)
I was looking for a used zen because i think its a very nice, peppy and zippy car to have; and might modify it in future too[glasses]
But is it a good idea to have a car thats long out of production? What about spares and body parts in case of damage? will it be a ripper on d pocket in terms of maintenance[confused]?

350Z

Core Team
It's a long weekend over here, so that's why the delays. You won't face issue with the spare parts because that specific model of Zen has been successful in India. If you are interested, you can also get some nice sedans around that much budget (Accent, Ikon, OHC, Lancer). Otherwise, in the hatchbacks alone, check out the Fiat Palio, Spark (almost new) or even the 3 Door Zen which is although a rare example.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Maintanance is damn cheap and oe parts are available. Even for automatic zen , which were produced less in number and even speedo cable design varying from normal zen was made available in a week time

so normal zen will be easy to maintain

Last edited:

Top Bottom