Heart Over Mind: Hyundai i20 or Volkswagen Polo? (Booked i20)

Re: Heart over mind, Hyundai i20 or VW Polo?

Are you sure? For the Polo Petrol even the very first service is at 15,000kms or a year. Does the diesel version have a different service interval?
No, i was talking about the TDI, not sure about the petrol versions.

AFAIK Polo be it petrol or diesel has the service interval of 15k KMS or 1 year only. No free services as such like Maruti and Hyundai.

My Verna's service interval is 10k KMS or 6 months whichever comes earlier.

So lets put it up like this

Hyndai i20:

hyundai-i20.gif

Pros:

-> Urban looks
-> Good build quality
-> Powerful crdi engine
-> Many features
-> Spacious
-> eye candy Interiors
-> ASS
-> FE

cons:

-> Inflated price tag
-> Ride quality
-> Handling
-> Some rattling issues

VW POLO

vw_polo_2009__06_1280x960-450x337.jpg

pros:

-> Solid build quality
-> Killer looks(best in class)
-> Good Comfort
-> Excellent Handling
-> Good FE
-> Good boot space
-> Interior quality (plastic quality)

cons:

-> Rear Space
-> Engine doesn't look impressive on paper
-> over priced
-> Less features (compared to the competition)
-> Not the best ASS (Even if its good, you wont find many)

So here goes the result

Engine Power: i20 (thought practically polo has good power delivery, i20 still has an edge)
Handling : Polo
Comfort : Polo
Space : i20
Interior : draw ( i20 has more features with good quality plastics, polo has a standard interiors with better quality plastics)
Features : i20
Gear shift quality : Polo
FE : draw
ASS : i20
Price: i20(both are overpriced , but i20 looks like a better deal for the features)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
The Polo only needs a service every 15,000 Kms or a year. You'll have to travel 200 Kms for service in 15000Kms or a year. I dont think it's much of a problem.

Plus they have a facility to pick up the car, if you have a breakdown or crash. The charges for transit by a car breakdown carrier is I believe 20 rupees for a kilometer. They dont tow the car, But lift and carry it on a flat bed truck.

And do you think any dealer would say anything negative about something he has on sale?
hmm it's truth about every dealer..
i know about 15000 kms interval. in my thinking like 3months or for 5months for check up after 3000 or 5000 kms should i visit[confused]?

So lets put it up like this

Price: i20(both are overpriced , but i20 looks like a better deal for the features)
thanks for everything bro.
you know i like to have pleasure of driving.. confused between this both. both waiting period are same 3months.[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Re: Heart Over Mind: Hyundai i20 or Volkswagen Polo?

guys what should i do now, i can wait if punto will come with face lift by adding lineas interior to punto, es't this rumor's folks are spreading? more i like punto. whenever i see her my mind turns to heart, fabulous road presence.
i had mail to CEO of fiat.. he said it will take a time for it, even i asked should i wait for this Diwali after that i din got any answer & dropping of sales this month? are they serious in india? even jaydev is suffering about is car, recently made up accident, i feel so bad of her beauty. things got pathetic while seeing numbers of fiat sold. and bad & worst service issues & for parts i have to wait?
guys even vw has same reputation about parts availability?

No when it comes to Polo's servicing first service itself is only after a year , no free services or check-ups required anytime before that.

Punto facelift i think its not going to come any soon. Polo is very new to the market still so cant comment on the spares availability for now.

The cars which you have considered , each one has its own negatives , its upto you decide which you can tolerate better!

i20: Poor handling at high speeds , steering rattle and poor AC.

Polo: Maintenance costs are highest of these three cars. In your case dealership is far from your home which is also a negative.

Punto: TATA'S poor A.S.S may ruin your car!

i would go for the polo. the drive quality is far better.the interior although the features are lesser than i20 the plastics are better.

Considering your requirements I think you should go for the Polo especially cause you drive more on highways that too at higher speeds. Even though a facelifted Punto arrives, you will still suffer from bad A.S.S. and its resale value will remain low.

HI even i am confused between i20 & polo
recently i went to polo showroom in delhi they are offering free amc worth rs19000
which is amazing deal i hope its also available in ur city too just

where as there is no offers in i20
even with offers of polo is still expensive highline 1.6 petrol otr is 680000 with abs / alloywheels / keyles entry / music system

where as 1.2 petrol i20 asta otr is 635000 with all the above features of polo highline

apart from handling driveability of both polo n i20 are approx same

ofcourse there is no rattling problem in polo but there is problem of front power window jam / also there is noise engine in polo

i would suggest u for polo as long as they are offering free 3years amc
else go for i20

for diesel variants
go for i20 simply because its 1.4 engine beter then 1.2 engine in polo

Thread Starter #26

No when it comes to Polo's servicing first service itself is only after a year , no free services or check-ups required anytime before that.

Punto facelift i think its not going to come any soon. Polo is very new to the market still so cant comment on the spares availability for now.

The cars which you have considered , each one has its own negatives , its upto you decide which you can tolerate better!

i20: Poor handling at high speeds , steering rattle and poor AC.

Polo: Maintenance costs are highest of these three cars. In your case dealership is far from your home which is also a negative.

Punto: TATA'S poor A.S.S may ruin your car!
thanks cool daya.. i wasn't well and sorry for late reply am planing out it now.. rresearch is going on... confused with arival new swift, 1n of my relative confirm me.. new swift specious and all blaa blaa..[confused]

Thread Starter #27

for diesel variants
go for i20 simply because its 1.4 engine beter then 1.2 engine in polo
thanks diwesh..
i know i20 its better then polo.. my dad been to hubli vw showroom from my place 100 km away, my dad is e'snt happy with their attitude.. they made my dad to wait for an 3hours, it this gonna help vw? huh piseed off.... finally dropped out..

Thread Starter #28

HI even i am confused between i20 & polo
recently i went to polo showroom in delhi they are offering free amc worth rs19000
which is amazing deal i hope its also available in ur city too just

where as there is no offers in i20
even with offers of polo is still expensive highline 1.6 petrol otr is 680000 with abs / alloywheels / keyles entry / music system

where as 1.2 petrol i20 asta otr is 635000 with all the above features of polo highline

apart from handling driveability of both polo n i20 are approx same

ofcourse there is no rattling problem in polo but there is problem of front power window jam / also there is noise engine in polo

i would suggest u for polo as long as they are offering free 3years amc
else go for i20
its only for petrol.. i need diesel car.. and i dropped vw.. reason i really hate their attitude towards customers, my dad i really felt so much depression. what they think. they have brand badge? this wont help, to much is to bad they are going.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

everything is plane now. now guys, rate of interest is on high, it's my personal opinion, coz am gonna buy a car, for my family. we sold my fly Honda city already.. am planning to buy them hatch. will you ply help me out now. all car's have negative & positive response.
now its i20,
punto i love this car a lot. damn not happy with tata ass.

now added new swift?
help please.

Last edited by a moderator:

hey gagi i think you are very much confused! i will say wait for new swift or go with i20 if you are doubting on TASS!!

Top Bottom