Help me..i20 Petrol or Figo Diesel (Bought Honda Jazz!)

Re: Help me..i20 Petrol or Figo Diesel

powerpacked! hats off to You! [clap]

I was looking for the same comparison.

Dear cooldhaya!

Why you are saying so ?
I am worried? 4 years ....after how many KM? I asked the Fiat guys same question and they said it is a rumor?
Its a well known truth that diesel engines are costlier to maintain. The oil itself is costlier for some diesel engines, and frequent change of belts, filters and more..

Have a look at this , except brake pads.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...7522-skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-rider-imag0636.jpg

Jeno[cheers]

@ Tintin_Marines The general service cost of a diesel car should fall in the range of Rs.4500-6000 depending on the car. And the service interval varies from 10k-15k KMS again depending on the car.

@ Basis Hey no worries buddy as Jeno said the cost of the engine oil for diesel itself is costlier compared to petrol. Say for example the normal servicing of a petrol car can come between Rs.2500-3000 and for diesel it falls between Rs.4500-6000. And i mentioned first four years because generally for the first four years it will be mostly only regular general servicing. After that maybe due to wear and tear lots of other parts needs to be changed too and at that time maintenance of diesel car will be costly! Petrol cars i think only the spark plugs needs to be changed over a period of time.

For Diesel engines
If mineral oil its cheap and service interval is around 5k kms
If semi synthetic oil its costlier service interval is around 10K kms
Synthetic oil is costliest and service interval is 15K kms

Timing belt interval is 80K kms.Break pads 40K kms or depends upon wear. For diesel engines filters needs to change at every service.
Cost may vary for different manufactures.
Petrol owners please throw some light on oil grade & change interval.

Hi! cooldhaya and powerpacked,

I am worried now. As you know I have taken a decision for Punto 1.3 but as you both are saying the maintenance cost will go up and up with time and running, where as for petrol cars very low maintenance cost !!

My uses will be low for first 5 years. First 5 years for : (max. 400-500KM per month)

City Drive

1. emergency purpous
2. shopping

Highway

1. weekend drive for max. 600 KM in every 2 months

After 5 years as my baby will grow-up the uses will go up.

So, should I take Diesel or petrol engine?

Only problem in Petrol cars I found is the fuel cost and lower mileage.

I diesel car I just LOVE PUNTO but if you advice for petrol car then what should I take?
I need a solid build car for the family of three.

@jeno_turbo,

VW : 3 pot , skoda fab : same issue + very high TCO

Punto : YES

But 1.2 or 1.3 ? AS I already mentioned.

IMO just keep it simple. I believe you are trying to look from lots of different angles.

1. If you run is low (which is true), pick up a petrol
2. Just walk around and see how are the dealers at and near your area, especially the Service centers, which will help you make up your mind.
3. A new car, if driven properly should not have a high maintenance. A few 1000 bucks extra every routine servicing (which would be almost an year for you), should not be a pain.
4. If deciding b.w 1.2 and 1.3 punto, well 1.3 any day. 1.2 is underpowered and what is the fun of buying a 5.5 lac+ car and compromising on atleast the basics.

Edit: IMHO, VW Polo is also a good deal. It will stay with you forever. And please dont mind me saying it, but if your run is low and you are not a driving crazy, 3-pot or 4-pot doesnt make much of a difference.

Last edited:

well if you were here in delhi just now i helped my friend to get punto second hand petrol top modal 2010 December just completed 600KM for 3L ^_^ . Just paid amount this morning he has gone his way and i am back to factory

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41

Gentlemen...
settling for a HOnda Jazz coudnt resist the temptation after the massive price cut[clap]!it was always a lovely car with pathetic pricin! the price cut did the trick..i dont care if its phased out or upgraded. its a damn good car and i have decided to go ahead! wat say all??[confused]

Jazz with its price cut now definitely makes a sensible buy. Also try to extract more from the dealer like free insurance , few accessories and extended warranty.

Jazz has an extremely refined engine good FE too , good AC , nice ride quality , good quality interiors and OEM music quality is great.

Gentlemen...
settling for a HOnda Jazz coudnt resist the temptation after the massive price cut[clap]!it was always a lovely car with pathetic pricin! the price cut did the trick..i dont care if its phased out or upgraded. its a damn good car and i have decided to go ahead! wat say all??[confused]
Excellent Decision. no more words ! [clap]

Jeno[cheers]

Gentlemen...
Very good decision. Go for it. Please keep posted on following,
  • Dealership experience,
  • Ownership impressions,
  • First long drive with the new car

Top Bottom