Hell's Angel - Suzuki Zen Estilo LXi - Midnight Black - March 2007

Thread Starter #46

deville_56

Honoured Member
That was a bad idea for asking me to click. Found the car to have scratch and dent in almost everywhere [frustration]. Being lady driven is the highest punishment a car can take. Time for a mega claim marathon.

Car was found to be parked in the porch almost diagonally with wheels turned fully to one side. AC was ON. Car locked with keys inside with the other remote hanged inside home. And the packed up power window was nothing other than a pressed power window lock button [frustration]. Can't help saying, though she is my cousin, a lady is always a lady and will never change in the style she drives/treat the car.

Cast in the order of appearance
1. Bonnet scratches barely visible, high glaze and glare from sun.
2. The unbranded OEM fog lamp. I paid for VXi's Lumax unit.
3. Most claimed spot. She has scratched the same door 3-4 times, same spot, same wall. It's next to impossible for a guy behind wheel to scratch the driver side.
4. Quality of ASC paint job. They don't even care to sand the surface before painting. The idiot service advisor kept the car with them for almost 10 days, just because he was on leave. Pathetic for an ASC. The other independent service (now Bosch car care franchise) does the same job perfectly in 3-4 days max with all insurance claim procedure with the inspector coming from the above mentioned ASC alone. Only advantage in ASC was absolute cashless claim, only processing charge and the other guys charge the entire amount and insurance guy will settle us the amount. SHortage of money forced us to rely on the bloody ASC and the effect was peeling paint after the bumper just twisted.

Rest all dents remains mystery. She don't know when or where that happened.

Photo2102.jpg

Photo2107.jpg

Photo2108.jpg

Photo2111.jpg

Photo2114.jpg

Photo2115.jpg

Photo2119.jpg

Photo2120.jpg

Photo2122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #48

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hell's Angel crashed yesterday. Brother slept behind wheels and knocked down a wall. He scratchless, car disabled. Towed to Maruti workshop, Hercules Automobiles.

Damages:
Left headlight, left fender, bumper, and left lower arm needs replacement.
Bonnet needs denting (they said they'll try to replace it under insurance, at some 500 bucks extra). Passenger door and A-piller needs painting.
Chassis slightly damaged. Needs straightening.
Drive shaft needs to be fixed.
Quote 17k. 4.1k after after claim.

Crane guy damaged the fog lamp. Dealer fitment and not covered by insurance. New OEM set 3.8k (1.3k 4 year back). Gotta find something cheaper or custom retrofitment.

Car promised to be delivered in a week (insurance guys asking 14 working days).

@Deville_56:
First of all...:lol!: and :sorry: if you feel it bad.

What I mean is, I have been reading this thread and was stuck to it,your buying experience and decision making then learning to drive etc etc all looks like a fantastic comedy movie. I mean a full family with no one who knows to drive took the test drive of a car. My God,I just fell off the chair.
Really mind blowing. I add to your reputation.

That was a fantastic ownership experience with a spice of humor in it.

Any ways,how much this car has covered?My Innova has done nearly 92k kms but still it hadn't got even half the beating this car has taken.
I hope now the full family is expert in driving or still someone is remaining to learn to drive??

OMG.. my family vehicle 18 years old Japan imported Toyota has only 3 scratches and it has run nearly 300000 now.. this is real shock to me.. looks like Maruthi + Suzuki has outsourced the crash testing to you..[clap]

i hope engine want fall down from the bay near feature from these beatings..[clap]

Thread Starter #51

deville_56

Honoured Member
First time on net [evil]

2011-11-15 09-46-26_resize.jpg

2011-11-15 09-46-56_resize.jpg

2011-11-15 13-43-37.jpg

@Deville_56:

What I mean is, I have been reading this thread and was stuck to it,your buying experience and decision making then learning to drive etc etc all looks like a fantastic comedy movie. I mean a full family with no one who knows to drive took the test drive of a car. My God,I just fell off the chair.
Really mind blowing. I add to your reputation.

That was a fantastic ownership experience with a spice of humor in it.

Any ways,how much this car has covered?My Innova has done nearly 92k kms but still it hadn't got even half the beating this car has taken.
I hope now the full family is expert in driving or still someone is remaining to learn to drive??
Current generation over Cousin's delivery in January, next gen coming [:D] Car was having almost 40k km on odo.

OMG.. my family vehicle 18 years old Japan imported Toyota has only 3 scratches and it has run nearly 300000 now.. this is real shock to me.. looks like Maruthi + Suzuki has outsourced the crash testing to you..

i hope engine want fall down from the bay near feature from these beatings.
More to come [evil]

Expecting the car this week.

Ooh, the crash looks worse than what i assumed. Still glad to see the engine didnt get any major injuries.

Thread Starter #53

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hell's Angel was ready by Tuesday, but some idiot broke the grille. Waiting for replacement grille. Fingers crossed for taking it out tomorrow, last and final date per the dealer. Glad that SA was good enough to accept it's their fault and replace them at their cost. Last time "India's top-ranking Maruti dealer" broke the left ORVM and put the blame on us, though got replaced with a duplicate mirror after fight [frustration].

Ooh, the crash looks worse than what i assumed. Still glad to see the engine didnt get any major injuries.
Very lucky, the compound was below road level and the wall was a bit weak.

350Z

Core Team
Ouch. It was a horrible crash. Maruti Service Centre broke my car’s rear view mirror too but they replaced the thing without creating a fuss.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #55

deville_56

Honoured Member
Car delivery keep delaying. Last promised date was Saturday and was about to get the car. Went there for inspection and found the work incomplete yet ready to deliver. Passenger door untouched and bumper paininting very bad, lots of overspray and specks. SA got transfered to another branch and new guy was in charge of car. He said it would be better to take the car after work is done. He promised it would be delivered by Tuesday evening or Wednesday.

Damn,that's such a horrible crash and also the Hell's angel has really got some major injuries,but still its nice to know that your brother hasn't got any injuries.
One more question:-
Will you people have to pay for the repairing of the wall too?

Rest being true,I am quite angry with your brother too,why?
If he was feeling sleepy then why he took the wheel?Instead he would have washed his face once and then driven.I too make out full night drives and they are quite easy too,just get some tea after every 2 hours and drink cold water and wash your face whenever you feel sleepy.

WHO SAYS GYPSY AND GRAND VITARA ARE RUGGED VEHICLES,JUST ASK THE MARUTI GUYS TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE HELL'S ANGEL I can bet,this car will beat even a Hummer in the endurance test..:biggrin:

Thread Starter #57

deville_56

Honoured Member
^^
We mended the wall for them, so no legal issues. It's hell lot of headache if we go legal way.

He normally goes by office cab, but it was last minute plan to take car and give it to cousin as she was in need of it.

No Gypsy can beat the Angel [evil]

^^
We mended the wall for them, so no legal issues. It's hell lot of headache if we go legal way.

He normally goes by office cab, but it was last minute plan to take car and give it to cousin as she was in need of it.

No Gypsy can beat the Angel
When I met the accident this August,my friend had lost his Honda City and after he came out of ICU,I went to see him and he said "Yaar it was my birthday and I was drunk too,you wasn't.Then why you didn't took the steering forcefully from me and drove yourself"?That time I was also just thinking,but now sand had already slipped out of my hands..[cry]
What I mean to say is,as we say in Hindi "MAAR PEECHE PUKAAR NAHI HOTI(There is no use of talks after the losses)".Please don't take me wrong,I have no intentions to hurt you.
From next time on wards,be careful..DRIVE SAFE,STAY SAFE.

Some two years back I used to get dents automatically,after that one day my father said "Beta,its good that you are always safe,but the money we waste for those denting etc can be used somewhere else only if you are some what careful.So from today on wards,THE DENTING PRICES WILL BE PAID BY YOUR POCKET MONEY AND IT WILL BE CUT ACCORDINGLY".[evil]
From that day on wards,I myself have changed everything and it really saves a lot of money too.

Rest,your car is really a Gypsy beater,in fact the people who praise Bolero saying that it has got dinosaur bones too need to see this thread.

Thread Starter #59

deville_56

Honoured Member
The Angel is back.

Photo3973.jpg

Again and again I'm saying never give the car to SVC. Bad experience everytime [frustration]

This time it was Hercules Automobiles, supposedly better than the other two SVCs here. Normally give car to Auto Engineers, an independent workshop (now Bosch Car Care franchisee). But he don't do cashless claim, so had to trust the moron Maruti SVC.

Total bill was 24000, had to pay 5200 + 2100 for towing. Insurance policy said lowing charges will be born by dealer and supposely a goodwill service my Maruti. It was Maruti-ICICI Lombard policy and it was clearly quoted in the first page in bold.

Got billed for LH strut assembly and stabilizer bar, which had no issues and not replaced and had to bear the cost. Also said 18 plastic clips were used, but there is barely enough clips to hold the fender liner, not even half of the required number. Not even a single one to hold the grille.

Gave the car on 15/11 and got it back on 08/12, 22 days. Auto Engineers never took more than 3-4 days for full claim, other Maruti dealer took max 10 days, never faced this much delay.

Reason quoted by them for the delay was lower grille was broken accidentally and they will replace them for free. I got billed for that too. I've removed it a 100 times and never broke them.

From 30/11, whenever I call, the car was in wash bay according to them. I gave deadline for 08/12 on 07/12 and they gave final promise of pacca delivery at 10:30 AM. I knew it's not gonna be done then and gave them and called them at 3:30 PM to know the status and again it was in the wash bay. Went there by 4:30, waited to get it washed and got hold of it by 5:00 PM.

Painting quality sucks. Bonnet was not prepared before painting. All specks and scratches now remain under the paint job, and it's very much oversprayed and not buffed.

They also broke the front passenger door lock lever.

LH drive shaft and wheel rim were damaged in the accident and they didn't replace them. They simply swapped the LH front tyre with stepney, which was different sized and bald. Now they are quoting 2k for replacing the drive shaft. Drive shaft plus boot cost more than 3k for sure. Auto Engineers quoted 3.8k for the same and he offered to get it repaired for 1.8k with lathe job. Bloody cheaters.

Mailed Hercules to solve everything, will wait till evening and will shoot mail to MUL.

Good to see Angel back on road. At the same time, feel sad to hear about your experience with the dealer. Do post close up pics of the paint job.

Top Bottom