Which alloys?

• Black

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • White

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Black any day ,
white one will go cool with some spoilers and body skirts imo

Go for 195 section , read and ask for 205 section users as it may scrap in heavy bump at sides (Minor scrap , but will make huge noise inside cabin)

Thread Starter #18
the punto already comes with 195 section tyres. I dont want to put 205 section as it will dampen the already weak performance even more.

the punto already comes with 195 section tyres. I dont want to put 205 section as it will dampen the already weak performance even more.
Exactly Rajeev. I dont think the tires on Punto are at all Skinny. They are just perfect for the job. So avoid upsizing, although you may switch to other brands like Michelin or Yoko if you wish to.

Thread Starter #24
Nopes. I dont want to mess with the wheels as any imperfect job while installation may have dangerous results. after all, wheels are the only things that holds us on the road!

My all time favorite White ride with white rims and black tints.[:D]
But black rims also looks good especially with chrome lips and black tints.
However my vote goes for white rims.

Nopes. I dont want to mess with the wheels as any imperfect job while installation may have dangerous results. after all, wheels are the only things that holds us on the road!
You can use 100 PCD with wobbly bolts. A lot of Punto's in Europe are running with this set up. If the bolts on the Punto are the same as the Palio/Petra then 100 PCD is not an issue.
You are right Peter. I a myself have been using a set of 100 PCD alloys with wobbly washers. Installed them about 6 years back. Never faced any trouble even at speeds of 125kmph (of course on a down slope [:D]).
Above all, this set of wobbly washers and bolts are home made. Not the ebay stuff.

Raj, apart from the looks ensure you install the alloy that has the offset (ET value, it is stamped in the middle of the Punto rim) and width as close to stock rim.

Attachments

Top Bottom