Help Needed For Alloy Wheels of My Ritz (White)

Re: Help need for alloy wheels for my ritz (white)

and buy 4/ 5 wheels?
Better go for 5 wheels. These days people go for 4 wheels thereby saving some bucks, however in case of puncture, they have to use the stock steel rim which spoils the look of the ride. So its always better to go for a complete set of wheels.

Thread Starter #17

thanks akash .
Guru's please give me a comparative study of using 14"/15", and the best combination of tyre and alloy wheels.

If you want your car to look stylish and different from the rest go for 15" , i think you wont face any major issues after upsizing. If you are not willing to take a risk go ahead with 14".

Tyres and alloys depends on the budget. Alloys get in touch with your local tyre dealer , the ones you search in net may not be available at your place always!

Tyres Michelin's are good if you want cheaper go for Yokohama A-Drive or S-Drive.

Again four or five depends on your budget , if you have the money go for five.

Thread Starter #19

While visiting one dealer I like one model of platty830- and cost-16,800/-(15") 4 nos.
And michilen tyre cost-5100/- Is it reasonable price ?

Plati alloys are more cheaper. I think you can bargain & get an decent deal for 14K

But what are the tyres you are mentioning about ?

Tyre Model please - 5K seems to be bit costly even if its XM1+ !!

I don know about alloys but tyres yes the cost is a bit on the higher side! Here XM1+ itself costs only around Rs.4200 per tyre

I am using 15" alloys on my swift and i just love the handling of the car now! I have put Nankang NS-II sport 205/55-15 tyres since i was a little tight on budget and wanted a set of 5. If you can extend your budget you can go for yokos, michelins or pirellis.
If you put 15" alloys either go for 195/60-15, 205/55-15 or 205/50-15 tyres. Most of the 15"chers go for 195/60-15.

@Varun

I think your Swift is a petrol one.

1. What made you to go for 15"
2. with that upgrade of tyres too, what FE you are getting now and what is the speedo meter error

@Varun

I think your Swift is a petrol one.

1. What made you to go for 15"
2. with that upgrade of tyres too, what FE you are getting now and what is the speedo meter error
Hello Gurrala Sirji,
Yes my swift is a petrol one.
I was in two minds to go for 15" or 16" since i hardly use that car on highways. I had driven my friends cars; a swift with 16" alloys and a ritz with 15" alloys. I easily felt the difference of the quality of the ride between the 2 cars. The swift was really bad and felt too hard on bad roads compared to the ritz. On good roads the swift was amazing!
My FE has hardly fallen by about a kmpl or slightly more than that and as far as the speedo meter error is concerned i haven't checked it out yet. [:)]

@thegreatv,
I am planning to upgrade my Ritz (vxi) tyres which had done 40k km so far. I am confused whether to retain stock size (i.e 14") and upgrade only tyres to 185/70/R14 or upgrade to 15" rim and 190/60/R15 tyres. I am going to add alloys with this upgrade. Since options are more for 15" I am interested to switch to 15 inch rims. But I am worried whether the ride comfort will become worse. Could you please comment on ride comfort based on your experience in riding Ritz with 15" wheels.

Top Bottom