Hello Friends!

Thread Starter #1

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
hello friends,
I am mayank dixit,new to this community.I Am from kanpur,and by profession I am a doctor.I am very proud to join this forum.Contrary to what might be expected from me,I am crazy about cars,and I do invest a lot of time on them,including talking about them,with like minded people.[:)]I am eager to learn more and more about cars from everybody on this forum,and make new friends.

Thread Starter #3

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Re: Hello! New To TAI!

I am presently satisfied owner of swift vxi, ritz vxi, and mahindra xuv500.These three vehicles consume a lot of my spare time in maintaining them, which I dont regret at all.I feel they also contribute a lot in keeping me fit and active. The most beautiful thing about cleaning and maintaining your car is you get good muscles as a side effect and gym going is not required.My querie to fellow members is this, is it just me or its a fact that I find my swift2008 g3b petrol more fun to drive as compared to my ritz2010 kb series. [confused]

Thread Starter #5

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks @saroya,I Would love to share photos of my rides with all the members ,but unfortunately most of the pics are more than 1mb size.Infact I was presently in the process of uploading the pictures when the error message popped up,reminding me to restrict the picture size.But I can still share my experiences with all of you.In brief I want to emphasize following points about my rides:

Swift petrol vxi. (2008 model) Its a wonderful machine.In comparison to the newer kb series engine, the mileage is poor,but everything else is positive.The pickup is wonderful.Engine note is pleasant.[;)]

Ritz vxi kb series.(2010 model) Its is more spacious from inside as compared to swift.The engine is very silent,and the average hovers around 15 in the city.The build quality of rits is even better than my swift.Kerb wt of ritz is more than swift.But the newer kb series engines do not prove outright pickup,which was present in earlier swifts.[:D]

Mahindra xuv500 w8(2013)This has a wonderful diesel engine.It has the best pickup amongst all the cars I have driven in my life.The pull of the engine is very very addicting.Space inside the car is massive.I just love the looks which are aggressive.In all my trips on the highways I am getting average of 18 km/litre of diesel[surprise]. What more can I ask,from this wonderful machine from Mahindra and Mahindra.
Apart from this I also have bajaj discover 125cc bike which I use for small errands.I love to drop my son to his school.on my bike.

Thanks @saroya,I Would love to share photos of my rides with all the members ,but unfortunately most of the pics are more than 1mb size.Infact I was presently in the process of uploading the pictures when the error message popped up,reminding me to restrict the picture size.But I can still share my experiences with all of you.In brief I want to emphasize following points about my rides:

Swift petrol vxi. (2008 model) Its a wonderful machine.In comparison to the newer kb series engine, the mileage is poor,but everything else is positive.The pickup is wonderful.Engine note is pleasant.

Ritz vxi kb series.(2010 model) Its is more spacious from inside as compared to swift.The engine is very silent,and the average hovers around 15 in the city.The build quality of rits is even better than my swift.Kerb wt of ritz is more than swift.But the newer kb series engines do not prove outright pickup,which was present in earlier swifts.

Mahindra xuv500 w8(2013)This has a wonderful diesel engine.It has the best pickup amongst all the cars I have driven in my life.The pull of the engine is very very addicting.Space inside the car is massive.I just love the looks which are aggressive.In all my trips on the highways I am getting average of 18 km/litre of diesel[surprise]. What more can I ask,from this wonderful machine from Mahindra and Mahindra.
Apart from this I also have bajaj discover 125cc bike which I use for small errands.I love to drop my son to his school.on my bike.
You have to resize your pictures then you will be able to post those pictures in the forum. Download a photo editing software in your PC and resize your pics to recommended size .[;)]

In brief I want to emphasize following points about my rides:

Swift petrol vxi. (2008 model) Its a wonderful machine.In comparison to the newer kb series engine, the mileage is poor,but everything else is positive.The pickup is wonderful.Engine note is pleasant.

Ritz vxi kb series.(2010 model) Its is more spacious from inside as compared to swift.The engine is very silent,and the average hovers around 15 in the city.The build quality of rits is even better than my swift.Kerb wt of ritz is more than swift.But the newer kb series engines do not prove outright pickup,which was present in earlier swifts.

Mahindra xuv500 w8(2013)This has a wonderful diesel engine.It has the best pickup amongst all the cars I have driven in my life.The pull of the engine is very very addicting.Space inside the car is massive.I just love the looks which are aggressive.In all my trips on the highways I am getting average of 18 km/litre of diesel. What more can I ask,from this wonderful machine from Mahindra and Mahindra.
First of all welcome to the most knowledgeable community and No doubt good reviews by you of your beasts but I think you should open a new thread in the ownership forum and you will see how many likes and comments you will receive in that thread [evil].
Enjoy the community with searching something new that you haven't seen or heard before [:D] because this is the only place where you can find almost everything. [cheers]

Thread Starter #8

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Yesterday ,all day was spent in downloading picasa 3.0 from www and trying to resize the pictures to less than 1mb.I was desperate to start my ownership thread on my xuv500.Without pics any thread will be dull and boring,so kept on trying to upload pics.Result:nil.[frustration]Maybe I am too slow on picasa software,or maybe there is no option in picasa to actually downsize the pictures.
In the meantime I was posting on the new safari storm thread.Man I love the imposing stance of the new Storm.Contrary to many others,I love the back of Storm too,since the wheel on earlier safari hindered the rear look.Now the rear looks smarter and nicely balanced.
I was wondering how come all the other members post such heavily loaded high def pictures on the threads despite of the 1mb capping.[surprise]

Yesterday ,all day was spent in downloading picasa 3.0 from www and trying to resize the pictures to less than 1mb.I was desperate to start my ownership thread on my xuv500.Without pics any thread will be dull and boring,so kept on trying to upload pics.Result:nil.[frustration]Maybe I am too slow on picasa software,or maybe there is no option in picasa to actually downsize the pictures.
In the meantime I was posting on the new safari storm thread.Man I love the imposing stance of the new Storm.Contrary to many others,I love the back of Storm too,since the wheel on earlier safari hindered the rear look.Now the rear looks smarter and nicely balanced.
I was wondering how come all the other members post such heavily loaded high def pictures on the threads despite of the 1mb capping.[surprise]
Download photoscape very easy and usable for newbies. Download Photoscape 3.6.5 - FileHippo.com
Link for you Mr. Mayank

350Z

Core Team
Yesterday ,all day was spent in downloading picasa 3.0 from www and trying to resize the pictures to less than 1mb.I was desperate to start my ownership thread on my xuv500.Without pics any thread will be dull and boring,so kept on trying to upload pics.Result:nil.
You can also resize using MS Paint or just download Image Compressor Tool. This link has more info: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-videos-google-maps-your-posts.html#post50529.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thank you @350Z , simplysam.singh and saroya for helping me in image compression.My XUV ownership thread has started in the relevant section.[:D]Without you people, I would have been in the dark and struggling.[embarass]

Thread Starter #13

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I realise that I am posting on this thread after almost 6 years!! And there is a reason for that.

When ,as a little boy you take admission in a school,you always remember (all your life) ,those teachers who welcomed you ,helped you and showered love on you.You are always curious even after growing up ,about their well being and all,and you get all satisfied when you see them all old and still living a peaceful life.
Well,in my introduction page ,following members welcomed me and helped me out.I am really very curious,that where are these guys now and what made them simply disappear from the forum,with no posts and messages ,for years?? I feel sad,and I miss these guys. Can any member or moderator put some light on this mystery ?I will be very thankful if anyone pops up even some small clue about these missing in action members.
1. Sam Dinkar, V10
2. simplysam.singh, V6
. 350Z (since he is from the core team currently,he is an exception here)
4. saroya V8

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
I feel sad,and I miss these guys. Can any member or moderator put some light on this mystery ?I will be very thankful if anyone pops up even some small clue about these missing in action members.
Thanks for the concern @mayankdixit. Much appreciated. Some personal commitments kept me stuck from active participation on the forum lately. I’m regularly online though and expect to be as active as earlier soon.

I miss him as well. Last time we spoke, he was too occupied with his official responsibilities.

2. @simplysam.singh, V6
No clue but it’ll be a pleasure to see some old folks like him back.

I’d love to see him back as well. Miss those interesting posts by @saroya.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Re: Hello! New To TAI!

Doc saab welcome to The Automotive India!
Am sure your presence here would be positively therapeutic.
Have a great time! Regards,
Sam
I realise that I am posting on this thread after almost 6 years!! And there is a reason for that.

When ,as a little boy you take admission in a school,you always remember (all your life) ,those teachers who welcomed you ,helped you and showered love on you.You are always curious even after growing up ,about their well being and all,and you get all satisfied when you see them all old and still living a peaceful life.
Well,in my introduction page ,following members welcomed me and helped me out.I am really very curious,that where are these guys now and what made them simply disappear from the forum,with no posts and messages ,for years?? I feel sad,and I miss these guys. Can any member or moderator put some light on this mystery ?I will be very thankful if anyone pops up even some small clue about these missing in action members.
1. Sam Dinkar, V10
2. simplysam.singh, V6
. 350Z (since he is from the core team currently,he is an exception here)
4. saroya V8
Thanks for the concern @mayankdixit. Much appreciated. Some personal commitments kept me stuck from active participation on the forum lately. I’m regularly online though and expect to be as active as earlier soon.

I miss him as well. Last time we spoke, he was too occupied with his official responsibilities.

No clue but it’ll be a pleasure to see some old folks like him back.

I’d love to see him back as well. Miss those interesting posts by @saroya.

Drive Safe,
350Z
@Sam Dinkar

Dear sir, where have you been, and for sooooo long??
You may not remember me but for me you were the first person to welcome me on this forum. That meant a lot to me, then and even now!!
I was really missing you ,and had been asking around as can be seen in my quotes above.
Its today only that I was pleasantly surprised to see your post on Ashwin (DEViANCE ) bullet thread!
Welcome back with very warm wishes.

Last edited:

Top Bottom