Help Needed in Buying an Entry Level Sedan

Thread Starter #1
Dear readers,

I am looking for a entry level sedan. I have 2012 Dzire VXI and Etios G in my mind. Now I am confused of which one i should buy.

I use car rarely. Ie. avg 500 KM per month and carry less luggage. Avg 5 people of medium weight will be traveling. Two will be at the age of around 65. so preferring more comfort at the rear seat..

Please suggest me which car is the best for my usage

Thanks to all in advance. :)

350Z

Core Team
I use car rarely. Ie. avg 500 KM per month and carry less luggage. Avg 5 people of medium weight will be traveling. Two will be at the age of around 65. so preferring more comfort at the rear seat.
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. Toyota Etios is clearly a better choice than Dzire considering the mentioned requirements. However, I would still request to answer a few relevant questions as indicated in this link so that we can suggest the most suitable car. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dear readers,

I am looking for a entry level sedan. I have 2012 Dzire VXI and Etios G in my mind. Now I am confused of which one i should buy.
Test drive both after that u can easily decide.

Fyi- both have some design flaws-
Swift dzire - no brakes on low speeds(brake pedal became rock hard)
Etios - suspension design fault you can hear thud sound on speed breakers(yet to get any solution) apart from this etios car interior remind you maruti 800 quality interiors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Denice,
Welcome to TAI
If you want an overall good package I would suggest you to go for Swift Dzire ZXi. It has all features which wont compromise either on safety or luxury.It will fetch you good resale value too.
My vote goes for Swift Dzire ZXi

Etios is definitely a better choice than Dzire. Also, have a look at Fiesta Classic too. It's an amazing driver's delight.

Etios - suspension design fault you can hear thud sound on speed breakers(yet to get any solution) apart from this etios car interior remind you maruti 800 quality interiors.
Buddy, is the sound a solid blunt thud or a Metallic clang like noise like a recoil of a metal spring?

freakdude.

Etios is definitely a better choice than Dzire. Also, have a look at Fiesta Classic too. It's an amazing driver's delight.

Buddy, is the sound a solid blunt thud or a Metallic clang like noise like a recoil of a metal spring?

freakdude.
Honestly i am not that kinda expert but something is wring with suspension or suspension area that i am sure.

denice
from your requirement it's clear that diesel car is not an option you should look for
so it all boils down to petrol car
so an entry level sedan starts from
hyundai accent
swift dzire
toyota etios
ford classic
tata indigo - manza
chevy -aveo
honda city

so now the main query. what kind of budget do you have for an entry level sedan ?

Firstly welcome to the forum, can you tell us your upper limit budget so that we can suggest you the best option?

Etios is a clear winner here as it comes with a good ride quality, also look into the newly launched Mahindra Verito

Looking at your requirement, the first thing I can think about your prime need is the ingress and outgress in/from the car. As you have mentioned 2 people travelling would be of age 65. So go around try TDing some cars and see which car gives best of both ease of ingress/outgress plus back seat comfort. I am not sure but, the only car comes in my mind is TATA Manza. All the best.

Looking at your requirement, the first thing I can think about your prime need is the ingress and outgress in/from the car. As you have mentioned 2 people travelling would be of age 65. So go around try TDing some cars and see which car gives best of both ease of ingress/outgress plus back seat comfort. I am not sure but, the only car comes in my mind is TATA Manza. All the best.
Rightly said.

Since the requirement is an entry level sedan and back seat comfort is a primary requirement, then it should be TATA Manza.

Not only space, its the ergonomics due to seat design and positioning, also easy ingress/outgress and excellent ride quality. Elder people won't feel tired in a long journey too.

Top Bottom