Help me Select 150CC Bike!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Need your help on selecting a bike.
I am posting a question on behalf of my friend!
He is 6.1 Foot & he is looking for a tall rider.
We went to few showrooms yesterday, Test Driven few & shortlisted Few.

Here is the list.

Yamaha FZ S

Hero Honda CBZ Extreme

Suzuki G150R

Honda Unicorn (But really dont want to buy because of the worst customer satisfaction & longest waiting period of 2+ months)
So need your inputs in selecting a bike.

All the bikes have their own +es & -es.

Please do share your ownership experience & bikes around 65000 - 70000. We find all the three bikes to be same & Suzuki is topping charts for its performance & Mileage.
Quite confused[confused]

Arun

Suspended
Welcome to our world Z.
Now you know how terribly confusing selecting is.
I suggest take the Suzuki G150R.It's fresh and looks promising.Should fit within the price bracket quite comfortably.The Yamaha is definately ruled out considering the on-road price will come upto 75,000.

By the way will the bike be bought directly or under exchange of an old bike? The old bike might fetch your friend some extra cash.

I loved the Hero Honda Hunk. Ask him to get a Test Drive of the said bikes and choose which is comfortable. Tall people seem to be cramped on small bikes.

Waiting for your friend's decision.Ownership/Dealership reviews too.

Get your friend on the forum too.Will be a good extension to our family.

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

FZ is good bike but many people find the sitting position to be odd.So if you friends is ok with it you should go with the FZ (though i personally don't like it but its better than the other bikes you have short listed)

And + 1 to what ARUN said ask you friends to test ride a HUNK.Its a great bike i have ridden it,its just too good.

i would suggest the GS150R as he is really tall & the FZ would be very cramped for him.

but you said he took a TD & if he is okay with it, FZ is a good bet.

GS 150R is a good bike. Its vibration free. But its too noisy. Due to its noise, we'll think that the engine knocking is there. My friend has one, and we are fed up of this noise.

If you are thinking of Unicorn, just ask them how long it'll take. Because, my friend got it within 1 week as a fresh load was coming.

Thread Starter #6
Hey Guys!

Thanks a lot for your quick replies.

Welcome to our world Z.
Now you know how terribly confusing selecting is.
I suggest take the Suzuki G150R.It's fresh and looks promising.Should fit within the price bracket quite comfortably.The Yamaha is definately ruled out considering the on-road price will come upto 75,000.

By the way will the bike be bought directly or under exchange of an old bike? The old bike might fetch your friend some extra cash.

I loved the Hero Honda Hunk. Ask him to get a Test Drive of the said bikes and choose which is comfortable. Tall people seem to be cramped on small bikes.

Waiting for your friend's decision.Ownership/Dealership reviews too.

Get your friend on the forum too.Will be a good extension to our family.

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.
But he is really interested to buy CBZ Extreme as its suits him the most & he already owns a passion which he is going to exchange.

By getting CBZ he will add few more savings as his old bike is Passion.

FZ is good bike but many people find the sitting position to be odd.So if you friends is ok with it you should go with the FZ (though i personally don't like it but its better than the other bikes you have short listed)

And + 1 to what ARUN said ask you friends to test ride a HUNK.Its a great bike i have ridden it,its just too good.

FZ was not okay because it looks really small for him & he feels uncomfortable with FZ.

i would suggest the GS150R as he is really tall & the FZ would be very cramped for him.

but you said he took a TD & if he is okay with it, FZ is a good bet.
But i am suggesting him to get Suzuki G150R! It really looks cool, No over doing any where.

Its simple yet powerful! Wat do you guys say ? Any owners/ Friends of Suzuki G150R here ?

GS 150R is a good bike. Its vibration free. But its too noisy. Due to its noise, we'll think that the engine knocking is there. My friend has one, and we are fed up of this noise.

If you are thinking of Unicorn, just ask them how long it'll take. Because, my friend got it within 1 week as a fresh load was coming.
Unicorn is really a big No No BB :( We waited a lot almost 2.5 months for getting a Activa delivered & it was delivered few days before.

We really dont want to enter into argument with Honda Dealers here again!

But he is really interested to buy CBZ Extreme as its suits him the most & he already owns a passion which he is going to exchange.

By getting CBZ he will add few more savings as his old bike is Passion.

But i am suggesting him to get Suzuki G150R! It really looks cool, No over doing any where.

Its simple yet powerful! Wat do you guys say ? Any owners/ Friends of Suzuki G150R here ?
My friend has one GS. I already mentioned about its noise. TD the bike and if he is comfortable with the noise, go for it. Else, go for Extreme. As he already liked it.
My friend first had huge noise. So they replaced his engine's cylinder block and the noise is decreased. Still annoying to us.[frustration]

Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the info BB, But we didn't get any noisy feel during TD.

We actually were quite suprised of the super silent engine of G150R when compared to other bikes.

Can you please ask your friend about Mileage, Ride Quality & Service feedbacks ?

Thanks for the info BB, But we didn't get any noisy feel during TD.

We actually were quite suprised of the super silent engine of G150R when compared to other bikes.

Can you please ask your friend about Mileage, Ride Quality & Service feedbacks ?
Then its good.
The ride quality is good with good pillion seating and mileage is around 50 in city. The service is also good atleast here in Kannur, Kerala. In first service we have mentioned them about rusting in chain cover. To our surprise, they have repainted the cover.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for sharing the owner ship experience.

I will suggest G150R to my friend & we are waiting for offers from dealer :)

And please share how much does it cost & any offers you got !

Arun

Suspended
Majority of the people here are putting their money on the Suzuki.
So let us make things easier.
No one up for the FZ, so lets take it out of consideration.
Now,
It is between the Suzuki G-150R and the Hero Honda CBZ Extreme.
So ultimately it is between your choice and your friends choice.

Happy choosing!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Zinam i would suggest you go in for the CBZ extreme... You friend might get some loyalty bonus etc during his exchange. Apart from this CBZ extreme is in the market for a very long time.

@Zinam
Did your friend take the bike?
Regarding the engine noise of Suzuki GS 150. I have seen many people who complain about engine noise and knocking. Go to Suzuki GS 150 community in orkut. You can see it there. We have written a mail to Suzuki service head regarding this problem and waiting for the response.

Top Bottom