Hello, Jeeper onboard !

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am Pratheesh Raveendran, age 26. Basically a mad Jeeper from Kerala but currently stationed in Bhopal.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by qualification and a professional Automotive Test and Development Engineer by my experience. Did my schooling from Jharkhand, Bhopal and went on to complete my Bachelor's from Cochin University, Kerala in 2007. Got selected as a Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET) in the R&D wing of M&M's Automotive Sector and had a good stint there.

I joined M&M's R&D facility as a GET under Mr. Behram Dhabhar (also referred to as the "Father of Thar") at Nasik in August 2007 and was associated in various development projects till July 2011. During my brief stint, I was involved in vehicle testing, design & development and homologation for various projects in Scorpio, Bolero, Xylo and Thar platforms. Out of many projects I did there, it is Thar which gave me the most learning and satisfaction. I humbly state that it also helped me with name, appreciation and friends from all over India and abroad (Italy, South Africa). I was involved in the project right from its starting days and had a privilege to see and play a pivotal role in its inception. For the record, I along with Behram Sir were the people who made the first Mechanical Prototypes for the Thar. I also played a lead role in shaping up the Four Wheel Drive - Center of Excellence (4WD COE) at Mahindra. This COE was entrusted with development of all 4WD products under the company's stable. I was involved in developing of 4WD test tracks, imparting 4WD testing and driving techniques / trainings to engineers and employees there.

My handle name is synonymous to a very crucial component in older 4WD's which was used to arrest the "Spike" (fore and aft movement of the power train while braking or acceleration), people fondly call me as Spike or Spikey as my real name is lengthy and sometimes difficult to remember (for some)[lol].

My hobbies are off-roading and rallying and I generally like to keep track of things with mechanical orientation. I currently own a Yamaha RX100 and wish to get a CJ3B Hurricane and NGCS 550 in future, so you will often find me lurking around the 4x4 and technical sections.

Looking forward to learn and share (whatever little I know) with all of you here. Cheers !

Spike[:)]

Thread Starter #2
OT - Hey Pratheesh, nice to have you here! Now we all could look up to some real technical insights into the world of 4x4s. Welcome abroad and switch to 4L[:)].
Sam, I am [surprise] to see that you know my name and also that people know me. Thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to a healthy interaction and hope to share whatever little I know about cars especially 4WD's.[;)]

To all forum members - Friends, here is one of the men who built the Mahindra Thar!
Well that's right. I was one among a team of twelve and among the very few (among 2 to be precise, the second person was Dhabhar Sir himself) who were involved right from the beginning till the end. Yeah that is something special and worth cherishing for life.

How's Behram sir doing at Tata?
He is going great guns. Had a chat with him recently during his birthday.

Good to see you here Spike!

P.S.: I miss Behram Dhabar Sir in Mahindra!
Thank you Raj. Are you with M&M, if yes where?

Welcome aboard, Spike. We’re privileged to have you with us. Please start an introduction thread so that we may discuss further.
Thank you 350Z for the warm welcome. It is a pleasure to be among like minded people. I will start my introduction thread soon, give me some time.

Spike

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Spikey. :smile: It’s our pleasure to have you on board. I’m sure your contribution will help us to explore and learn more about the 4x4s. Here's wishing you a wonderful stay on the forum and if you ever require any forum-related assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Slightly OT

Sam, I am [surprise] to see that you know my name and also that people know me.
What goes around, comes around.You made a fantastic machine and God rewarded you by making you famous![;)]

Well that's right. I was one among a team of twelve and among the very few (among 2 to be precise, the second person was Dhabhar Sir himself) who were involved right from the beginning till the end. Yeah that is something special and worth cherishing for life.

I came to know of Behram sir's move to Tata last year (hope the Safari Storme won't rock like a boat on high seas now:biggrin:) but I hope that the rest of the Thar team - Padmesh, Waghmare, Bochak, Indranil Paul, APS, Kapil and Amol are still 'Rising'?

He is going great guns. Had a chat with him recently during his birthday.

May he live for long. We need more men like him in the auto industry.

Dear all forum members - Posting a snap of the Thar with two of its creators - Behram Dhabhar (with his elbow on the Thar's bonnet) and Pratheesh Raveendran a.k.a. Spike_Arrestor (to his left).

Spike, hope you don't mind.

Attachments

Welcome again, Pratheesh! Great to have you here (p.s.: how about asking Behram sir to join this forum too?).

Now how about that hard top and AC for the Thar? :biggrin:

Thread Starter #8
OT

No. Sadly, I am not with M&M! But I know Behram Sir personally. What I meant was - it was a sad moment for me when Behram Sir left Mahindra.
Oh ok, got it now.

I came to know of Behram sir's move to Tata last year (hope the Safari Storme won't rock like a boat on high seas now:biggrin:) but I hope that the rest of the Thar team - Padmesh, Waghmare, Bochak, Indranil Paul, APS, Kapil and Amol are still 'Rising'?
Man you know a thing or two about the Thar team. [surprise] The current team still retains some of the old members but many have moved on.

Dear all forum members - Posting a snap of the Thar with two of its creators - Behram Dhabhar (with his elbow on the Thar's bonnet) and Pratheesh Raveendran a.k.a. Spike_Arrestor (to his left).
Wow, this pic brings back memories.
Spike, hope you don't mind.
No not at all. Thanks for sharing.

Mods if necessary, move some of these posts to my introduction thread, they are slightly O.T.

Spike

Wow! We got a THAR Creator on-board! What a surprise; Sir Welcome to TAI and have a nice stay and educate us noobs about the real Jeed bug which is running in our minds:-)

Thread Starter #14
sir..happy to see you. welcome..welcome!
Wow! We got a THAR Creator on-board! What a surprise; Sir Welcome to TAI and have a nice stay and educate us noobs about the real Jeed bug which is running in our minds

Welcome to TAI and we look forward getting tons of info from you about the 4x4. Once again a warm welcome

Thanks guys, you can call me Spike / Spikey / Pratheesh. As I am only 26, Sir feels a bit odd. [;)]

Welcome to TAI [clap] it is honor meet such great mind
My pleasure mastersquall, look forward to learn things from all of you here on TAI. [cheers]

Spike

Last edited:
Welcome aboard TAI Pratheesh, Great to have someone like you here[clap]. I'm glad that we have someone on the forum to look up to for our queries and doubts about 4x4s. Its an honour to have you here.

Top Bottom