Hello :)

Thread Starter #1
Greeting to all the members of TAI,

I'm Prashanth Lobo from Bangalore. I was looking for some information on the Maruti-800 when i stumbled upon this forum. I must say that it was Varun560061's thread that greatly inspired me and egged me on to join this forum.

I just finished my Masters in Communication and well I'm in the process of looking for a job now. Hopefully I get one soon, because my poor M-800 who has been ignored for a long time now needs a lot of pimping (for a loss of a better term).

Well, my sister's M-800 has been handed down to me as she got a Swift Dzire. I must say the car was not kept in the best condition and I know I have quite a bit of work to do before she is gleaming and fit.

Many people ask me, why do you want to do so much work on the M-800? Its already ten years old. I just smile to myself. Well, I guess only a petrol head will understand.
I know its ten years old but I love the car. I know if i take care and give her the right attention she will serve me well for ten more years to come. Another reason I wont sell the car is that I know that I can work on the Maruti 800 and learn the in's and out's of a car without having too much of a worry that the repair costs (if something goes wrong) will need me to sell my kidney :).

Anyways, I'm glad to be on this forum and I hope to learn a lot.

I own a 2002 Maruti-800 which has done 78,100 on the odo and a 2008 Yamaha Gladiator SS with 43000 on the odo.

Regards,

Prashanth Lobo

Hi Buddy,

Welcome to TAI..

Congrats for your 800. If you take care of your 800 it will definetely serve more than 10 years..there is no doubt in that.

Many people ask me, why do you want to do so much work on the M-800? Its already ten years old. I just smile to myself. Well, I guess only a petrol head will understand.

yes you are right, petrol heads only knows about the Care & Love of their car.

Have a pleasant stay with us[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Prashant. You sure will have a wonderful experience with like-minded people on board.
Many people ask me, why do you want to do so much work on the M-800? Its already ten years old. I just smile to myself. Well, I guess only a petrol head will understand. I know its ten years old but I love the car. I know if i take care and give her the right attention she will serve me well for ten more years to come. Another reason I wont sell the car is that I know that I can work on the Maruti 800 and learn the in's and out's of a car without having too much of a worry that the repair costs (if something goes wrong) will need me to sell my kidney :).
True that. I own a 2003 Maruti 800 and planning for refurbishment in approaching summers. She has served well over the years and I cannot think of a reason to swap her with something else. Anyways welcome again. Do share more about the 800 and feel free to contact us for any forum-related assistance. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thank you 350Z, I saw your 800 in the inventory. Very nice I must say. My car needs a lot of work. Slowly but surely it shall happen and updates will follow in the forum.

Hello, loboPrashanth Welcome to TAI,

Good that you are enthusiastic to modify that 800 of your's, looking forward for your ownership thread soon.

Thread Starter #7
welcome to TAI. enjoy your stay!!
Thank you[:)]

Hello, loboPrashanth Welcome to TAI,

Good that you are enthusiastic to modify that 800 of your's, looking forward for your ownership thread soon.
Thank you Vishwas. Yes, I'm very keen. However, it will take sometime. Surely an ownership thread will open up when the restoring and modifying begins.

Welcome to TAI Prashant and have a pleasant stay here. Looking forward for your ownership thread with some nice pics.

Top Bottom