Hell's Angel - Suzuki Zen Estilo LXi - Midnight Black - March 2007

Ilango had a Gold Estilo which he sold later and the new owner totalled it few days after sale. Dunno whether it is back on road.
Given the obvious severity of the impact, the cabin seems to be quite impressively undamaged!![clap]

I had a pearl silver one.

Its lying in accident thread too also a owner ship report is there.

The car when i had it

After a 1.5 years in dealer its running now again. The dealer was caught up in corruption , so the delay , still the dealer is closed no maruti showroom in pondicherry. Atlast got the car. they sold that one. There was rattling sound. Apart from that , it was fine.

Attachments

Thread Starter #21

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hell's Angel developed steering play 2-3 days back. Gave it for steering column overhaul and rack and pinion found to be worn out. Got them replaced and front suspension also reworked and lubed. Had to do wheel alignment again, which was done only 238 km back [:(].
Total bill 2464 INR.

Thread Starter #23

deville_56

Honoured Member
Steering play is delay in response when you steer. There will be a neutral range in between when ever you change the direction of rotation of steering, which results in slight delay.

This is what I know [;)]

Its like a slight movement to left and right but no response to wheels. After that point there will be exact response to the wheels
It must be present in manual steering , but in power steering it must not be there.
In Eps steering , there motor function will cut of at 50kmph , so at that speed you will have some play , even in hydraulic power steering , but not as much in normal.

Over play must be reduced. Play do help in driving. Esp at high speeds

Thread Starter #25

deville_56

Honoured Member
Even in ESP there can be play. Play got nothing to do with motor in my case. My Rack and Pinion worn out and also suspension was misaligned. Even at standstill there was play, but was not at all noticable as the motor kicked in assiting the steering.

My frnd had a play in Matiz and he quickly noticed it, else it would have been never noticed as I won't be driving the car often.

Thread Starter #26

deville_56

Honoured Member
Bought two more tyres today. Now the upsizing is complete. Now all 4 are 165/65. MRF ZTX was unavailable this time and all dealers were charging similar/higher price for crappy MRF than Bridgestone, Michelin and Goodyear. Settled for Goodyear Duro-Miller, pattern looked class higher. Now MRF in rear and Goodyear in front. Soon will be swapping them.

Thread Starter #28

deville_56

Honoured Member
Very much stable. Tried a only 60 in a bend, which it managed well without any screech or roll. Braking too improved. It's really stopping now :P
-----------Next Post-----------
Tyre name was actually Duraco Hi-Miler [:D]

Last edited:
not all OE tyres are crappy ilango.

my scorpio came with Bridgestone's Dueler tyres, which i think are pretty good. though not as good as the michelins.

Top Bottom