Heart vs Brain: Punto vs Figo - Booked Punto

Welcome to The Automotive India, Ashtek. And congratulations for the group buy. It’s a wonderful idea indeed which has managed to fetch a great deal overall. Do take a look at the following two useful threads:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-decoding-vehicle-information-number-vin.html
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you 350Z, it has a lot of useful information on PDI. Very handy for buyers.

Congratulations Azad , to be honest i don't like this color though. I hope the gap you are mentioning is nothing much serious.

Thanks!
We got an additional discount of 10K for group booking apart from free insurance, 10K cash discount, 7k corporate discount, 6.5k fuel voucher, basic accessories (mat, mud flaps...), sun film and reverse parking sensor at discount price.

Fantastic forum and lot of helpful owners/ people on Punto queries.

My first post on this forum.

Sounds like a very good bargain. where did you get this bargain in bangalore. Myself and 2 or maybe 3 of my friends would form a group and book a Punto if we get something similar. Is the free fuel vouchers still on as the official discounts are 10K cash+ free insurance+ Road side assistance+ exchange bonus.

One of my friends was talking about a referral bonus or something like that. Is it there for the Punto.

I will buy the 90 Bhp Punto but waiting for better discounts.

Have queries on ICE setup and other accessories which i shall post later.

350Z

Core Team
Fantastic forum and lot of helpful owners/ people on Punto queries.

My first post on this forum.

I will buy the 90 Bhp Punto but waiting for better discounts.

Have queries on ICE setup and other accessories which i shall post later.
Welcome to The Automotive India, Muni. And congratulations in advance. Just search our ICE section and you will find some helpful threads related to Punto. Meanwhile, also check this one out: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/3318-my-punto-90-hp-iced.html#post68426. Have a pleasant stay on board. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

@muni
We booked from KHT motors. Fuel vouchers are discontinued now. When you all are ready to buy, if you are interested, I can refer you to them. I have spoken to the MD (kht motors) couple of times and he knows me now.

Very simple. If your heart is set on it, go for the Punto. Be prepared for the terrible quality of parts, pathetic after sales service, frequent niggles, zero customer support, and non-available spare parts. One of my friends has booked a test drive of the Punto multiple times but no one has bothered to revert back. So you can guess - a company that has such an attitude even before it has sold a car, what would it do once the car has been sold - what you are in for. The only reason to buy the Punto is for it's dynamics, so go for it only if you will be on the highway more often than not. There are much better cars available (with the same engine!) for lesser amount of money than the Punto. If it were a good product with good company support, it would be selling well no?
Also remember that Punto EVO would be launched in Jan '12 and so the resale value of the present model Punto would go down like anything.

As far as the Figo is concerned, as a product, it would be a safer bet than the Punto (the TDCi is selling very well). There are no major problems with the car and the Titanium version could be had at a much lesser price than the top end Punto (it sure has lesser features, but all features work!). Ford after sales is a hit-or-miss affair, but it certainly ain't as bad as Tata/Fiat.

However, all said and done, if the heart says Punto, go for it.

Last edited:
Congrats on your Punto. However, if there are two E's on the Active, I am highly doubtful that such an error could have been made at the factory end. Please go itno details and check for the VIn and Form 22 to ensure that you have not been allotted some accident damage car/lemon.

Congrats on your Punto. However, if there are two E's on the Active, I am highly doubtful that such an error could have been made at the factory end. Please go itno details and check for the VIn and Form 22 to ensure that you have not been allotted some accident damage car/lemon.
I agree with you Sam. With Fiat anything can happen. One should be utterly cautious while dealing with Fiat or Tata (for Fiat) for that matter. Product is good but careless approach is killing it. [frustration]

The first fault found during our PDI..

View attachment 27347

An extra 'E'.. Complained and got it removed!! Rest everything was fine..

I think the left front door gap may got introduced after they put central locking system, am not sure!!
Please guys help me out..[cry]
OMG..this is a blunner..it happen in India only..if FIAT in Italy comes to know of these..they will be devastated...I will go and check my car today too [shock]

Top Bottom