Help in Deciding a Hatch in Rs.6 - 8 Lakh Range (Booked Punto 2012 Emotion)

Re: Please Help in Deciding a Hatch in Rs.6 - 8 Lakh Range

Hey hemanth! Fiat has started offering free insurance for punto. Y don't u check with your sales advisor?

Congratulations!! This color is selling like hot cakes. Same pinch there [;)]

Well regarding Polishing I would say avoid it. You can go for a 3M paint sealant later on. Or better get the polishing after some use. I am not sure how professional or what kind of tools would they use while polishing the new car.

Hemant, the polishing thing is just a way of them to make money out of you and nothing else. As suggested bt Thetraveller, go for waxing + polishing after some usage of the car. It helps in keeping the car like new and protects the paint also.

freakdude.

lxi.

Suspended

But if they are doing it for free, its ok. But, if they charge for it, then its no need of polishing on a brand new car.

Waiting for the pics of your Tuscan white punto- crafted for a true fan!

Congrates hemantp !!!!!

Same Pinch again for Tuscan Wine [:)]
Do not polish even if they are giving it free, as the quality of polish you can't trust.
When are you getting the Delivery???

Thread Starter #36

Thanks for the suggestion, I was also concerned about the need and quality of the polish.

The car will reach Bangalore on Friday (or max Saturday), I have requested to arrange for PDI in the stockyard.

I have few more questions:

1) So far I have just paid the booking amount, when I asked for PDI, the dealer said I will have to do full payment before they bring car to showroom for PDI, when I said I can go to yard, he said then I can make payment after the same.

So I will go for PDI on Saturday (mostly) and then make payment if no issues.

I guess that's the correct thing to do, right?

2) Is it ok if I make full payment after PDI? I guess I need to make full payment before going for registration any way.

3) I was thinking of adding reverse parking sensors but was concerned if the wiring etc would add issues. Still think the best time to get this done is when buying, what do you all think? Also, this seems like a very necessary feature.

Hemant

PS: Mods, could you please add "Booked Punto 2012 TW Emotion" in title?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

Hello,

Going for PDI today. Thanks to TAI, I will be *armed* (carrying checklist) and also the experience/guidelines mentioned by various members in my mind.

I hope I don't the dealer cooperates as it might take an hour, also hope no issues are found in the vehicle as I want to close this by today.

Hemant

Do post your PDI experience. And yes you can do a PDI without completing the full payment!

Thread Starter #39
The PDI failed :(

Here are details:
When I went to stockyard, the car allotted to me was parked near the entrance (cleaned & washed). The SA was also with me. He went to the car and opened the door but I said I will first see from outside. During inspection, I found following:

1) Bonnet alignment - on right side it was OK but there was bigger and uneven gap on the left side. The SA told me this will be fixed.

2) Beading at the joint of front glass and bonnet had come out at the left corner - right above it was the "PDI OK" mark!
Again, the SA told me it will be fixed.

3) The front left door was not closing properly unless force applied. The SA told me since this is a new car, it will be so. I told him other doors do not have this problem and pointed to a worn out beading at the rear door on the same side. He said OK to fix it.

4) Above the left rear wheel there was a small scratch - about 1mm X 1mm - as if that part was brushed.

So far, I was not ready to reject the vehicle just because of the above (please let me know if I should have). but...

5)
When I went again around the car, I noticed that on the edge (near the flap) of the rear right side door, there was a 3-4 inch area where it seemed like somebody had applied 3 inch X 1.5 mm (vertically on the edge) paint. Note that it was not clearly noticeable but just by chance I happened to see it. To make things worse, I saw that at 3 places in that region, there were very small dents (about 0.5 mm X 0.5 mm). Once I noticed them, they were clearly visible for me even from 3 feet. This time the SA told me this is minor but agreed that it can't be fixed.

He still insisted to go ahead with PDI but I told him this was a deal breaker for me and asked if there were any other non allotted cars- he said "no" and also said that the new car would come only about 7 days later. I said I will wait and we went back.

Now, out of nowhere I got a call yesterday (just 2 days after PDI) that a new car has arrived and I am going for PDI again today. (Somewhere, in the back of my mind I think this car was already there just that SA didn't want to show it to me).

Can you all tell me what I did for (5) was correct (sorry, I didn't take photographs) or I should have rejected the car even based on earlier (1-4) observations too?

Thanks.

You did the right thing buddy. The defects mentioned by you are not acceptable in a new car, so i dont think you did any thing wrong by rejecting the suspicious car.

And regarding the car arriving suddenly out of nowhere, i am sure the SA must be having the car in stock but must have thought that his reply of unavailability may change your opinion and you might surrender yourself to the situation and take the defective car instead.

Hi Hemant, You did the right thing by rejecting the car. I have a fishy suspicion about car being used as Test Drive car and now they have worked on it and trying to sell it.
Please be careful when you do the PDI. Or else cancel the booking and go to other dealer.

Hi Hemant,

Need your advice on Price discount and offer you have received from Punto.

Currently I have done test drive for Punto Active. they are offering 14(Insurance) + 7000(Corporate).

So should I wait in month of Feb to book or now only?.. I am still learning to drive the car and so I can wait.

Nothing wrong. I think you did the right thing. It is good to reject something which you dont like. Do a thorough PDI with this one too. Look for small/big things one by one.

Waiting for the update.

Hi Hemant,

Need your advice on Price discount and offer you have received from Punto. Please reply ASAP planning to book today and Sales guys pushing me to book today.

Currently I have done test drive for Punto Active. they are offering 14(Insurance) + 7000(Corporate).

So should I wait in month of Feb to book or now only?.. I am still learning to drive the car and so can I wait?.

Thread Starter #45
I think since they started the discounts only from Jan 23rd, they would continue for Feb at least.

Regarding the discount, note that RSA (50 wks) should also be free - so 3500 additional discount.

Top Bottom