[Help] Tata Indica Turbo - RPM Problem?

Thread Starter #1
My engine idle RPM has been fluctuating a lot recently, it's normal when I start, but after a few kms the idle RPM goes up to 1050-1100 and keeps fluctuating up and down by 50-70 rpm. happens randomly with/without AC. The engine note also changes with the RPM. During fluctuation the music system also gets switched off automatically.Anyone have any ideas?[confused][confused]

Does the music system get switched off everytime when such fluctuation occurs?
As for your rpm problem thats surely a turbo issue. But the thing which is making me wonder is the music system problem which i am not able to associate with the rpm issue. Did you get your ride checked at the S.S. If not get a thorough checkup done.

Somethings wrong with the governor. How old is your car ? How many kms has it clocked ?
You experiencing any difference in power delivery while driving ?

Music system getting switched off cant be related to the fluctuating RPM problem.

Thread Starter #4
Does the music system get switched off everytime when such fluctuation occurs?
As for your rpm problem thats surely a turbo issue. But the thing which is making me wonder is the music system problem which i am not able to associate with the rpm issue. Did you get your ride checked at the S.S. If not get a thorough checkup done.
when we are driving at 80km suddenly rpm goes down from 20 to 9rpm.At this time the whole electrical gets switched off automatically...In night time we can see the fluctuation in the headlights clearly(dim and bright)...[frustration]
The mechanic says may be a problem of Battery...but the battery guys says that battery is good and had a life of more than 6 months..[confused]

Thread Starter #5
Somethings wrong with the governor. How old is your car ? How many kms has it clocked ?
You experiencing any difference in power delivery while driving ?

Music system getting switched off cant be related to the fluctuating RPM problem.
Its an 2007 Indica DLG Turbo model..clocked 54,545kms..There is no change in my power delivery normally but happens when the rpm problem occurs.

Its an 2007 Indica DLG Turbo model..clocked 54,545kms..There is no change in my power delivery normally but happens when the rpm problem occurs.
The thing is when your Engine RPM drops the alternator doesn't produce enough current & hence the Music system gets off,lights dim,etc.

But why is your engine RPM dropping suddenly/fluctuating ?
For that get the governor checked.
The governor is a valve which basically controls the flow of diesel in the engine & helps the engine idle.
Even get the belts & Pulleys checked.

My engine idle RPM has been fluctuating a lot recently, it's normal when I start, but after a few kms the idle RPM goes up to 1050-1100 and keeps fluctuating up and down by 50-70 rpm. happens randomly with/without AC. The engine note also changes with the RPM. During fluctuation the music system also gets switched off automatically.Anyone have any ideas?[confused][confused]
Mechanically- Check FICD, Clean/Calibrate Fuel Pump and Filter & Check all belts and pulleys.
Electrically (More Likely)- Alternator Check Must. Most Probably a Faulty regulator.

Hi Linkin, has your problem solved?

The reason behind dimming the headlights is that when the Radiator Fan turns on, the load on battery increases. So the headlight does not get sufficient power.

Thread Starter #11
I am very sorry for the late reply.Got my problem solved the stator in the alternator has been burnt and rectifiers has been changed.

Total cost 2k for the Alternator service and 250rs for the labour

mine car shows 1000 ideal rpm can you tell me how to reduce them or at 1000 ideal rpm car can give good fuel economy or i will face poor fuel economy ?
but sure have to pull more in first gear if i reduce ideal rpm

Last edited:

Top Bottom