Hell's Angel - Suzuki Zen Estilo LXi - Midnight Black - March 2007

Bridgestone's are better in terms of grip as compared to many though not as good as yokos or Michilens, but they are a lot better than MRF(atleast ones on my Alto).

Thread Starter #32

deville_56

Honoured Member
We were running on stock JKs. They were too good in poor cornerability, great stopping distance and bomblastic high speed instability. [evil]

Yes Ilango not all OE tyres are crappy. My Verna running on OE Bridgestone tyres are still running pretty good even after 40k kms.

Yes Ilango not all OE tyres are crappy. My Verna running on OE Bridgestone tyres are still running pretty good even after 40k kms.
No , i dont agree .. even a verna oe tyre are crappy . you must get new ones to feel them!

almost majority ie tyres worn out soon / ride is not upto the mark.

Once you change over , you will know the difference.

Thread Starter #36

deville_56

Honoured Member
Car doesn't feel heavy with 165 in place of 145 as expected. Steering is much more sharp.

Friend of mine was learning on the angel and he hit the wall reversing [:(]. Paint flaked in rear bumper. A large area is gone. Crack in brake light, but not noticeable. Unnoticeable dent in the bootlid. Time for next claim [evil]

Thread Starter #39

deville_56

Honoured Member
Completed 37700 km.

I'm not using the car because of "cheap" fuel price, sticking on to Barricade only.

Only upgrade being the ceramic holders that I've mentioned in the i10 headlight swap thread. Left side stock holder burnt off after 3+ years of 100/90 use .

Please refrain from using 100/90 or higher in those plastic headlamps no matter what the bulb maker claims (like quartz glass, so less heat), it'll only harm in the long run. Lots of (micro)cracks in headlight glass.

And never ever get your car accessorized from the dealer with the so called Genuine Maruti Accessories and ASC craftmanship. The OEM (only in price) fog lamp fallen off into pieces. One bulb got fused and no way I can change it, cos even the slightest touch can make powdered reflector. They charged almost 1.5k for that crap thing, later heard same stuff available for 300-400 bucks outside the dealer. Regarding ASC electrician's craftmanship, that moron cut the cigarette lamp connection and connected it to foglamp and till I rewired it, it was glowing like parklight.

Next issue, a completely (brandnew) scratched bonnet. All credits to myself [clap]. Bonnet was completely accumilated with dust and paint was very much oxidized and I decided to rub/wax it. Used 3M Finesse It rubbing compound, then scratch out, and then 3M liquid wax. Finish was awesome. It all happened at night. Next morning, on seeing the car _____ [confused], fully scratched bonnet with all streaks (of polishing). Crap!!! Forgot to wash the car before polishing [frustration]. Redone the bonnet with Scratch Out alone. Though now it looks neat, but still lots of deep scratches hidden under the glaze.

Recently fixed a pair of chineese fog lamps in my friend's Indica, 55W, whitish/yellowish light (Rainbow effect), and outruns my 100/90. If I can find similar one in Estilo OEM diameter, I'm planning to retrofit one soon.

Also planning to put wider (steel) rims, (Lancer/Baleno) as stock rims are too tight for the 165 wheels and are almost oval shaped by now, thanks to the perfect roads here.

Money is the only issue now, 3 jobs in 3 months = jobless = piling debts.

Ruled out alloy wheels forever (1. Money money money, 2. Pathetic roads)

Scheduled oil change/service in a month or two. Badly need wheel alignment, last one was long back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man , wipe the hood even more , you will find the hidden shine even more.

I have 3 baleno steel rims , that were removed from our our member holysatan previous ride. 4th one was highly bend , no use.

Thread Starter #42

deville_56

Honoured Member
New issue left side power window packed, gotta check once the car is back.

ilango[speed thirst];64338 said:
I have 3 baleno steel rims , that were removed from our our member holysatan previous ride. 4th one was highly bend , no use.
Holysatan swapping them for my Black 4.0" steel rims???? [evil]

ilango[speed thirst];64338 said:
Man , wipe the hood even more , you will find the hidden shine even more.
deville_56 , i felt sad to know your situation. let me wish you good luck and may almighty show you the way.
Kind of okay now, gotta see how it looks when the shine is gone.

Finish was awesome. It all happened at night. Next morning, on seeing the car _____ [confused], fully scratched bonnet with all streaks (of polishing). Crap!!! Forgot to wash the car before polishing [frustration]. Redone the bonnet with Scratch Out alone. Though now it looks neat, but still lots of deep scratches hidden under the glaze.
IMO wash the bonnet and then do do the rubbing once again with light hands. Also do not apply the compound to the entire bonnet. Do it in parts, say do one half and then after completion of 1st half you can start with the other half.
After this, polish it and you will definitely find the glaze back:smile:.

Thread Starter #44

deville_56

Honoured Member
IMO wash the bonnet and then do do the rubbing once again with light hands. Also do not apply the compound to the entire bonnet. Do it in parts, say do one half and then after completion of 1st half you can start with the other half.
After this, polish it and you will definitely find the glaze back:smile:.
Did the same way, almost 15 x 15 cm area at a time, washed before redoing, glaze is back, but lots of deep scratches hidden under the glaze.

Did the same way, almost 15 x 15 cm area at a time, washed before redoing, glaze is back, but lots of deep scratches hidden under the glaze.
If possible, please post the pictures of those scratches. It will give a better idea!

Top Bottom