Votes: 33 86.8%
  • No, Never.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Sometimes, Occasionally.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Ashamed of using helmet (On an entry-level moped). Suggestions please?

Helmets aren't really strained upon in the city, and I would like to use one.
Shridhar, Do you have Tere Naam like hair style which need to flaunt?[lol]

Even if you have, its better to keep it safe and in place with a helmet. Good you know the importance. No matter, if the usage is stressed upon or not, its for own safety dear.

Can anyone please suggest what can I do other than ignoring others and wear a helmet (which I will do anyways if this thread has 0 replies).
My dear boy, you already have answered your question. There is no replacement/ alternative to safety. Helmet helps to keep heads on shoulders.

Mods please merge if similar thread exists, tried searching in vain.
Apparently there was no real need to ask a question for an obvious reply dear. Whether its a Luna or Moped or a Hybusa, or a Splendor Plus; Helmets are necessary.

Regards

Akash

I use a Vega helmet with only a glass in the front at night i take the glass to the open position and during days i keep the front visor closed that ways visibility doesn't have a problem. also the skull/ brain is saved, whatever if left of it:biggrin:. Having said that i normally don't wear it if its 2-3 kilometer's drive to near by shops. but for long drives or to nearby places exceeding 10-15 kms a jacket and helmet is something i always carry.

Last edited:

Can anyone please suggest what can I do other than ignoring others and wear a helmet (which I will do anyways if this thread has 0 replies)
1) Stop riding
2) Stop riding your current ride (since ashamed of using it with helmet)
3) Change your ride
4) Kick the one who see you funny

All these were logical answers for your question. But the practical answer will be
- just ignore the others
- Think about your own safety (rather than the looks)
- have a happy ride

All these were logical answers for your question. But the practical answer will be
- just ignore the others
- Think about your own safety (rather than the looks)
- have a happy ride
Akash1886 said:
Apparently there was no real need to ask a question for an obvious reply dear. Whether its a Luna or Moped or a Hybusa, or a Splendor Plus; Helmets are necessary.

Regards

Akash
How much does a good helmet cost? [:)]

Shridhar, Do you have Tere Naam like hair style which need to flaunt?[lol]
Don't know about that sir!

well it starts from 800-45,000. yeah you are right it ends that costly. i would recommend a ninja or a vega helmet simply put it suits the requirement of normal road safety measure.

Make it a point dear TAIians, when in future, You will take your kids to teach him/her ride, first teach them to adjust to a Helmet. Only after they are comfortable with Helmet, teach them to ride. Once they are accustomed to something from beginning, they just cant avoid it. Lets take the smaller responsibilities.

Can anyone please suggest what can I do other than ignoring others and wear a helmet .
Thanks for asking this great question!
I genuinely don't mind you not wearing helmet provided you promise me that you won't be a burden on my pocket. Because I want to spare money for better and safer automobiles

Please full fill following criteria.

This state is suffering from neoplastic growth of the population (In medical science, neoplasia is defined as it is a purposeless, excessive, unwanted, useless and nuisance growth of the cells which is often, but not always known as cancer). So if a person losses his life or limb in this country ,in long run ,it really doesn't make any difference to others including near and dear ones unless they are parasites totally and dependent on him .
There is always a replacement for the dead in our country .Till now we have lost two prime ministers, numerous NDA officers .Are these posts vacant??? Or are their families street destitute?

So, due to huge load of population and thereby poverty, there is lots of crime in this nation. Police personnel : population ratio in their jurisdiction is really worse in MH atleast.I don't know the scenario in state no. 1 Gujarat. They have to find out missing person, prevent and investigate murders, rapes,eve teasing theft, kidnapping,and what not,follow the court procedures, prepare volumes of reports, also provide bandobast for religious ceremonies.
And on the top of it, people those who don't wear a helmet, if met with an accident, people around there are often in a hurry to reach their destination, do not come to help, especially if the accident is near fatal and victim is semi or unconscious due to head injury.
Finally, with delay for reasons mentioned above, police comes to the spot keeping all important tasks aside .They call the ambulance (toll free dial 108 in MH ) These ambulance are well equipped with modern facilities and life support systems costing at least Rs 30L,they provide reserve ambulance also in case the stock one goes to workshop. The ambulance is run by 4drivers and 4 docs, (8hrly)duty. Government spend whopping amount on their special training for Emergency handling .Government also spends on their accomodation ,salary . You also get ill equipped and doctor less ambulance from politico run NGO ,and these ambulance are also not cheap to run for the politicos.

Then the police takes the ambulance to government hospital because before starting his journey the victim never deposits money with the near by police for paying advance in private hospitals (private hospitals run only on money paid by patients )
Government hospitals are already overburdened due to and for the neoplastic population. Victim arrives, and seriousness is judged by docs if time permits ,serious injuries requires scans and investigations, life support systems, ICU, trained docs and staff. So within first 48 hrs government spends almost Rs 2 lakhs on the serious victims (expenses for semi serious and non serious victims are apart) ,then, most of the time,responsible relatives of the victim arrive (irresponsible friends and relatives often gather earlier )and tell the doctor of the government hospital to continue treatment there itself as they don't afford private hospital Or if the victim is already admitted in the private hospital, the relatives shift him to government because they don't afford private hospital. (Yes, bitter truth it is else if the victim or his responsible relatives were rich enough why would he travel on a two wheeler?).And despite these expenses ,if the victim sucumbs to his injuries (salute to English language, injuries are called 'his injury 'irrespective of person responsible for them ),again police comes in to play leaving their important to do list aside and postmortem is conducted at expense of taxpayers.

So if you bother to deposit money with a private hospitals in the area where you are travelling prior hand, if you bother to arrange helpers to move you from the spot to private hospitals at your own expense (thus sparing police for their other important duties and sparing the government ambulance and docs and hospital beds for really needy people ) . Your accident will not be a burden on tax payer 's pocket (I am one of them ). And the money thus saved can be utilized for development and infrastructure (schools, roads,research, salary hike for scientists etc. Or tax concessions for me. )You can Google and find out the number of head injury cases due to helmet less driving and can then imagine, how much money from taxpayers pocket is wasted while dealing with these cases.

Also, if a person dies on the spot, ambulance and hospital expenses are saved but the money spent from tax payer's pocket on education in government schools and up bringing of the victim since his birth (most of the if not all two wheeer riders take these benefits from the government since their birth ) So bother to settle this amount also before releasing the clutch without helmet on the head.

If Googled ,you can find out proportion of life and limbs saved vs life and limb lost despite helmet use..
Oh! And yes, you said 40kmph, Again bother
to google and find out number of fatal head injuries caused due
to fall from bicycle which hardly runs @30kmph.
A stone
thrown @10kmph is enough for fatal head injury
to occur.

Last edited:

Thanks for asking this great question!
I genuinely don't mind you not wearing helmet provided you promise me that you won't be a burden on my pocket. Because I want to spare money for better and safer automobiles
Welcome!

Don't worry, I won't be a burden on your (or for that matter, any tax payer) pocket. Instead, will be spending my father's 1650 Rs. on a helmet :D

Great post, indeed. Couldn't understand what the heck you meant, only after reading the full post I understood. Thanks :smile:

[lol][clap] That was a good one tornado. I just fell of my chair laughing at the sarcasm in it. however on a serious note we have to consider that wearing helmet is important not because its a govt rule but because its important for our own safety. however Tornado once again nicely put and very elaborate explanation. Hats off.
@ Shrid 1650/- you get wonderful helmets.

Welcome!

Don't worry, I won't be a burden on your (or for that matter, any tax payer) pocket. Instead, will be spending my father's 1650 Rs. on a helmet :D

Great post, indeed. Couldn't understand what the heck you meant, only after reading the full post I understood. Thanks :smile:
BTW, of late, I have stopped using bike because I am not getting a helmet of my choice. I want a helmet similar to what was used in a TV serial 'street hawk ' broadcast long back on Doordarshan.

Top Bottom