Help me Please, Budget 15 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
i am planning to buy a new car,
i am working abroad, usually i used to come to kerala 2 times a year.
now i want to buy a new car at home below 15lakh.
for an average of 8000-10000kms i used to run on these 2 months vacation.
my options are jetta, civic, laura.
i heard skoda's maintenance cost is very high,i dont want want to spend too much money for services and all. i need is a low maintenance car.
so guys please help me for this.

Congratz for your new purchase & you have a great budget!

For your requirements, petrol car is must! [Seems you use mostly in vacation]

Considering your requirements, Civic is the best choice.

It offers great ride quality, power & luxury with cheaper maintenance & greater Service.

Skoda Laura is nice car & powerful to drive. But ASS will make hole on your purses.

VW Jetta is good car overall, But still the dealerships networks & service centres are not that high.

If you are bored of the looks of Civic, Then Jetta will be the next choice. Else Civic is the best buy!

Lots of options available, but in your shortlist, the least maintenance will be for the Civic.
But I would suggest that you look around a bit more.
The Cedia is a good option.

Thats very true. Laura is heavy on pockets when it comes to maintainance, but a very nice car.
With that amount i would have surely gone in for a Honda Civic. So my suggestion would be to go for a Civic.

I beg to differ though, for a 10k run annually, a diesel would be more economical. Yes, break even point increases. But with petrol prices increasing everyday, it would be sensible to opt for a diesel. Sadly, neither Honda/Toyota have diesel options. That leaves us with Skoda, VW and Chevorlet. Of the 3, I would pick Chevy. Skoda is notorious for its A.S.S. VW is not cheap either, remember its a luxury brand. Jetta is no Audi, but still it will be expensive to maintain. I am suggesting Chevy due to absence of diesel form Toyota/Honda stable.

I beg to differ though, for a 10k run annually, a diesel would be more economical.
He mentioned its 1K, only twice a yera, so only 2-2.5K max per year. So Petrol is must.

Now my feeling is Honda's spare parts will not be much cheaper than skoda's or vw. Jetta and Laura have more road presence than Civic (my view). Though all these cars are excellent.

I dont think Diesel would be a great option for him since the car will be only for 2months in a year. Though his average running is 8000-10000km, even then I would suggest to go for petrol version since the car will be standing for remaining months.

No diesel cars needs to be run almost daily! Its not going to help if the car is going to stand still for 8-10 months! If the car is going to be run by somebody else in these 8 months then diesel is the best choice. But if its going to lay down in the garage then lok no further than a petrol car!

From that list i would also suggest the Civic. The recently face lifted model is looking great with those minor changes. As you said Skoda and VW are not easy to maintain and so its better to leave them alone as you don want to spend too much on maintenance.

BTW why not take a look at Corolla Altis also? Or even the Cruze if you plan to consider diesel??

If the car is stalled for 8 months, its gotta be petrol no matter what miles you clock in those two months of your drive. If I were you I would pick Corolla Altis over the Civic despite its bland looks.

No diesel cars needs to be run almost daily! Its not going to help if the car is going to stand still for 8-10 months! If the car is going to be run by somebody else in these 8 months then diesel is the best choice. But if its going to lay down in the garage then lok no further than a petrol car!
That was exactly my point. If the car is stalled for 8months(or even 6), then better go for Petrol model.

BTW why not take a look at Corolla Altis also? Or even the Cruze if you plan to consider diesel??
Even i would suggest you to TD the Corolla Altis. Its a nice car and Toyota is really at services.

Top Bottom