Hawk on Prowl To North Kerala (Payyanur - Kannur - Muzhapilangad - Thalassery)

There is an option where in by default MMI is set to shortest route preference.

If there is one way or no entry, its quick enough to reroute to nearest route.

There are other routes to avoid toll booth etc, but i have not changed the settings.

It helped us a lot while we were returning from S.T.Angelo fort, it took us to the highway from shortest route and we were on highway in no time.
just wanted to add that after a drive on the drive in beach or any beach you must get your vehicle jet washed immediately to flush out the sand and salt water . they are known to severly corrode the belly of the vehicle if left unattended.

Thread Starter #17
just wanted to add that after a drive on the drive in beach or any beach you must get your vehicle jet washed immediately to flush out the sand and salt water . they are known to severly corrode the belly of the vehicle if left unattended.
Thanks for your concern, Edwin.

As a precautionary measure, we didn't do Water splashing in beach.

We were on sand and enjoyed our drive to maximum extent over half an hour.

And the car was left for Service after this long drive of ours.

Nice to see this post...a few days before my plan to visit Kannur [:D]
Will be in Kannur over the weekend of 28,29 Apr 2012.

I'll be driving in from BLR...in my Polo - BlackWarrior [glasses]
Any suggestions from anyone on the road conditions from Blr to Kannur will be helpful.
The return trip we're choosing will be thru Nagarhole forest reserve, via Mananthavady.

@jihu123 - Any suggestions on if we can get a dolphin watch boat ride into the sea?

Nice to see this post...a few days before my plan to visit Kannur [:D]
Will be in Kannur over the weekend of 28,29 Apr 2012.

Any suggestions from anyone on the road conditions from Blr to Kannur will be helpful.
The return trip we're choosing will be thru Nagarhole forest reserve, via Mananthavady.

@jihu123 - Any suggestions on if we can get a dolphin watch boat ride into the sea?
i am a regular on road from kannur to hyderabad via bangalore. the route which is shortest , 24 hrs open is bangalore-ramanagaram-mandya-srirangapatam-hunsur-gonnikoppal-irrity-mattanur-kannur.only the stretch from hunsur-gonnikoppal is bad at few places but manageable. you can try kairali resorts at kannur . they have boats for venturing into the sea through the back waters. on your return journey you can see the muttanga wild life santuary near sultan's battery and reach bangalore through mysore. the sightings are better at muttanga forest.preferred time 5pm - 6pm. if you wish to only drive through nagarhole then only note its closed from dusk to dawn.so plan accordingly. enjoy your trip.

Cool. I too went to bangalore with my white polo on 25th Jan & returned back on 28th Jan! It was simply great.

I took this route Bangalore - Srirangapatnam - Hunsur - Gonikkopal - Virajpet - mattanur - Kannur. The Hunsur - Gonikkopal stretch is not in good condition! [frustration]
Or else I heard that this route is good. I am not very sure about this as I haven't been in this route - Srirangapatna-Hunsur-Priyaapatna-Siddapura-Ammathi-Virajpet-Iritty-Mattanur-Kannur.

This must be the route - Mysore-Gundulpet-S.Batheri-Mananthavady-Nidumpoyil-Koothuparamba-Kannur. Heard that this is approx. 90 kms longer!

Sorry, but I don't know about it. Even I didn't see the dolphin here despite being my hometown :tongue: !!
Heard that you could see them at the Ettikulam bay. Need some research on it. Its located at Ezhimala which is 35 kms north of Kannur. The Indian Naval Academy is also located here.

@EDWINERAJ & @Jihu123 - Thanks for all the pointers. Will surely make a note of that and discuss with the co-riders.

@EDWINERAJ - We already made bookings in JungleInn - Nagarhole. Maybe next time i get a chance, i'll make Muttanga.

@Jihu123 - The return route we are currently thinking is
Kannur - Palloor - poothampara - Kallody - Mananthavady - Kutta - Nagarhole - Hunsur - Mysore

@EDWINERAJ & @Jihu123 - Thanks for all the pointers. Will surely make a note of that and discuss with the co-riders.
you are welcome! [:)]

@Jihu123 - The return route we are currently thinking is
Kannur - Palloor - poothampara - Kallody - Mananthavady - Kutta - Nagarhole - Hunsur - Mysore
ok.. this route is good! a bit bumpy ride in some places. So speed is automatically limited. Other than that, its good!

Top Bottom