Height Adjustable Driver Seat Mechanism Retrofit in Maruti Ignis

Thread Starter #1
Retrofitted height adjustable driver seat in Maruti Suzuki Ignis Delta AMT.

Motive

When I test driven the ignis amt I found height of driver seat to its maximum is very comfortable and visibility improves alot (they used to give top variant vehicle for test drive.) The sad part is only top variant zeta is equipped with height adjustable driver seat. Finally I decided to go for delta amt due to budget constraint.

On the day one with my car I felt missing heigh seating position so I began researching for a fix. There were two options for me either go for permenent heigh increasing options saw in youtube videos but I decided not to go for it. The second option is replacing parts needed for height adjustment from alpha variant and I began researching for it.

The parts needed are as follows :

1. Seat rail
2. Height adjusting lever
3. Screws
4. Height adjusting lever cover
5. Trim needed in rhs to replace old one
6. Rhs rail trim

I began seaching how to procure the parts and I contacted a person from delhi and he quoted ₹6000 rail,lever,cover,rhs trim.

I began searching for part numbers and searched in boodmo for the parts. My friend in nexa helped me in getting correct part number as per my VIN number.

Ordered parts in boodmo and got rail after 20 days.

Challenges faced

1. Only rail delivered after 20 days rest items were backorder. So I ordered from parts dealer
2. Reclining lever got damaged while removing so ordered again.
3. Seat cushion and cover are slightly different from alpha variant and I failed to get part number to order but we can do small jugaad like cutting small part of it and tieing it.Anyway I am thinking of doing seat covers by removing OE cover and adding under thigh support so decided not to order OE seatcover and cushion.

Removal and installation procedure:

I did it by myself and anyone can do it if you are interested in DIYs or seek help from a accessory guy.

• Remove four T40 (I guess) bolts
• Remove plug connection.
• Take out seat and place it over a suitable table.
• Remove Reclining lever by pulling it outwards (lock may damage)
• Remove two bolts (17mm i guess) RHS
• Remove trim in lhs and remove 10 mm bolt
• Gently remove seat backrest by pulling it right side (pay attention to plastic washer in lhs not to damage it while pulling)
• Remove seat cover with cushion and install in new frame
• Remove and install seat belt buckle with wiring to new frame
• Remove outside trim of recliner and install new trim which is different in design after installing recliner in new frame
• Install height adjustment lever by fixing two screws
• Install cover of lever
• Rest install in reverse order

Attaching the part number and price of the parts needed for this mod:

1. Frame. 85103 M66R21 ₹3734
2. Height adjusting lever 85213M62R20-5PK ₹129
3. Lever cover 85214M68PB0-5PK ₹18
4. Two Screws for lever 09132M05065 ₹3 each
5. Trim 85221M62R20-5PK ₹40
6. Rail trim 85244M66R00-5PK ₹90

The following parts may damage while: removing. Better to order these too

1. Reclining lever 85211M62R00-5PK ₹37
2. Reclining trim inside 85222M68P00-5PK ₹30

Bonus Tip:

Please unbox product from boodmo.com by recording video and unbox within return period. I unboxed after return period ended.Item reached my home and I reached home weeks after the arrival of parts. The seat frame was rusted. I had similar experience when I ordered brake disk for my figo three years back.

Attachments

Retrofitted height adjustable driver seat in ignis delta amt

Motive
When I test driven the ignis amt I found height of driver seat to its maximum is very comfortable and visibility improves alot (they used to give top variant vehicle for test drive.) The sad part is only top variant zeta is equipped with height adjustable driver seat.
Finally I decided to go for delta amt due to budget constrain.

On the day one with my car I felt missing heigh seating position so I began researching for a fix. There were two options for me either go for permenent heigh increasing options saw in youtube videos but I decided not to go for it. The second option is replacing parts needed for height adjustment from alpha variant and I began researching for it.
The parts needed are as follows :
1. Seat rail
2. Height adjusting lever
3. Screws
4. Height adjusting lever cover
5. Trim needed in rhs to replace old one
6. Rhs rail trim

I began seaching how to procure the parts and I contacted a person from delhi and he quoted ₹6000 rail,lever,cover,rhs trim.

I began searching for part numbers and searched in boodmo for the parts. My friend in nexa helped me in getting correct part number as per my VIN number.
Ordered parts in boodmo and got rail after 20 days.

Challenges faced
1. Only rail delivered after 20 days rest items were backorder. So I ordered from parts dealer
2. Reclining lever got damaged while removing so ordered again.
3. Seat cushion and cover are slightly different from alpha variant and I failed to get part number to order but we can do small jugaad like cutting small part of it and tieing it.Anyway I am thinking of doing seat covers by removing OE cover and adding under thigh support so decided not to order OE seatcover and cushion.

Removal and installation procedure :
since I was a Mercedes certified maintenance technician I did it by myself anyone can do if you are interested in diys or seek help from a accessory guy.
• Remove four T40 (I guess)bolts
• Remove plug connection.
• Take out seat and place it over a suitable table.
• Remove Reclining lever by pulling it outwards (lock may damage)
• Remove two bolts (17mm i guess) RHS
• Remove trim in lhs and remove 10 mm bolt
• Gently remove seat backrest by pulling it right side (pay attention to plastic washer in lhs not to damage it while pulling)
• Remove seat cover with cushion and install in new frame
• Remove and install seat belt buckle with wiring to new frame
• Remove outside trim of recliner and install new trim which is different in design after installing recliner in new frame
• Install height adjustment lever by fixing two screws
• Install cover of lever
• Rest install in reverse order

Attaching the part number and price of the parts needed for this mod:
1. Frame. 85103 M66R21 ₹3734
2. Height adjusting lever 85213M62R20-5PK ₹129
3. Lever cover 85214M68PB0-5PK ₹18
4. Two Screws for lever 09132M05065 ₹3 each
5. Trim 85221M62R20-5PK ₹40
6. Rail trim 85244M66R00-5PK ₹90

The following parts may damage while: removing. Better to order these too

1. Reclining lever 85211M62R00-5PK ₹37
2. Reclining trim inside 85222M68P00-5PK ₹30

Bonus tip:
please unbox product from boodmo.com by recording video and unbox within return period. I unboxed after return period ended.Item reached my home and I reached home weeks after the arrival of parts. The seat frame was rusted. I had similar experience when I ordered brake disk for my figo three years back.
Hi,
This is exactly what even i was looking for so many days.
My only concern here is, will these parts work for my 2017 Ignis Zeta model also.
Please help so that i will order the parts asap.

Awaiting your confirmation.

Thanks
Rohan

Thread Starter #3
Yes Rohan, It will be suitable for all all ignis irrespective of manufacturing year. The only problem is seat cushion cover will be different as I mentioned in the post. But you can use the old cushion.

Thread Starter #7
What I did is I researched a lot before finalising. Research whether jimnis seat is shared by any other suzuki cars and if it is there, then things are pretty simple or please wait I am sure that those Delhi guys will come you with a solution as Jimny gonna be selling in plenty.

If you need a permanent height increasing setup, then there are many videos in youtube for that. But I won't recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom