Hello Everybody.

Thread Starter #1
I started my journey in 1982, once I bacame 18 years old enough to drive. Soon I acquired my first enfield 200 motorbike from my elder brother. My other friends also had their bikes. We used to drive for long distances and sometimes we would do dirt biking.Then came new Yamaha 350 cc bike in 1983 and I was the 8th person in India to acquire it.

My quest for speed and off roading habit was satisfied a bit with it.
Meanwhile I bought Fiat Padmini and soon Maruti 800 but not satisfied. Ibought Gypsy in 1988 and soon life was off track again, in meanwhile I got married and things started to settle down a bit. In 1998 after my second child, sold off Gypsy because getting in and out was pain for rear passengers and settled for Fiat Uno and in 2003 exchanged it with Palio, after that bought my second car in 2006, a Maruti Wagan R.

Things were ok until recently but after my quest for new car in 2008, I started searching for new car, then I came to know about Fiat will be launching few new cars in 2008 and 2009 and also learnt that they will show case these cars in 'Auto Expo' to be held in Delhi very soon and boy it was as it is was famous for the launch of Tata NAno. however after managing VIP passes from JUGAD , here i was in Tata Fiat pavilion. oh boy oh almost crowded till out side, even during business hours, think other people must have also had JUGAD for VIP passes. Never the less got in there after some time. As you enter, you are greeted with host of flash lights and some exquisite beauties from Italy, a land of fashion and beauty. I checked the beauty, I was intersted in and also the beauty standing on the podium along side, took some photos with mobile and came home after ceeing Nano in the same Hall.

Here search began on the net after that and eagerly waiting for the same beauty by everyday getting some news or views of the car and its features etc.

Meanwhile delay and delay in launch and more frustration, finally the big day arrived and prices were announced. I was in shock to know the price 689000 Rs ex showroom for E pack petrol because I was expecting around 9 lacs. I was on my feet to check it in flash to ABS motors Gurgoan. True of all Bhpeans that I had more Knowledge than sales persons there.

Initially I was intersted in diesel but given my monthly running of 500 Km and difference of on road price of almost 125000 Rs between petrol and diesel, decided to go for petrol. I had to wait for almost 15 days for test drive becuase petrol test drive cars came late as you all know.
Once the taste drive car came to dealer, he called me to come and test drive. Thats done, I gave him deposit of Rs. 25000. Delivery was promised in month time, meanwhile had to go through loan formalities. Dealer asked to summit papers and said, they will take care of loan through Bank of Patiala.

The Bank was to slow to move and finally came the answer, loan is disapproved. I was in tatters, then I went to my bank "Union bank of India" in Connaught place branch. Sr. manager promptly gave me their loan disbursement departments address and also phone number of concerned person. It was close to my home, therefore I straight away went and met the officer. This person was very gentle and asked me few questions related to my account in the bank and asked me to wait for 5 minutes. After few minutes he returned with smile and announced, Mr. XYZ get your papers any time, we will approve within 72 hours.

Meanwhile the car had come to dealer but waiting for the loan to be approved. Finally on third day I got my cheque and called the dealer to be ready for delivery. Around 4 pm. on 6th March I drove home my new bride in minimal grey.

About the car, its got every thing for me. It will be very hard for me to find any fault in it. One intersting thing i found is that you can pick it from 2nd gear itself and that's what I do, for me 1st gear is for uphill area only, I don't find any jerk in 2nd gear rather it starts moving as soon as you release the clucht.

Most of time, it's my wife who is driving it and for very short distances, her average speed is around 18 to 20 Kmph and driving style is more of cluchting or picking at very high Rpm, Therefore it gives her only around 10 Kmpl but whenever I drive it, gives me anything between 13 to 16 in the city because ofmy light footing style now a days. Yet to go on long drives.

I have got my 1st service done at 2200 Km after 3 months. Fiat was tracking me all the time and even they send their driver to pick and drop the car. Minor issues are like quarter glass window's chrome strip came off, rest is fine till day. I haven't yet visited TASS.

Accessories: PU leather seat covers, reverse parking camera, LLumar diamond sun films and floor mat

350Z

Core Team
Cartoos, Excellent write up there! The Linea is surely my most preferred car in segment and I’m already for a hunt in car market. Now I’m glad we have a Linea owner from whom I can at least expect a detailed ownership report, though you have already given us a quick preview but I’d definitely like read about all the joys and troubles you’ve spent with your car yet. And, Oh I missed, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to The Autmotive India cartoos. Nice introduction. Do create a seperate thread of your ride where you can put some picture of her. Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
Akash

Thread Starter #5
Cartoos, Excellent write up there! The Linea is surely my most preferred car in segment and I’m already for a hunt in car market. Now I’m glad we have a Linea owner from whom I can at least expect a detailed ownership report, though you have already given us a quick preview but I’d definitely like read about all the joys and troubles you’ve spent with your car yet. And, Oh I missed, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks, I will write detailed report with some pics and FE.
Thanks RSM, Akash.
Do you think saperate thread for Linea should be there ?

Hey Cartoos. Nice seeing you in this forum too.
Welcome here. This is a real hospitable and involving forum.
And please, do review your Linea!

Welcome to TAI Cartoos.[:)]

And moving the vehicle from 2nd gear is not a good idea, As there will be tremendous load on Engine as well as your clutch plate.
There would be a premature failure of clutch.
Why don't you move from 1st gear?

Yes post your ownership report as well in the Ownership report Section , & create a new thread.

Happy & Safe Motoring, Buckle up always.

Hey cartoos! Welcome to TAI. Quite a catchy username you have there. Hope you enjoy your journey here with all of us. And yes please, please let us know more about the Italian temptress! [;)]

Thread Starter #15
Thanks Mukeshus, Surendar and amaan1994.
I will write ore about the car very soon.
Arkin Young, yes you are right its ACI. I hope that this Forum progresses well with more and more members and with unbiased views.

Top Bottom