Headlights Upgradation for Figo

In normal beam,,brightness is poor ,,,and when we pull up the indicator liver ( Dipper On),the brightness is good ,,,so is it possible to keep the dipper On all the time ,.
thats a bad practice as holding the indicator liver (dipper on) will light up both filament (read as long and short) of the bulb, running using it for a long period will lead to fuse the bulb completely

i used to go long drives in night even did 450 kms trip on night and almost 100 kms in rain,

fog lamps are the only help i got, head lamps focus is bad, in positive words due to poor light throw i never crossed 80 kmph during the trip and that treats me a lot with low fuel consumption (returned 21 kmpl with AC)

Last edited:
Has anyone upgraded the 2012 model Figo headlamps ? I am getting mixed reactions.
Many says- prior to 2012 models upgrading the bulbs with 90/100 ratings bulbs did not help due to poor reflector design
Rest says - after 2012, the reflector design has changed and with 90/100 bulbs its definitely an improvement.

Can anyone comment on this who has already done the change ( with relay and ceramin holders) ?

Thread Starter #18
Thought of initiating a new thread on this and when I searched on net, found one and oops, the thread is actually mine... [lol] Funny isn't it? Yeah, it happens OK!

Well, I am free from slavery now. Yup, done with warranty as on 4th Mar and now can do anything I want.

I heard, Philips Essential Vision 90/100 works better. Any idea about it?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thought of initiating a new thread on this and when I searched on net, found one and oops, the thread is actually mine... [lol] Funny isn't it? Yeah, it happens OK!

Well, I am free from slavery now. Yup, done with warranty as on 4th Mar and now can do anything I want.

I heard, Philips Essential Vision 90/100 works better. Any idea about it?
Hello Mr Figo!
I have done quite a bit of Headlight mods and would be pleased to help here (Albeit a little late). From your Wordings, What you seem to like is QUAD beam.That is The Dipper (low beams) are forced on along with the High beams. I have done this on my jeep and Previously on my safari.

Ya with me?
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-yourself-Powerful-LED-Off-road-lights-headli/

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-10.html#post350436

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-LED-Car-Grille-Glow-Lights/

Just some brain food.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Hello Mr Figo!
I have done quite a bit of Headlight mods and would be pleased to help here (Albeit a little late). From your Wordings, What you seem to like is QUAD beam.That is The Dipper (low beams) are forced on along with the High beams. I have done this on my jeep and Previously on my safari.

Ya with me?
DIY Sports Car LED headlights

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-10.html#post350436

DIY LED Car Grille Glow Lights

Just some brain food.
Amazing works bhvm. Thanks for sharing.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Amazing works bhvm. Thanks for sharing.
Im Glad you liked. These are Extreme and Expensive examples from an LED freak like me[evil]. For you, i may suggest a more subtle route.

So you got your Figo lamps sorted or you want another discussion about it?

Thread Starter #23
You can upgrade to new Headlamp Assembly as in Figo 2013. I don't think so there is any change in slots, Nuts & bolts.
Not sure whether it's possible to get the new assembly to the old slots. Yet, they aren't any better. Have checked it personally too.

Im Glad you liked. These are Extreme and Expensive examples from an LED freak like me[evil]. For you, i may suggest a more subtle route.

So you got your Figo lamps sorted or you want another discussion about it?
Of course, yes. My options would be cost effective always.

Not even started yet. I am in research phase right now and so far been suggested with Phillips Essential Vision 90/100.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Not sure whether it's possible to get the new assembly to the old slots. Yet, they aren't any better. Have checked it personally too.

Not even started yet. I am in research phase right now and so far been suggested with Phillips Essential Vision 90/100.
I would NOT suggest going for High wattage Bulbs, These affect the Reflectors, Wiring and battery. They're also blinding to oncomers!

Have you thought about adding external driving lights or Fog lamps?
Would you elaborate what exactly the problems are you facing?

Thread Starter #25
I would NOT suggest going for High wattage Bulbs, These affect the Reflectors, Wiring and battery. They're also blinding to oncomers!
Agreed. I want a safe upgradation, at the same time, not offending others.

Have you thought about adding external driving lights or Fog lamps?
I am fine with other options too. Right now, I am with stock Head Lights and Fog Lights.

Would you elaborate what exactly the problems are you facing?
Illumination with stock set up isn't effective, even after adding OE Fog Lamps. It's manageable for city but not for highways. The beam / throw, spread, coverage and brightness are bad. In short, I can see my car's own shadow ahead, when another vehicle is lit from behind [frustration]

You can ask the FORD service engineers for fitment of NEW in OLD slot. The new headlamp reflector is bigger and of better quality.

Similar kind of problem was there in my IKON, so the service engineer ask me to bring my car in evening when there is a little dark. He parked a another IKON next to mine on the trial road at TALERA-Ford Pune and then adjusted the High/Low beam level and verified the newer assembly which I have fitted has higher output as compared to the another IKON.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Agreed. I want a safe upgradation, at the same time, not offending others.

I am fine with other options too. Right now, I am with stock Head Lights and Fog Lights.

Illumination with stock set up isn't effective, even after adding OE Fog Lamps. It's manageable for city but not for highways. The beam / throw, spread, coverage and brightness are bad. In short, I can see my car's own shadow ahead, when another vehicle is lit from behind [frustration]
1) Great.

2) Are you with stock 60/55W Bulbs? If so, Try Phlips DiamondVision/ Extreme vision or Osram Nightbreakers. They're Plug and play. And same wattage so No Wiring Required. Mind you, the improvements are OK OK. Cost is 1.2k

3) What speeds are you usually driving on the Highway? Any amounts of lamps will be unsatisfactory if you're 100~120 and Above. Try driving at 80~90.

4)Other options come in the form of LED headlamps, HID Kits and Extra driving lamps.

Thread Starter #28
You can ask the FORD service engineers for fitment of NEW in OLD slot. The new headlamp reflector is bigger and of better quality.

Similar kind of problem was there in my IKON, so the service engineer ask me to bring my car in evening when there is a little dark. He parked a another IKON next to mine on the trial road at TALERA-Ford Pune and then adjusted the High/Low beam level and verified the newer assembly which I have fitted has higher output as compared to the another IKON.
That's a clever gesture by Talera.

However, I didn't like the new HL design. IMO, it spoiled the whole look of Figo.

1) Great.

2) Are you with stock 60/55W Bulbs? If so, Try Phlips DiamondVision/ Extreme vision or Osram Nightbreakers. They're Plug and play. And same wattage so No Wiring Required. Mind you, the improvements are OK OK. Cost is 1.2k

3) What speeds are you usually driving on the Highway? Any amounts of lamps will be unsatisfactory if you're 100~120 and Above. Try driving at 80~90.

4)Other options come in the form of LED headlamps, HID Kits and Extra driving lamps.

Yes, I am on stock 65/60 ones. As you mentioned, I too heard, the other bulbs of the same wattage are just marginally better, but not much great to talk about.

Thinking of Phillips Essential Vision 100/90.

bhvm

Honoured Member

However, I didn't like the new HL design. IMO, it spoiled the whole look of Figo.

Yes, I am on stock 65/60 ones. As you mentioned, I too heard, the other bulbs of the same wattage are just marginally better, but not much great to talk about.

Why don't you think of H4 Bi-X HID kit in 35W or 55w? Bunch of more light!

Get Philips Rally Vision with Roots / Hella wiring harness and relay which comes with ceramic holders. On longer run, this might fade the reflectors a bit. However I am using the setup on my Ritz from 3+ years without any issues.
However as bhvm said, they are good upto 80-90 speeds.

Why don't you think of H4 Bi-X HID kit in 35W or 55w? Bunch of more light!
Xenon's in regular reflector in Bangalore is a cop magnet. Per new rule effective 01 April 2014, any traffic violations might lead to DL suspension for 3 months or permanent ! [frustration]

Top Bottom