Help in Selecting Speakers and Amplifiers for Punto (Now Done: Pg.3)

Thread Starter #1
Need Four speakers and an Amplifier for my Punto 90HP car . The head unit will remain the same as the factory fitted system is too good.

Is it a good idea to go with components speakers for both front and rear which means two pairs of these components?. I heard that having components on both front and back gives the best realistic sound.
Also i need a good 4 channel amp to drive these speakers. What are your recommendations for the components and the amplifier. My budget is 25,000 rs including everything. Is sub woofer required after having components on both front and back?
Waiting for your replies

Thread Starter #2
Re: How Much on ICE?

Arkin, you wont get good comps for 3k! if at all you need speakers in 3k, better go for good co-axials.

Another reason is, comps are no good without an amp. the HU wont have enough juice to drive a comp properly.
Planning to ICE my Fiat Punto 90HP. Is it a good idea to power the rear speakers only using the HU Amp and the remaining [ Front Components and Subwoofer ] using a 4 channel amplifier?

Can i retain the Punto 90HP Stock speakers at the rear? Will it sound good?
And then power up the Sub and the Front Components using a 4 channel amp?
Waiting for your replies

Re: Need help for choosing Speakers and Amplifier for my Punto 90HP

Mu 2 cents :
-components in front - jbl/infinity/morels - 6000
-coax in rear - infinity/jbl/pioneer - 2000-3000
-4ch. amp - kenwood/jbl - 6000 OR bull/gladin audio - 9000
-sub in sealed enclosure - RF/jbl/Bull - 6000
-wiring and misc. - 4000

Total - 24K - 28K

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5

Mu 2 cents :
-components in front - jbl/infinity/morels - 6000
-coax in rear - infinity/jbl/pioneer - 2000-3000
-4ch. amp - kenwood/jbl - 6000 OR bull/gladin audio - 9000
-sub in sealed enclosure - RF/jbl/Bull - 6000
-wiring and misc. - 4000

Total - 24K - 28K

freakdude.
Cool thanks for the reply. :)
Is Sub required? What i mean is i dont like the heavy sub sound to be heard outside. Is there a way to adjust the volume of the sub so that only required and less amount of sub sound is heard outside..?
4 channel amp to drive Components and Sub? And what about the rear co-axials. Is Amp required for them too?

IMO you can go for compos in both front and rear. SQ will improve. But I will suggest to go for this only if the car is used frequently by rear passengers. If you are the only one using it, save that money and put co-axs at the rear. It does give a very good combination with compos in front.

Components - JBL/Rockford/Infinity If going for cheaper option - Sony
Coaxs - JBL/Rockford
Amp - Kenwood, if want to go for cheaper option - Sony

I have not used Subs, so can not comment on these. But JBLs are good for all types [:)]

Thread Starter #7

IMO you can go for compos in both front and rear. SQ will improve. But I will suggest to go for this only if the car is used frequently by rear passengers. If you are the only one using it, save that money and put co-axs at the rear. It does give a very good combination with compos in front.

Components - JBL/Rockford/Infinity If going for cheaper option - Sony
Coaxs - JBL/Rockford
Amp - Kenwood, if want to go for cheaper option - Sony

I have not used Subs, so can not comment on these. But JBLs are good for all types [:)]
I would never go for Sony car components [frustration]. What are your views on JBL products. Im planning for a All JBL set up [:)]

All JBL set up is the best, if you ask me. I am not tuned in with the recent products, but in case you do decide put up the details here [:)]

Cool thanks for the reply. :)
Is Sub required? What i mean is i dont like the heavy sub sound to be heard outside. Is there a way to adjust the volume of the sub so that only required and less amount of sub sound is heard outside..?
4 channel amp to drive Components and Sub? And what about the rear co-axials. Is Amp required for them too?
Contrary to the belief that sub is all for boom-boom, a sub actually completes the human ear audible spectrum. Imagine a rainbow without one of it's color .

Just the same way any audible signal is complete if it has :
Higher freequency - We have tweeters for this
Medium freequency - We have midbass drivers for this
Lower freequency - Sub is for this.

Now, you can have lower freequency even from a 6x9 oval in the rear tray or a rear component set. But mind it that each of them cant reproduce lower freeq. just as a sub can do.

If you don't like your bass to be boomy/loud, go for a sealed box and tune the amp to lower gains so that sub gets less loud.

Do one thing, have the sub installed then when playing any song, from ghazal to hip-hop, just switch off the sub. you'll understand why I am advocating for the requirement of the sub.

Remember, for ICE, always believe your own ears. [thumbsup]

P.S. - Stay away from anything that says SONY for car ICE. [;)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #11

Wow cool reply. Got information now. OK for sure now il be going for a Sub. i also heard audio in my friend's car with a sub and i just loved it.

btw one more clarification, If i go for a Sub then the four channel Amp should be used for Front components and Sub right? And what about the rear Speakers?. Right now i have two factory fitted custom speakers in the rear door. Is it a good idea to retain them or shud i go in for a new set of speakers / components for the rear?

Repped you too :)

Wow cool reply. Got information now. OK for sure now il be going for a Sub. i also heard audio in my friend's car with a sub and i just loved it.

btw one more clarification, If i go for a Sub then the four channel Amp should be used for Front components and Sub right? And what about the rear Speakers?. Right now i have two factory fitted custom speakers in the rear door. Is it a good idea to retain them or shud i go in for a new set of speakers / components for the rear?

Repped you too :)
If for most of the time only front seats are occupied then you can settle for front components and factory speakers in rear. If you still feel the need of better sound in rear go for any descent coax in rear.

Powering would be like : front 2 channels to components (1 channel each to right and left) and bridging the other 2 channels to power the sub. Also, use descent quality wiring, it makes a lot of difference to the setup. Also, when getting installed keep an eye that the installer routes the RCAs and power cables on separate sides in the car to avoid interference and hissing sounds.

Happy ICEing. [cheers]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #13

If for most of the time only front seats are occupied then you can settle for front components and factory speakers in rear. If you still feel the need of better sound in rear go for any descent coax in rear.

Powering would be like : front 2 channels to components (1 channel each to right and left) and bridging the other 2 channels to power the sub. Also, use descent quality wiring, it makes a lot of difference to the setup. Also, when getting installed keep an eye that the installer routes the RCAs and power cables on separate sides in the car to avoid interference and hissing sounds.

Happy ICEing. [cheers]

freakdude.
Cool so the rear speakers do not need an amplifier??. Will that cause the rear speakers to sound ordinary??

Cool so the rear speakers do not need an amplifier??. Will that cause the rear speakers to sound ordinary??
Rears can be powered directly from the head unit. And yes factory speakers would sound ordinary. But if only front passengers are there then it would not matter at all.

even if rear passengers are there, then a good component set in front can create enough soundstage for rears also since it is a hatchback.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #15

Rears can be powered directly from the head unit. And yes factory speakers would sound ordinary. But if only front passengers are there then it would not matter at all.

even if rear passengers are there, then a good component set in front can create enough soundstage for rears also since it is a hatchback.

freakdude.
Oh nice So what do u think about this set up?

1. Components for front [ JBL GTO-609C ]

2. JBL Co-axials / Components [Help me choose this] for rear

3. 4 channel JBL GT5-S644 800W 4 channel Amplifier

4. JBL CS 1215 1100W SUB WOOFER

Front compos and Sub will be powered by the 4 channel amplifier and the rear speakers will be powered by the Head Unit Amp

Your comments ??[:)]

Top Bottom