Help Needed To Choose the Best Petrol Hatchback (6 Lacs)

Best Petrol Hatchback around 6L On Road

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just became the part of this informative & helpful forum today. Planning to buy a new car, found the information & reviews very useful, could'nt resist myself to ask for an advice from the experts/users.

My need: The best petrol hatchback in around 6 lac range- On road(could stretch upto 6.5 at a max)

City: Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh)

THe shortlisting procedure:

1. My average monthly running would be 600-800 KM( 70%-City, 30%-Highway), hence found petrol as my best alternative. Hope I am correct !!!

2. After looking at my finances, fixed a max cap of 6 Lac (Can go upto 6.5 Lac if it is worth)

3. Nuclear family of 3 (currently)

4. Currently owning a Bike, This would be my first CAR. (Driving still not that refined).

5. Would be availing loan with 30% Down payment

6. Basic needs include: A decent sized Hatchback with nice Fuel Economy(not necessay be the best in class), Good safety features, Low after sales service & spares.

7. Based on my own views had narrowed down on the following(not necessarily on the above mentioned parameters, prices mentioned are general onroad pricing without negotiations)
A. New i20 Sportz- 6.25L
B. Swift Zxi- 6.25L
C. Fiat Punto 1.2 Fire Dynamic- 5.8L
D. Nissan Micra XV- 6.1L
E. Volkswagen Polo Comfortline 1.2L- 5.85L

Two of my favs are not in the list, Honda Jazz is beyond budget, Skoda Fabia has no dealership in Lucknow [anger]

Also Polo Comfortline has the least features amond all other models specified, not totally convinced on Polo [confused].

This leaves me with only four choices: i20 Sportz, Swift ZXi, Micra XV & Punto 1.2 Dynamic.

Request all Experts/Users to kindly help me get the best first car [:)]

Swift zxi will be my choice it's a fun to drive machine . Why not the Honda brio in the list iam just curious to know ?i20 will be a little expensive to maintain compared to the swift .

I would advice you to consider the Honda brio it is in your budget you will get a nice loaded model and Honda is giving some great discounts too .

Hello ABHI0281,
Welcome to TAI
i would suggest you either a Swift ZXi or Honda Brio S(O)MT/V MT.
Swift ZXi= Driving pleasure on highways, Easy on pocket to maintain, After Sales Service availability, Resale value.
Honda Brio = iVtec engine, refinement, Honda badge, trendy small size hatch that would be easy to handle in and around the city.

Swift zxi will be my choice it's a fun to drive machine . Why not the Honda brio in the list iam just curious to know ?i20 will be a little expensive to maintain compared to the swift .
I would advice you to consider the Honda brio it is in your budget you will get a nice loaded model and Honda is giving some great discounts too .
Honda Jazz is also not that expencive. The day it was launched at a price of 7 lac+
Now Honda decresed the price to 5.5 lac. Please confirm from the delar.

I would reccomond i20 sportz. It has got all best in class feature. Through i am not very happy with the new i20 model(fludic design). The old one is my favourite. I own i20 sportz petrol. Let me know if you have any specific query regarding i20.

Honda Jazz is also not that expencive.
Honda Jazz base costs ex showroom 5.5 lakhs. The Jazz base is almost having all the features of Swift ZXi. It would be another choice if you want a spacious hatch. The only thing to worry about is the ground clearance and resale value .

My vote goes for polo.
I am sure you will get polo highline with all safety features within 6.5 after discounts being offered on it. With free annual maintenance contract, you stay stress free on service part for couple of years.
I have lived in Lucknow for around two years, I can say that polo would really be good in Lucknow city as well as some highway trips (like near gomati river).
Your family will love the car. I bet you will be a fan soon.

Thread Starter #9
Honda Jazz is also not that expencive. The day it was launched at a price of 7 lac+
The Ex-Showroom Price of Base Jazz is 5.9 in Lucknow- On Road is 6.6 (No discounts offered [anger] )

I would have blindly chosen Swift out of your list, as the K-series engine is one of the best around, but i would also advise you to take a look at Brio. If you are ok to compromise on performance then do test drive Vista as it gives you maximum bang for your buck.

Hello and welcome to The Automotive India Abhi0281

With the given budget and the cars in your list I would suggest you to go ahead with the Swift as it is a very good and proven car, comes with low maintenance, good resale value, FE is good as well, behaves pretty good on the highways too. And I guess you can get some discount too as they have discounts on the petrol versions most of the time.

Second choice would be Brio or Jazz.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i'll recommend i20 sportz. swift is also good but all the features you'll get in i20 , you won't get in any other car.

i'd have given the jazz top priority but you say it's out of budget so no point in discussing that.

i20's petrol engine is same as the i10 so yes you may feel low acceleration but that's not a huge disappointment considering the car as a whole package.

Swift fails to brakes on low speeds.
I20 steering doesnt self center after turning the car.
Polo has no engine power.
Liva front suspension issue.
Only brio is one car without any defects as of now.

U can google it (for defects) the cars mentioned above.

Though I voted for the Swift from the list, I do not like it as I feel it is dated now as facelift could not do much [:)]

I really suggest you to go and check with Brio !!
And of course I even suggest Vista 2012 model which is quite spacious and with all good features, in case of TATA just find out for the best service guy [clap]

Top Bottom