Helmet Bond To Be Signed Before 2-Wheeler Registration and License

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends/All 2 Wheeler Owners.

It is now mandatory to fill and submit a "Helmet Bond" duly signed prior to the registration of the 2 wheeler and obtaining the license for the same. One will need to make a declaration to the transport department and traffic police that he/she will compulsorily buy and wear a helmet and shall ensure that the pillion rider wears a helmet too once the two-wheeler licence from the RTO is obtained. This move on 2 wheeler rider's safety came in effect after the Mumbai high court directed the transport department to ensure that riders wear helmets so that it can protect them in case of a road mishap.

The RTO official added, "We have been accepting affidavits while issuing driving licences wherein candidates would pledge that they will wear helmets. But the rule is not being implemented." Officials will now implement the new affidavit rule. Another official suggested that dealers can offer packages selling bikes and helmets together.
link, link

Regards

Akash

Re: Helmet Bond To Be Signed Before 2-Wheeler Registration and License.

This is great news!! But i am worried about its implementation, even though dealer or for that matter the company itself provides helmet along with bike then also it will be difficult to check whether rider wears it or not.

Secondly, about this new law. I am sure that everybody will sign the declaration and few will wear helmets in real. The most worried part is when it comes to RTO, we all know how licenses are distributed in our country.

Here bike manufacturers should think about some innovative idea so that their bikes wont get start if someone without helmet turns on the ignition.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member

This is great news!! But i am worried about its implementation, even though dealer or for that matter the company itself provides helmet along with bike then also it will be difficult to check whether rider wears it or not.

Secondly, about this new law. I am sure that everybody will sign the declaration and few will wear helmets in real.

Here bike manufacturers should think about some innovative idea so that their bikes wont get start if someone without helmet turns on the ignition.
Hi RK, I feel there has to be a start from somewhere atleast to change the present scenario of 2 wheeler riding here. Its a great step indeed and as for implementation, as I have seen in Mumbai, the traffic police is much more active than any other city of India. I am sure this implementation is done at the earliest.

As of the RTO, We can't change the mindset. Its the owner of the bike/scooter who should feel concerned for his/her life. If they sign well and good and if they don't then god may have mercy on them. I say this because, recently women were told to wear helmets while riding in India, but implementation was luke-warm. It is high time one should understand that one's life is to be taken care of by oneself. No one will bother in today's time to take care of the riders if due to absence of these safety measures they may die or meet an accident.

About technological inventions, in India, if one good rule is passed in the interest of the people, for their benefit and safety, there are 10,000 alternative devised to break that rule in advance. That's the truth, a sad but sour truth buddy.

Regards

Akash

Hi RK, I feel there has to be a start from somewhere atleast to change the present scenario of 2 wheeler riding here. Its a great step indeed and as for implementation, as I have seen in Mumbai, the traffic police is much more active than any other city of India. I am sure this implementation is done at the earliest.

As of the RTO, We can't change the mindset. Its the owner of the bike/scooter who should feel concerned for his/her life. If they sign well and good and if they don't then god may have mercy on them. I say this because, recently women were told to wear helmets while riding in India, but implementation was luke-warm. It is high time one should understand that one's life is to be taken care of by oneself. No one will bother in today's time to take care of the riders if due to absence of these safety measures they may die or meet an accident.

About technological inventions, in India, if one good rule is passed in the interest of the people, for their benefit and safety, there are 10,000 alternative devised to break that rule in advance. That's the truth, a sad but sour truth buddy.

Regards

Akash
Agreed with you Akash !!

On the flip side i have also seen peoples purchasing cheap quality helmets from vendors showcasing them on roadside / highways. Don't know its durability but i guess they will not save life if one crashes wearing them.

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member

i have also seen peoples purchasing cheap quality helmets from vendors showcasing them on roadside / highways. Don't know its durability but i guess they will not save life if one crashes wearing them.
This is just like being penny wise pound foolish attitude. If an ISI mark STUDDS Helmet costs 1000 and a XYZ one costs 300 then latter one is ok because people wear helmet not save themselves, they wear it to save Challan money. The durability of these sub-standard stuff is practically ZERO. By buying and wearing them, the riders leave it to god to save them (Bhagwan Bharose attitude).

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It is complusory to buy helmet when you purchase a bike. When we bought a bike (june 2014),the dealer told us either to take helmet from us or show us a bill of the helmet. The price of the helmet was in the price list.

It is complusory to buy helmet when you purchase a bike. When we bought a bike (june 2014),the dealer told us either to take helmet from us or show us a bill of the helmet. The price of the helmet was in the price list.
Yes this rule is implimented already before buying any two wheeler across nation.Signing an bond or affidavit would ask for more bribes now to get that documents process cleared earlier and easily rather then getting the person wear a helmet compulsory.IMO

There must be a BOND that government should sign to give GOOD QUALITY ROADS with PROPER SIGN BOARD CONVENTIONS, SIGNALS AND WITHOUT SPEED BREAKERS while charging a ROAD TAX.

Why always general public has to be made compulsory to follow rule; Why not a penalty to be given to Municipal commissioner if an accident happened due to BAD road.

People are buying a very costly and high featured luxury vehicles at huge prices, thinking that they can enjoy every penny they paid for their car on INDIAN roads. Dream breaks here...!!

There must be a BOND that government should sign to give GOOD QUALITY ROADS with PROPER SIGN BOARD CONVENTIONS, SIGNALS AND WITHOUT SPEED BREAKERS while charging a ROAD TAX.

Why always general public has to be made compulsory to follow rule; Why not a penalty to be given to Municipal commissioner if an accident happened due to BAD road.

People are buying a very costly and high featured luxury vehicles at huge prices, thinking that they can enjoy every penny they paid for their car on INDIAN roads. Dream breaks here...!!
I second your thought !! Today morning while coming to office i saw Audi Q5 struggling to come out of traffic on Kharadi bypass road. I felt [cry] about the poor soul behind that wheel

Top Bottom