Help Required for LPG Installation on Alto K10

Thread Starter #1
Thinking to install LPG in Alto K10 but I have questions.

Which kit?
Cost (kit, tank, rto)?
Performance affected?
Safety?
Boot space loss?
Mileage ?

Re: Help required for LPG installation.

If we talk about cost effective solution then you can opt for CNG giving you current location is Pune and CNG availability over there.

CNG will occupy all your boot space and there is slight drop in power and performance. Running fuel cost will be approximately Rs.2 per Km. Sequential kit for K-10 engine are suggested and will cost you around 50-70K depending upon manufacturer and fitter.

LPG fuel running cost will be around Rs.4 per KM and it will also cover all your boot space but LPG kit will cost much lesser then new gen sequential kits and performance is much better than CNG.

There are many CNG and LPG kit brands available in market, BRC is one of them which you can try IMO.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks ToughGuy, I have all info about CNG as I am using this.
now I want to know about 'LPG' for my other car.

Depends on budget (I prefer Lovato for service network, performance is same as other italian kits, but approximately 3k costlier)

Cost (kit, tank, rto)?
Regular kit+tank+RTO endorsement: 15~20k (depends on make & tank, 32ltr toroidal tank is 2k costlier than 60ltr regular tank)

Sequential kits: 30~48k

Performance affected?
Yes, right from low end torque to max speed everything will be affected. But with sequential kit, performance drop is marginal. Proper tuning in regular kits will get you the same performance

[confused]

Boot space loss?
Toroidal tank can save your boot space
Here is the data for Alto 800cc
City: 13~14kmpl
Highway: 15~16kmpl
All figures with 100% AC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks,

Regular kit and Sequential kits: 30~48k
What is the difference ? Regular kit is OK?

How is the BRC kit ? Maruti prefers these kits?

Yes, right from low end torque to max speed everything will be affected. But with sequential kit, performance drop is marginal. Proper tuning in regular kits will get you the same performance
Same like CNG then.

Toroidal tank
What is a capacity ?

City: 13~14kmpl
Highway: 15~16kmpl
Looks good.
My CNG zen gives 20 in city and 28 on highways !!

What is the difference ? Regular kit is OK?
I'm not very sure about the technology difference, sequential kits come with ECU other than this evaporator and other parts looks similar to me.

I have driven two similar cars one with sequential kit & other with regular kit (i think they call it as lambda kit, not sure). Performance drop in sequential kit is very marginal.

Regarding regular kits, we had cars with Lovato, Longas, Landrenzo kits (one more I don't remember the brand, from Italy) out of which Longas gave a better FE and longer service interval (25k km), Landrenzo is the cheapest and FE is close to Longas. Lovato has a wide spread service network, FE is less than other 3.

How is the BRC kit ? Maruti prefers these kits?
Market feedback is positive for BRC in terms of reliability, but costlier than Lovato and FE is slightly lower than Lovato.

What is a capacity?
34ltr water capacity, but you can fill only 30ltr LPG.

I have fitted BRC LPG kit for my 2009 make 1.1 lit wagonr 15 days back at parvati industrial estate , satara road, pune.

Cost Rs18000 inclusive of regn., smart card.

Installation completed in one day.

Boot space lost completely.

Mileage prior to installation with normal petrol 16.5 kmpl

Mileage with lpg ,14.7 kmpl

The BRC guy told that mileage gets reduced by 2 km as compared to petrol in any car.
Performence- The new kit is designed in such a way that car starts on petrol mode by default , then immediately gets converted on lpg mode automatically.

Starting the car on lpg invites higher maintainance cost later on

Routine maintainance cost is Rs 1500 approx. Per 10 k km (filter cost) on the top of routine car servicing.
Hydra test is compulsory by law after few years (Rs 3 k)

Pickup reduced marginally in ghat (khambatki) section.
However you can run the car on petrol mode in such situations.

I got new mischelin Xm2 tyres , nitrogen filled in to counter the pick up reduction.
Still some difference is felt in ghat section.
Smoking inside the car is prohibited.

It's a rto approved kit.

Last edited:
hi . I own a old honda city 1.5 exi 2002 model . I want to know which lpg kit will suit the car the most , i mean the brand and the price of the kit . plus i want a kit which smells the least of all. any help will be highly appreciated. plus what is the current price of lpg.

Thread Starter #9
BRC kits are recommended by maruti and also by other manufacturers
Check for ROhan BRC dealer in you area. The advanced sequential kit will cost you about 35 to 40k.

I got new mischelin Xm2 tyres , nitrogen filled in to counter the pick up reduction.

how it is possible??
how tyre can backup power loss by LPG??
IMO, they can have better grip / good millage due to some friction science. but i don't think / know how tyre can increase car's power / pickup.

and i think that its not good to go with LPG, as its also a petrolium product , which means higher price in future, while CNG is / will be cheaper in near future also.

New and good quality tyres do not suffer the spontaneous air loss from the micro pores , as compared to average quality tyres. Xm2 mischelin are supposed to have less er and smaller micropore s , according to mischelin R&D. If proper pressure is maintained then pickup/ power loss will not be much as compared to others.

Also , nitrogen renders the car ligher, hence better pick up .

BTW ,our wagonr is suffering from continuous irritating rattle near or probably inside the lpg tank, which could not be rectified by BRC man, though he claimed that he rectified it. Similar feed back has come from my friend who owns a wagonr( BRC kit).

Thread Starter #12
BTW ,our wagonr is suffering from continuous irritating rattle near or probably inside the lpg tank, which could not be rectified by BRC man, though he claimed that he rectified it. Similar feed back has come from my friend who owns a wagonr( BRC kit).
Even I am facing same issue with CNG tank [:)] no solution found yet.

Top Bottom