Help! Ford Ecosport Booked at Mohali Dealer: Unsure of Delivery Dates

Thread Starter #16
UPDATE -
Today received a call and mail as well, from Team Leader - Sales, Customer Relations, Ford India, stating that the car has been billed and I should expect the delivery between 20 to 25 of November.
But still no clarity on when will the car be dispatched, he said within a day or 2, dealer says it may take 4-5 days.

Hello xkcd0137

Glad to know that your issue was attended to and some progress is made by Ford India in handling it. 25th November still means around 15 day delay from the promised date and that is not what one expects when spending a million rupees.

As a goodwill gesture, Ford should give you at least some sort of freebies, discount on accessories or services as a compensation for the inconvenience caused by them. I hope Ford India is reading this. [:)]

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Re: [Help] Car Booked, But Dealer Unable To Confirm Delivery Date

Hello xkcd0137

Glad to know that your issue was attended to and some progress is made by Ford India in handling it.

As a goodwill gesture, Ford should give you at least some sort of freebies, discount on accessories or services as a compensation for the inconvenience caused by them. [:)]

Regards,
Alpha
Thank you Alpha for the reply. Promised date was 25th October i.e. before Diwali. It is almost a month's delay. And in today's mail, nothing of sorts has been mentioned regarding any freebies.

But, I intend to negotiate with the dealer himself, considering the delay, inconvenience caused to me and nearing year-end.

I suffered from a major monetary loss yesterday, as i had to cancel the flight tickets I had booked for my hometown as per the earlier expected delivery date of around 8th November. But, since finally the car has been billed, so i think all is well, that ends well.

Very very anxious to get my hands on the steering of my first Car.

Re: [Help] Car Booked, But Dealer Unable To Confirm Delivery Date

Thank you Alpha for the reply. Promised date was 25th October i.e. before Diwali. It is almost a month's delay. And in today's mail, nothing of sorts has been mentioned regarding any freebies.

But, I intend to negotiate with the dealer himself, considering the delay, inconvenience caused to me and nearing year-end.

I suffered from a major monetary loss yesterday, as i had to cancel the flight tickets I had booked for my hometown as per the earlier expected delivery date of around 8th November. But, since finally the car has been billed, so i think all is well, that ends well.

Very very anxious to get my hands on the steering of my first Car.
I had my car 5 days from the day Ford said they billed it. So, you can expect your car around 15th Nov.

good to hear that your issue is resolved.
Ask them for VIN AND Engine Number. once your car is booked and shipped from plant, they will get VIN and Engine Number Details
and don't forget to grab discount, they may not give cash discount,
so try to get free accessories, underbody coating, some other addons.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
@F4frewin : i am getting the car from Mohali, Punjab. Dealer says it takes 12-15 in transit time itself.

@blackpearlvkd: Shall i ask the concerned person at Chennai for VIN or ask the dealer. The car has been billed.

I am planning to negotiate for the spare wheel cover, and Car cover. Underbody coating I'll get done myself at 3M workshop. Anything more i should ask for?

Shall i ask the concerned person at Chennai for VIN or ask the dealer. The car has been billed.
Hello xkcd0137

I guess the dealer would have got the VIN if the car is in transit.

I am planning to negotiate for the spare wheel cover, and Car cover. Underbody coating I'll get done myself at 3M workshop. Anything more i should ask for?
Perfume, floor mats, dashboard idol, gear lock, free extended warranty or accessories like door visor are some other things you can keep in mind if the dealer denies for car cover and spare wheel cover.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
@blackpearlvkd: Shall i ask the concerned person at Chennai for VIN or ask the dealer. The car has been billed.

A: first priority should be Dealer, because at the end, its the dealer you'll be dealing with.
If dealer is not responding, you can go for concerned person at chennai.

they must provide car cover for free.
B:In my case they couldn't deliver desire color, in replacement I asked for Side Step Sill Plates (6000.INR) and underbody Coating (3800INR). total 9800INR.

you can check accessories list for Ford Ecosport.
my suggestions are.
i. Side Running Board
ii. Reverse Parking Sensor (If not available in your selected model)
iii. Front Fog Lamp Kit
iv. chrome Kit
they won't fit all, but try to grab atleast two expensive accessories costing around 10,000.

Hello xkcd0137

I guess the dealer would have got the VIN if the car is in transit.

Regards,
Alpha
At the time of booking, dealer will not get VIN & Engine number,
but when booked vehicle is released from Plant, they will send details of each vehicle to dealer,
it is like, for this booking number, we have allotted this VIN & Engine Number.

when the delivery truck arrives at showroom, dealer will first verify VIN & Engine Number, then only they will accept the vehicle.

Thread Starter #24
UPDATE: I have got the VIN no. and decoded it as well. The Car is 26.10.2016 manufactured. Dealer says that car was dispatched on 7th November, and is expected to reach him on 17th November, but may be delayed due to current demonetization and problems driver may experience in refueling.

@blackpearlvkd: Only Spare Wheel Cover (Rs. 12000), Scuff Plates (Rs. 1571) and Car Cover (Rs. 1789) are what interest me. Rest either I am getting in Titanium or don't like.

Excellent.
Don't forget to verify VIN while taking delivery, try for a PDI before delivery.

Spare wheel cover is a excellent hit. force them for this, tell them its just one item. I have done so much adjument.

Thread Starter #26
UPDATE:
Got the Car delivered on 22nd November, 2016. Sorry for not updating this any sooner. Couldn't get any better deal as the dealer sensed that I was in a hurry to get the car, he didn't budge. Delivery experience was Okay. Drove around 300 kms in city and 1200 km on highway after delivery. Trying to keep the rpm below 2000-2500 as much as possible, but temptation often gets to me.

I am very happy with the car. Mars Red shade with Signature Light guide make it look Mean and Handsome during Dawn and Dusk. Brief summary -
Pros-
SOLID Build quality
Great Steering
Good Engine response
Comfortable seats
Great ride quality at front (Doesn't feel a thing no matter how bad a road except for a little sound)
Fantastic tech goodies
MID shows mileage of 18kmpl

Cons-
Right arm has no place to rest, hence it aches
Suffered from pain in Knee cap during my highway trip, need to check for better sitting posture
Rear ride quality is not as comfortable as front, but good nonetheless

Neutral-
Got MRFs. Ride quality seems okay, but yeah noise is there. Didn't know how good are GoodYears compared to MRFs so didn't go ahead with exchange.

Thinking of naming it APOLLO - the Greek god of music, truth, healing, the sun and light, plague and poetry.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
3200km Update:

Highway (2700km) -
Very satisfied by Apollo's behavior on Highway. Almost flat ride with predictable dynamics. Its steering is light at slow speeds and weighs up at high speeds. Getting used to the seating posture, seems okay.
Only weak points are its 2nd and 4th gear or should I say its 1st, 3rd and 5th gear are more than capable.

City (500km)-
Car is potent but my grouse is with the city i.e. Pune itself. People just dont know how to drive. On the 1st day in the city, some fool nicked my left front door, and I am left with a dent. Planning to get the PDR done by Mr. Sudhir Gaikwad.

Service -
Goy my 1st service done at Planet Ford, Bibwewadi. Only inspection was done. SA Mr. Swapnil was very polite and got job done within 45 mins as I was in hurry and had to get to office. I didn't ask for Wash, instead got it done at 3M Lullanagar. Okayish work by them.

No photos of Apollo as I am not a Camera person at all.

Top Bottom