Help Me Turn My Maruti Zen Into Pocket Rocket

Thread Starter #16
Engine and gear box or just the engine is being changed ? Because mating esteem engine with zen gearbox should be done by expert.

I feel if you want more power, free flow exhaust, engine modification can give a bump in power, plus removal of excess weight.
Ram, haven't gone ahead with the project as of now as there is body work to be done which I am confused if I should do or not as once this body start rusting it's never ending restoration, also It shouldn't be I spend so much money where I could have got 1.3 petrol swift which is a great budget tuner now days

Right said, if you want a pocket rocket, I suppose you sell the zen, plus the restoration money plus some addon and get a old swift or cheap ford ikon 1.5 and tune the electronics to get more power rather that mating some engines with gearbox.

Ram, haven't gone ahead with the project as of now as there is body work to be done which I am confused if I should do or not as once this body start rusting it's never ending restoration
Now you are thinking in the right direction.
With a rotting chassis its better to let go off the project and look for a better alternative but then there are times where the car holds much more emotional value where logical explanation doesn’t hold

Thread Starter #19
Right said, if you want a pocket rocket, I suppose you sell the zen, plus the restoration money plus some addon and get a old swift or cheap ford ikon 1.5 and tune the electronics to get more power rather that mating some engines with gearbox.
Yes Ram just got a a proof quote for complete restoration from different workshops they quoting around 90k plus which includes stripping the whole car including the engine and subframe and all stuff, body denting , new part cost, painting and assembly of all things they told me must needed if I'm looking to keep the car by just doing little body patch work it won't help they said to which I also agreed ,1.3 engine cost and servicing is separate for that it might cost 30 to 40 k depending on parts required for the engine condition ,
I feel such amount is not suitable for project car where as if I get Swift the output of modification will be greater too

Now you are thinking in the right direction.
With a rotting chassis its better to let go off the project and look for a better alternative but then there are times where the car holds much more emotional value where logical explanation doesn’t hold
Yes vishak just got a quote from mechanics of restoration which is nearly around a lakh which I feel is not worth to spend on zen better to get a swift 1.3 and mod also swifts output will be greater then zen which basic mods
BTW love your zen is it restored of stock

The current state of my zens apron
Sorry for bad quality image the original photo was not getting unloaded due to high resolution

Attachments

Thread Starter #22
Mines is being slowly restored as we speak
I get most of the work done myself and have good friends who would take car of complex task including painting without a putting a huge hole in my pocket
That's really good also you have a advantage that your getting it restored when the work is less
That's not the case with my zen it's has lots means lots work

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom