Help Me Out, Urgently!!

Thread Starter #1
hey guys. me back after a long time. so now without wasting much time, i'll pen down my queries here.
i have decided to make the following purchases:
1. bosch Symphony Fanfare Horn
2. bosch H4 100/90 head lamp bulbs
3. bosch 12v relay for the 100/90's

bosch bosch and bosch? actually getting a good discount of 30% on mrp from my cousin who works for bosch.[:)]
ok coming to my doubts.

1. i have already got a pair of after market horns with musical relay(cut-out). both are un branded(read local brand).but doing the job pretty well from the past 3 years. i would like to know whether it is possible to just remove those old horns and plug in the new bosch symphony without any changes?

2. are 100/90 bulbs with relay good to my alto? that is, will there be any burning of wires etc?

3. what is the difference between a relay and a wiring kit? is wiring kit necessary to install the 100/90's?

4. what is the procedure for installing the 100/90's? whether its just the work of plugging in the bulbs and connecting the relay or is it more complicated?

5. finally what is the market price for the above mentioned products?

please pour in your comments and suggestions as soon as possible as i have to place my order with my cousin before noon tomorrow.

sriharsha,A car modifier in chennai said that BOSCH company has been closed in foreign countries and not to buy their fakes.I never heard such a kind of news before.That modifier said that he came to know this,as his friend worked for BOSCH in some foreign country(I don't remember).
So,get some experts opinion and then place your order,as I am not good in electricals and electronics.

Thread Starter #3
no surender. i think you got some wrong info. my cousin works for bosch in coimbatore and there is a sale for the employees there tomorrow it seems. since the sale is being organised by the company itself, there can't be any fake products present there. and moreover the customers there will be the company's employees themself.

Bosh is not closed, a product(major one was stopped in usa)
My friend works there in coimbatore.

Ok comming to topic

Earlier horns must be roots and relay from same company. It is a good company.

Bosh horns are too good , but repairing it is difficult(if at all it happens , roots have every small spares )

As already a relay is fixed and working , the new horns are just plug in type for you.

Lights

100/90 though illegal is safest upgrade .
For 100/90 . you dont need a relay or wiring kit .

Installing them is for safe issues , though 99% not needed.(fix relay ONLY if you do numerous night trips more than 6 hr , or take cars for short trips only at night)

Relay without wiring kit is cut and join process.
Relay with wiring kit is plug and play type. Though wiring is not needed.

Taking the option with wiring kit do not affect the originality of the car's wiring.

Market prices
1 .100/90 - 300~350 a pair
2. Relay (roots/pmp company)- Rs180/-
3.Wiringkit+relay(pmp)- Rs650/-
4.Kit +relay (super company)-480/-

Note this , relay with wiring kit with normal holder is enough for toy upgrade.

For 130W and more use ceramic holder. Pmp comes with ceramic holder.

Last edited:
sriharsha,A car modifier in chennai said that BOSCH company has been closed in foreign countries and not to buy their fakes.I never heard such a kind of news before.That modifier said that he came to know this,as his friend worked for BOSCH in some foreign country(I don't remember).
So,get some experts opinion and then place your order,as I am not good in electricals and electronics.
This is a wrong infor for sure!

Thanks for the information guys.But,I thought he said for sure,but,now,I might have been mislead by his words.Still,will try to contact him personally and get the exact news in a few weeks time.

Thread Starter #8
UPDATE:
purchased the symphony horns. i got 2 pairs- one for myself and one for my friend's FZ. each pair costed me 440 bucks. i did not get the 100/90's because my car's HL assembly is not in good shape to be removed and fitted back as it had recently met with an accident and the HL is temporarily repaired. and also did not get the relay as the shop guy told me that bosch relay manufacturing had stopped.

installed the horns today morning and also cut my finger in the process :-)

UPDATE:
purchased the symphony horns. i got 2 pairs- one for myself and one for my friend's FZ. each pair costed me 440 bucks. i did not get the 100/90's because my car's HL assembly is not in good shape to be removed and fitted back as it had recently met with an accident and the HL is temporarily repaired. and also did not get the relay as the shop guy told me that bosch relay manufacturing had stopped.

installed the horns today morning and also cut my finger in the process :-)
Has BOSCH relay manufacturing stopped for sure?

Congrats Sriharsha for the purchase and i hope your injury is nothing serious.

Are the Symphony horns something like the Skoda horns?:stupid:

Yes completely agree. While washing we have to be very careful and while servicing we have to mention them to take care that the water doesn enter inside the horn. In my friend's Hunk water entered once and we had a hard time removing it , but the horn was back to normal after water removal.

Top Bottom