Help in Selecting Set of New Tyres for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #19
Hi TAI members,
What is the difference in various sizes like 165/70 or 155/60 etc. I could not understand how does it matter,although the size is 12" in all the tyres. I am planning to buy new tyres this weekend. +wheel alignment +Axle change (as it makes noise while turning to right). I went to a shop and they told me that ceat is best and it will cost me around 2200. Any other suggestions in the same price range?

Sincerely,
Deepak

Hi TAI members,
What is the difference in various sizes like 165/70 or 155/60 etc. I could not understand how does it matter,although the size is 12" in all the tyres. I am planning to buy new tyres this weekend. +wheel alignment +Axle change (as it makes noise while turning to right). I went to a shop and they told me that ceat is best and it will cost me around 2200. Any other suggestions in the same price range?

Sincerely,
Deepak
i dont know about tyre size upgrade.
But dont go for CEAT.go for yokohama - drive in rough roads
michelin- drive only in city road no rough roads

Thread Starter #21
@rajvel : but yokohama is too much expensive.
@350Z : I am planning to go for a service at MSSD Naraina. Is it possible to change/get new tyres from there and also planning to change some accessories like Axle, floor mat, board for speakers at the rear. What is the service charge or total estimate. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi TAI members,

Sincerely,
Deepak
165 refers to the width of the tire and 70 refers to the height of the tire. It is not the axle which is making the noise. It is the drive shaft which will cost you 2.5k.
So is it 165\70 for 2.2 k ? Please upload the pic's and details once you get them fixed. [:)]

Changing the tyres on my Maruti 800

When i bought a second hand M800 from a dealer a few months ago.. the mechanicals were alright but the tyres were worn out pretty much so i decided to have them replaced because driving over long distances with bad tyres means ending up on the roadside [roll].. Here are a couple of pics i took before replacing them

Attachments

Finally went and got the tyres in my maruti 800 changed at a ceat dealer in koramangala.. He suggested ceat tyres were more smoother and comfortable to ride so i decided to go with it.. and from my earlier pics if you have noticed how dull the rims were, i decided to paint them myself using some "metallic silver" spray paint and some masking tape :) i have attached the pics .. Varun i got the courage to do this after reading your DIY section. Thanks a lot you have really shown how to take care of a car you love..

Attachments

Thread Starter #28
@ Vishnuyadav : Hi, Why did you use metallic tape? Any special need for it.. And how much this paint and tyres cost you ? I am also planning to buy new tyres and rim because they looked dull.. But now I decided to paint them.. Thank to you.. [:)]

@ Vishnuyadav : Hi, Why did you use metallic tape? Any special need for it.. And how much this paint and tyres cost you ? I am also planning to buy new tyres and rim because they looked dull.. But now I decided to paint them.. Thank to you.. [:)]
@ Deepak - Its masking tape, i just used it to cover the edges of the rim while spraying so that the paint wont get on the rubber. Masking tape costs 10 rs/- for a roll of 20 mtrs. and spray paint is 200 from a local paint shop.. have fun painting

really impressive work done with the paint man
how much did you bought the paint for
@threeace777 - Thanks a lot [clap]. The paint cost me 200 rs. from a local paint shop

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
@350Z : I am planning to go for a service at MSSD Naraina. Is it possible to change/get new tyres from there and also planning to change some accessories like Axle, floor mat, board for speakers at the rear. What is the service charge or total estimate. Any info will be appreciated.
Just noticed this post. The drive shaft is causing that noise. I replaced it for Rs.2,000 a few days back through a local mechanic. Please feel free to post more queries in the following thread since we’re moving off topic here (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...54-maruti-800-technical-issues-solutions.html). Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom