Help! Ford Ecosport Booked at Mohali Dealer: Unsure of Delivery Dates

Thread Starter #1
I have booked a Mars Red Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium with Mohali (Punjab) Dealer - Saluja Ford on 17th October, when they ensured me that they have the specified vehicle in transit, which will reach in a day and they will deliver before Diwali.

Next day when I called to get VIN number, the SA there tells me that its a Mars Red Petrol instead of Diesel. She says that they don't get to know about variant until the vehicle reaches them, and now says that since they dont have the said vehicle in stock, she will be able to deliver around 10th November.

I asked her to go ahead and get a new shipment for me, which she bills on 21st October (according to her). Now I have been in constant touch with them every second day, but they only say, "Sorry Saar, Car hasnt been billed by the company yet." and that she can't deliver before 15th November stating no Mars Red Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium has been manufactured since 21st October, 2016 till today.

Is this really true? The color (Mars Red) of vehicle which is used by Ford to advertise the vehicle itself from Day One has not been manufactured in past 10-15 days.

Kindly help/guide me with the process.

P.S.- I had mailed to Ford Customer stating the above facts 4-5 days before, got a call yesterday stating that, "They shouldn't have pomised delivery before diwali. Also that it takes 45-60 days for the dealer to get the car". Considering this, i dont think I'll get delivery this year.
P.P.S.- Since I had planned to take loan from my Hometown, i had initiated the process before diwali, and my loan is already sanctioned.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: [Help] Car Booked, but Dealer not able to confirm Delivery Date

it's simple. wait for this dealer to get your car and for the time being ask another showroom if they have the car available. if they have cancel your booking from the first and book the vehicle from the second. you can't do anything but wait if car's not available or select another color.

btw what discounts are you getting with the car ?

kkn13

Suspended
Re: [Help] Car Booked, but Dealer not able to confirm Delivery Date

Im not sure but I remember reading a rumour about Mars Red being discontinued or out of stock or something along those lines in another automotive forum
I think best to wait and see
worst case, youll always get a white or black car if it takes too long

Just one suggestion:
Tweet to Ford India and if nothing works then change the dealer, if that also doesn't work then post here.

Thread Starter #5
@allhyundaicars: there is no other dealer in Mohali, but Chandigarh - Bhagat Ford and they havent been very cooperative/negotiative on phone, i am out of town currently.

Discount of 25000 + 1 year extended warranty. This was deal made for Diwali, but since i dont think I'll get my car before november end, shall i push for more year end discounts?

@kkn13: I think that is only a rumor. Mars red is one of the handsome colors. They won't discontinue it.

@TSIVipul: I am waiting for response from Ford Customer today. If there is no response, then i will tweet.

Thread Starter #7
@allhyundaicars: 35000 cash discount + extended warranty? Right?
As current deal of 25000+11500 (EW) = 36500 already excludes 35000.

This problem exists. A known had to pick up a Mars Red (Orange) Ecosport 1.5 Petrol Automatic and he got the same answer that this color is not in production and he might have to wait. The dealer kept giving blank answers till he mailed a senior authority in Ford to which he got the car in the next 15 days. So this problem exists. Do write to the senior authority at Ford.

Most of Car dealers always do these kind of things. In july 2016, I bought a Verna after paying full money for basic variant dealer told me that delivery will be delayed. I called up Hyundai and found out that basic variant is not in production at all at that time. Since I had written document mentioning delivery date, Dealer was in pickle. I told dealer if I don't get a car, I'll take up necessary action. Then he later offered to reduce 1.2L on S variant and give some freebies too.

In your current situation since you don't have a written delivery date, you have following options :

1. Change color/variant and negotiate to reduce on-road price of vehicle. Also get freebies.

2. Check with other dealers even if they are far.

3. Try to move on to different car company.

All manufacturing companies always start production if there is a MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) otherwise they won't. This is done to reduce overall production costs and increase their profit %.

Pay full money only if they show you a car and provide a VIN. Don't forget to do PDI.

Hope it helps.....[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
This problem exists. A known had to pick up a Mars Red (Orange) Ecosport 1.5 Petrol Automatic and he got the same answer that this color is not in production and he might have to wait. The dealer kept giving blank answers till he mailed a senior authority in Ford to which he got the car in the next 15 days. So this problem exists. Do write to the senior authority at Ford.
Thanks for the response. Where do I get the e-mail ids of senior officials at Ford? Kindly guide.

Thanks for the response. Where do I get the e-mail ids of senior officials at Ford? Kindly guide.
Hello xkcd0137

Go through this page.

Profiles of Key Personnel | Ford India

I think you should look for e-mail ID of dealership manager first, or try having a one-on-one conversation with him. If it doesn't help, try mailing regional manager and Anurag Mehrotra as well. Google it, you'll find some e-mail IDs but I don't think they would be authentic.

Also check with other dealers near your city, driving down 50-100 km for a timely delivery shouldn't be a problem I guess. Visit the Mohali dealer personally and get their final quote. Negotiation on phone is meaningless. Otherwise push your current dealer to compensate and provide more discounts (year end). Keep your cool but stay firm about your demands.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I used to contact them on below email:
fordindia@crm.fordind.com

This email belongs to Ford India Ltd, Gurgaon.

In my experience, Ford is very good in responding to Customers complaints and also will try to solve the problem at the earliest.

So write to them in details and hope you get positive response from them.

I am not sure where he got it from (he is a senior person at a MNC) but as someone suggested try emailing the people whoever's address is available .

Thread Starter #15
Hello xkcd0137

Go through this page.

Profiles of Key Personnel | Ford India

I think you should look for e-mail ID of dealership manager first, or try having a one-on-one conversation with him. If it doesn't help, try mailing regional manager and Anurag Mehrotra as well. Google it, you'll find some e-mail IDs but I don't think they would be authentic.

Also check with other dealers near your city, driving down 50-100 km for a timely delivery shouldn't be a problem I guess. Visit the Mohali dealer personally and get their final quote. Negotiation on phone is meaningless. Otherwise push your current dealer to compensate and provide more discounts (year end). Keep your cool but stay firm about your demands.

Regards,
Alpha
@Alpha Thanks for the reply. I shot a mail to Mr. Anurag Mehrotra, and instantly got a response. Hopefully, matter shall get resolved or expedite now.
Since, I am out of station, I can only talk via phone. But yes, I am constantly in touch with them.

Top Bottom