Help in Selecting Speakers and Amplifiers for Punto (Now Done: Pg.3)

Re: Need help for choosing Speakers and Amplifier for my Punto 90HP

Oh nice So what do u think about this set up?

1. Components for front [ JBL GTO-609C ]

2. JBL Co-axials / Components [Help me choose this] for rear

3. 4 channel JBL GT5-S644 800W 4 channel Amplifier

4. JBL CS 1215 1100W SUB WOOFER

Front compos and Sub will be powered by the 4 channel amplifier and the rear speakers will be powered by the Head Unit Amp

Your comments ??[:)]
Thats a pretty nice selection of components.
You can leave components in rear. At max if you desire get a nice set of coaxes.
JBL sub is a tad bit boomy but can very well be tuned down. Another option is RF Prime R1 sub. It is very good in SQ. Rest all is good.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #17

Thats a pretty nice selection of components.
You can leave components in rear. At max if you desire get a nice set of coaxes.
JBL sub is a tad bit boomy but can very well be tuned down. Another option is RF Prime R1 sub. It is very good in SQ. Rest all is good.

freakdude.
Okay il also look at RF prime R1 Sub. People say having components even at the rear would sound very great?. How far is this true? Or A pair of co-axials and compos in the front with a Sub would also sound good??

Okay il also look at RF prime R1 Sub. People say having components even at the rear would sound very great?. How far is this true? Or A pair of co-axials and compos in the front with a Sub would also sound good??
After having a sub in the boot I don't there is a need of components in the rear cos they would not be that audible. So, i guess a nice pair of coax would do just fine.

freakdude.

Re: How Much on ICE?

Planning to ICE my Fiat Punto 90HP. Is it a good idea to power the rear speakers only using the HU Amp and the remaining [ Front Components and Subwoofer ] using a 4 channel amplifier?

Can i retain the Punto 90HP Stock speakers at the rear? Will it sound good?
And then power up the Sub and the Front Components using a 4 channel amp?
Waiting for your replies
I have ICEd my Punto 90 HP, you can have a look at it here, just in case you havent till now.

First of all, i understand why you want to retain the stock HU as I was in the same dilemma. But let me assure you that the HU is very much incapable of producing decent sound.

Also, dont think of retaining the stock rear speakers. at high volumes, the new front speakers & sub would play well with the help of an amp, but the stock rear speakers will start jarring, thus reducing the music quality.

Instead, if you are on a limited budget, upgrade your front speakers, add a sub & a 4 ch amp to power these & DISCONNECT your rear stock speakers.

Also, since the head unit was so weak, for good sound quality, I was asked to install these to my HU -

Scosche High to low coverter : SLC-4 : 3000/-
Punto Harness Slot 1 : 200/-
Blaupunkt Harness Slot 2 & 3 : 350/-

Finally, make sure you use good quality wiring.

Thread Starter #20

I have ICEd my Punto 90 HP, you can have a look at it here, just in case you havent till now.

First of all, i understand why you want to retain the stock HU as I was in the same dilemma. But let me assure you that the HU is very much incapable of producing decent sound.

Also, dont think of retaining the stock rear speakers. at high volumes, the new front speakers & sub would play well with the help of an amp, but the stock rear speakers will start jarring, thus reducing the music quality.

Instead, if you are on a limited budget, upgrade your front speakers, add a sub & a 4 ch amp to power these & DISCONNECT your rear stock speakers.

Also, since the head unit was so weak, for good sound quality, I was asked to install these to my HU -

Scosche High to low coverter : SLC-4 : 3000/-
Punto Harness Slot 1 : 200/-
Blaupunkt Harness Slot 2 & 3 : 350/-

Finally, make sure you use good quality wiring.
Oh okay thanks for the reply raj :)
Am thinking of getting a pair of Co-Axials for the rear and power them using the HU amp and rest front components and Sub using a 4 channel amplifier..and as u said will also be opting for SLC high to low convertor..Is this fine?

Thread Starter #22

Yea, that would be fine. Use components for the front.
here in bangalore a car audio expert says SLC high to low converter fails miserably for punto and JBL/infinity speakers sounds like crap with factory fitted player of the punto.
Help me

here in bangalore a car audio expert says SLC high to low converter fails miserably for punto and JBL/infinity speakers sounds like crap with factory fitted player of the punto.
Help me
Then I am not sure he is an audio "expert". I am using it for almost 7 months without any issues.

Why would JBL speakers sound crap if installed properly with a good amp & the converter & proper harness? Maybe he does not have the above in stock.

Did you contact EVO? link is here.

Thread Starter #24

Then I am not sure he is an audio "expert". I am using it for almost 7 months without any issues.

Why would JBL speakers sound crap if installed properly with a good amp & the converter & proper harness? Maybe he does not have the above in stock.

Did you contact EVO? link is here.
Ohh what a coincidence. The expert i was referring to is none other than Sathya from EVO. Sathya mentioned that SLC high to low convertor fails miserably for the punto and that JBL/infinity wud sound crap for this system.
He suggested me to go for Rockford Fosgate Sub and Speakers[ comps + co-axials] along with Cerwin Vega HED series 4 ch amp.

What are your suggestions Raj ?

I can talk about Rockford Fosgate speakers if not everything. My bro has it installed in his Polo and they sound awesome and crystal clear. May be a touch behind JBL but not bad at all.

I can talk about Rockford Fosgate speakers if not everything. My bro has it installed in his Polo and they sound awesome and crystal clear. May be a touch behind JBL but not bad at all.
RF components might be a tad behind JBL but when it comes to SUB, RF beats JBL 1215 hands down. Have used both of them quite extensively and that's why I can say that.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #27

So whats the best audio set up combination that can be set up for a Fiat Punto 90HP. Anybody who have iced their Fiat Punto please Reply

Thread Starter #28

RF components might be a tad behind JBL but when it comes to SUB, RF beats JBL 1215 hands down. Have used both of them quite extensively and that's why I can say that.

freakdude.
Here in bangalore a audio guy [EVO] says that for Fiat Punto System JBL and infinity speakers would sound like crap and that SLC conveetor fails miserably for punto..
Need ur suggestions. Am totally confused now[frustration]

Here in bangalore a audio guy [EVO] says that for Fiat Punto System JBL and infinity speakers would sound like crap and that SLC conveetor fails miserably for punto..
Need ur suggestions. Am totally confused now[frustration]
Well, knowledge of Satya cant be doubted for sure. But in this particular case I'll beg to differ. The SLC works perfectly in Punto. I have personally seen 2 of them rocking. Just make sure the polarity is correct and power and RCAs are routed separately and you are good.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #30

Well, knowledge of Satya cant be doubted for sure. But in this particular case I'll beg to differ. The SLC works perfectly in Punto. I have personally seen 2 of them rocking. Just make sure the polarity is correct and power and RCAs are routed separately and you are good.

freakdude.
Okay so what do you recommend for the ideal set up of my punto. Im getting it done by saturday.

Top Bottom