Headlights Upgradation for Figo

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

Hope many of you would have heard about the poor Head Lights of Figo. This is really frustrating and very risky as well… Ford promised earlier in June 2011 that they are coming up new headlights…[clap] But no clue yet….[frustration]

Does anyone have any reasonable upgrade suggestions with no void to warranty?

Thanx – Figoian.

What about changing the bulb?
Will it void the warranty?
If the bulb is having the same wattage as the stock one,then a relay is not needed.Its just plug and play.Normally its 55/60W,I suppose.
So you can go for philips Crystal Vision,diamond vision or even essential vision.There are many other brands also.
Auxiliary lights can also be used.

Just have a look at this thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-parts/2723-auxiliary-lights-maruti-alto.html

What about changing the bulb?
Will it void the warranty?
If the bulb is having the same wattage as the stock one,then a relay is not needed.Its just plug and play.Normally its 55/60W,I suppose.
So you can go for philips Crystal Vision,diamond vision or even essential vision.There are many other brands also.
Auxiliary lights can also be used.

Just have a look at this thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-parts/2723-auxiliary-lights-maruti-alto.html

people already tried that option {changing the bulb} too, some of them changed to 100/90 with relay setup event that doesn't help much as the fault is on the reflector

Last edited:
Then there are 2 other options.
One,you can add auxiliary lights,as I've told earlier.

Second option is to fit a projector setup.Bolt on projectors can be fitted as aftermarket headlights are not easily available for figo.And you can use HIDs too.Contact vinie for more details.

Cheers.
Hope that helps.[:D]

Hi All

Hope many of you would have heard about the poor Head Lights of Figo. This is really frustrating and very risky as well… Ford promised earlier in June 2011 that they are coming up new headlights…[clap] But no clue yet….[frustration]

Does anyone have any reasonable upgrade suggestions with no void to warranty?

Thanx – Figoian.
Hi Figoian, I've booked my figo and i too planning for some upgrade.
Dealer showed me some set of bulbs for upgrade.
Not sure if it will solve the problem.

Thread Starter #8
Hi Figoian, I've booked my figo and i too planning for some upgrade.
Dealer showed me some set of bulbs for upgrade.
Not sure if it will solve the problem.
Hi HunterChase: First of all, Welcome to Figo Family... [cheers]

I don’t think changing bulbs would yield any great results. Many tried it and not very happy. Other prevailing opinion is that the reflector as the culprit... But not very sure.

Then there are 2 other options.
One,you can add auxiliary lights,as I've told earlier.

Second option is to fit a projector setup.Bolt on projectors can be fitted as aftermarket headlights are not easily available for figo.And you can use HIDs too.Contact vinie for more details.

Cheers.
Hope that helps.[:D]
Hi ACMohan: Ford confirms that adding Aux Lights or Projector Headlamps will void the warranty.[clap]

Well are you sure that adding even 100/90W bulbs does not produce any improvement?

Then you have no other option other than switching to Projectors with HID'S or Auxiliary lights. Will your warranty get void even if you fit the auxiliary lights at the dealership? You buy those lights and ask the dealer to fix it.

Thread Starter #10
Update: Changed to the new bulbs available with Ford Dealership. It just gives a very marginal difference compared to the older one, yet better. Can't expect anything more I should say. However, the throw or focus remains the same, may be the culprit Reflector.

I guess, Fog Lamps and New Bulbs will make things better. Thinking of adding fogs now, but seems quite expensive (Rs. 3,200) with the dealership.

For someone looking for the brand of the new bulbs, it's Philips 60/55 whereas the older ones were Helonix 60/55.

Hi All,
i just installed with Philips xtrem 60/55W for 900 from reliance Autozone,tolichowki,Hyderabad for my Figo

As there is only one beam in figo,,,upgrading to Philips dnt do any magics....its just ok compared to the OEM ones....
i can see the brightness is good when we on dipper ,,is there any way to modify some thing like Dipper is on Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As there is only one beam in figo,,,

i can see the brightness is good when we on dipper ,,is there any way to modify some thing like Dipper is on Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't understand your statement. Can you please explain in detail?

In normal beam,,brightness is poor ,,,and when we pull up the indicator liver ( Dipper On),the brightness is good ,,,so is it possible to keep the dipper On all the time ,.

In normal beam,,brightness is poor ,,,and when we pull up the indicator liver ( Dipper On),the brightness is good ,,,so is it possible to keep the dipper On all the time ,.
You mean to say Low beam throw is poor and high beam is good enough?
Sorry, still couldn't get you.

Top Bottom