Help in Choosing a Spacious Hatchback

Thread Starter #76
Congrats buddy

Which version 75HP or 90HP?
It is 75HP. Already stretched my budget. can't spend another 30k. I am sedate driver, so 75HP is fine for me.
I got it for 6.9L OTR. Sunfilm, reverse parking sensors, mudflaps, mats are freebies offered.

Many congrats HunterChase! So it is raining Punto on the forum! Great great decision. I am yearning to own one soon too
I made the decision with heart.
Most stylish, built like a tank, trusted multijet engine, superior ride quality, decent mileage. what more is required ?
Only let down is plastic quality. But i didn't find it a deal breaker.

If you have not decided yet, I would suggest go for Jazz If you are willing to wait. Else Figo for VFM.
Jazz is for sure a great car. But i can't wait for eternity to get it. Honda should increase the production if they want to increase sales.
I cancelled Figo due to the reasons i mentioned in the thread. So it is a big no now.

I made the decision with heart.
Most stylish, built like a tank, trusted multijet engine, superior ride quality, decent mileage. what more is required ?
Only let down is plastic quality. But i didn't find it a deal breaker.
Totally true. Plastic is not of a good quality but is not a deal breaker. You can live with it. Most important thing in a car should be ride, control and road manners. And this car scores over any one else in Diesel. Jazz might be a good option on Petrol but then who is looking towards Petrol [:)]

So great decision[clap]

350Z

Core Team
Here is yet another Would-be Punto owner. My Bosa Nova white MJD emotion pack Punto will join me probably this month end.
Fiat sure is going to notice a boost in sales this month. Hearty congratulations to another Fiat Punter in TAI. We shall be waiting for more updates and the pictures! [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey,
I too own a hatchback & do a lot of travelling and so I never have space to take everything along with me… But this Sail U-VA with its massive storage space has got me thinking about it…!

Went through their website. It says "Smartly designed ‘Flex Flat’, 60:40 Folding RR seats and the Centralized Position Fuel Tank design means that the SAIL U-VA offers an amazing boot space as big as 1134 L. Add to it the storage spaces optimized for in-city and long drives, give you the space to take along the things you love."

Source: New Chevrolet SAIL U-VA India, Chevrolet SAIL UVA, Chevrolet Launch SAIL U-VA - Chevrolet India

Hey,
I too own a hatchback & do a lot of travelling and so I never have space to take everything along with me… But this Sail U-VA with its massive storage space has got me thinking about it…!

Went through their website. It says "Smartly designed ‘Flex Flat’, 60:40 Folding RR seats and the Centralized Position Fuel Tank design means that the SAIL U-VA offers an amazing boot space as big as 1134 L. Add to it the storage spaces optimized for in-city and long drives, give you the space to take along the things you love."

Source: New Chevrolet SAIL U-VA India, Chevrolet SAIL UVA, Chevrolet Launch SAIL U-VA - Chevrolet India
Hi Bijon, with the back seat down.. most of the hatches would provide more or less the same boot space (~1134l) that you have mentioned. Just check your Spark, it would be near about the same (a little lesser perhaps given the size of the car).
Don't go with marketing gimmick on the company website, I bet Figo and Jazz with the rear seat down would have a bigger boot space than that mentioned for Sail. And technically it can't be called boot space.

i am thinking of buying polo comfortline any suggestions please
Pros:
  • Excellent build quality and interiors
  • Dependable German engineering
  • Good handling
  • Neutral design - some like it, however some may find it so so.

Cons:
  • Feature wise you get nothing that you expect given the price you pay. No remote locking and you cannot fit one as it will void warranty
  • Accessories are charged premium. BT adapter is charged about 8K in the comfort line.
  • ASS is unknown quantity. Some cities it is good, but in most cities it is bad. Also in most cases, the same dealership also has BMW, Mercedes and hence that attitude carries through when they sell you the Polo. I have heard their SA say that Polo is not a luxury segment vehicle and hence I should not expect some features. However when I am spending over 7.5L on a hatch, it is a luxury car to me. Hence mentality will not match with some buyers.
  • General maintenance costs are a tad high
  • Low GC, hence will definitely scrape the bottom on some instances
  • Diesel is a 3 cyl engine. There is good amount of noise and not exactly the industry bench mark. But does the job.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi Chayan, my replies in bold.

Pros:
  • Excellent build quality and interiors- Agree
  • Dependable German engineering- Agree
  • Good handling-Agree and excellent ride too
  • Neutral design - some like it, however some may find it so so- the one who finds it so so, which is the hatch he likes?

Cons:
  • Feature wise you get nothing that you expect given the price you pay. No remote locking and you cannot fit one as it will void warranty- The new comfortline comes with remote locking. Also comes with remote rolling up and down of windows, tell me which other hatch has it?
  • Accessories are charged premium. BT adapter is charged about 8K in the comfort line.- Which adapter? I hardly think you can fit BT adapter to the existing comfortline units. Any sources to help me fit it too.
  • ASS is unknown quantity. Some cities it is good, but in most cities it is bad. Also in most cases, the same dealership also has BMW, Mercedes and hence that attitude carries through when they sell you the Polo. I have heard their SA say that Polo is not a luxury segment vehicle and hence I should not expect some features. However when I am spending over 7.5L on a hatch, it is a luxury car to me. Hence mentality will not match with some buyers- Agreed. My experiences have been great so far.
  • General maintenance costs are a tad high- High for diesel and not for petrol..
  • Low GC, hence will definitely scrape the bottom on some instances- Only on unscientific speed brakers and highly uneven surfaces. GC is at par with competitors, may be only behind punto.
  • Diesel is a 3 cyl engine. There is good amount of noise and not exactly the industry bench mark. But does the job.- Does the job very well you see.

Hopefully this helps.
Mr. Diablo has not mentioned whether he wants petrol or diesel, and left us discussing.

@Rightnow: Yes, you are right. I had visited the VW dealer last September and not sure why the SA had told me so.

Design and build wise I too liked the Polo, but the dealership experience was very bad and hence we had decided not to follow up.

@Rightnow: Yes, you are right. I had visited the VW dealer last September and not sure why the SA had told me so.
Design and build wise I too liked the Polo, but the dealership experience was very bad and hence we had decided not to follow up.
SA told you what? The remote lock thing? If so then he was right. I said "new" polo comfortline comes with remote locking feature earlier it wasn't there.
What happened at VW dealership buddy, care to share?

Top Bottom