Hawk on four's on a travel: Bangalore-Mercara(Coorg)-Mangalore-Goa!

Thread Starter #32
The beach in Miramar(Panjim) is the best place for chats.
My cousin insisted for a Maggi, their idea of preparing maggi in that rainy weather was simply amazing.
The Maggi at rainy season was simply irresistible!!

On the way from Kollur
Image0093.jpg

Image0095.jpg
Miramar Beach
Image0112.jpg

Image0113.jpg

Image0114.jpg

350Z

Core Team
How actually is the condition of beaches in Goa? Are they clean enough? Because in first few pictures, it’s looking really nice but on the other, I notice litter spread all around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35
How actually is the condition of beaches in Goa? Are they clean enough? Because in first few pictures, it’s looking really nice but on the other, I notice litter spread all around.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The one where you saw litter is Om beach Gokarna.
Goa's beaches have no such problems.

Thread Starter #36
A few snaps of a Miramar.

While coming from Goa went to Gokarna, A temple of shiva linga which has gone inside the land.
The story is that Ravana had taken Atma linga from Lord Shiva, & ganesha prevented it by changing his identity as Brahmin.
And kept the linga on land which could not be taken by Ravana back & he hit Ganesh's Head.
It is said that the pieces of linga were thrown by ravana in different directions.
So one place is Murdeshwar.

The Gopuram is of murdeshwar Shiva Temple, This reminds me Gopuram of Arunachaleshwara(Thiruvannamalai).
The Gopuram is 120 feet high.
The place is developed completely by R.N.Shetty.

Attachments

Thread Starter #37
Murdeshwar is a nice place which has a beautiful shiva temple.
And a must visit place is the artificial caves on the hill.
Then we came back to Mangalore.
From Mangalore i followed route: Mangalore-B.C.Road-Puttur-Sullia-Sampaje-Madikeri(Coorg)-Mysore(Chamundi Hills)-Bangalore.
The distance covered on ODO was 2100 kms approx .

Chamundi hills was chilly on the day we visited.

Posting some pics.
View Point
1.jpg
Chamundi Hills
2.jpg

030.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Hi Mukesh,

I'm leaving for Bantwal this saturday @ 6:00am. can you pls let me know the best/popular/Important places to visit on the way(say like - Tibetian Golden Temple) after Hunsur. But I need to reach Bantwal before 4-5pm.

And also know if the time i'm leaving Bangalore in the morning is ok?

Great photos buddy! I have been to Chamundi hills once, but its long time now. Did you enjoy the Goa beach? I heard like if you really don't know the place to browse, it will be just crowded?

Thread Starter #43
Hi Mukesh,

I'm leaving for Bantwal this saturday @ 6:00am. can you pls let me know the best/popular/Important places to visit on the way(say like - Tibetian Golden Temple) after Hunsur. But I need to reach Bantwal before 4-5pm.

And also know if the time i'm leaving Bangalore in the morning is ok?
Oh 6 am , It's too early for me.

But if you wan't to explore more places, Its the best time to leave.

You follow this route: Bangalore-Mysore outskirt(Right turn near Columbia Asia),Then comes GRS Park,still you go straight ,then you will get a main signal,Go straight further no deviation. Then if you go straight further you will get infosys. Don't go straight take left one down road will come go straight.
Then if you ask some one the route to Hunsur they will guide you.
Some school will come there you have to take left U turn then the main signal to Mangalore comes( take right turn from that signal) It's the 4 way lane.

That's the superb road.

I think having breakfast at Kamat Upachar is a best idea.

And a halt to Maddur tiffany's as well.

I told you the above route hoping that you are not going to Mysore city.

The places you can visit is Byalukuppe Tibetian monastery.

What i would suggest you is to take left near Koppa as it's the shortest route to the temple .

Because if you take left near Byalukuppe you have to travel more distance to temple.

Koppa comes next after Byalukuppe.

Then comes the Kushal nagar, there you can visit Nisargadhama(Deer park), Nothing special though.

And Abbi falls just a few km before Madikeri.

And do halt for the lunch in East End(The one that comes near HP Petrol Bunk).

If you go beyond 3.30 you may not get a good meal, That's the only best restaurant in Madikeri.

After you come out of East end, go straight and take left near circle, Which leads you to Sampaje-Sullia-Puttur(Take left on the highway , Don't go to city)-Then you get Mane- Kalladka-B.C.Road-Bantwal.

The time i used to take was Bangalore-Mysore-145 kms(2:15 min), Mysore-Madikeri-120kms(2 hrs)-Madikeri-Bantwal(3 hours)
Total: 7 & half hour's.

But the road from madikeri to Samapje has a few potholes.
Which is better compared to Shiradi Ghat.

Last edited:
Oh 6 am , It's too early for me.

But if you wan't to explore more places, Its the best time to leave.

You follow this route: Bangalore-Mysore outskirt(Right turn near Columbia Asia),Then comes GRS Park,still you go straight ,then you will get a main signal,Go straight further no deviation. Then if you go straight further you will get infosys. Don't go straight take left one down road will come go straight.
Then if you ask some one the route to Hunsur they will guide you.
Some school will come there you have to take left U turn then the main signal to Mangalore comes( take right turn from that signal) It's the 4 way lane.

That's the superb road.

I think having breakfast at Kamat Upachar is a best idea.

And a halt to Maddur tiffany's as well.

I told you the above route hoping that you are not going to Mysore city.

The places you can visit is Byalukuppe Tibetian monastery.

What i would suggest you is to take left near Koppa as it's the shortest route to the temple .

Because if you take left near Byalukuppe you have to travel more distance to temple.

Koppa comes next after Byalukuppe.

Then comes the Kushal nagar, there you can visit Nisargadhama(Deer park), Nothing special though.

And Abbi falls just a few km before Madikeri.

And do halt for the lunch in East End(The one that comes near HP Petrol Bunk).

If you go beyond 3.30 you may not get a good meal, That's the only best restaurant in Madikeri.

After you come out of East end, go straight and take left near circle, Which leads you to Sampaje-Sullia-Puttur(Take left on the highway , Don't go to city)-Then you get Mane- Kalladka-B.C.Road-Bantwal.

The time i used to take was Bangalore-Mysore-145 kms(2:15 min), Mysore-Madikeri-120kms(2 hrs)-Madikeri-Bantwal(3 hours)
Total: 7 & half hour's.

But the road from madikeri to Samapje has a few potholes.
Which is better compared to Shiradi Ghat.
Thank you.....Thanks a lot Mukesk. Felt like travelled along with you to Bantwal[:D]

BTW i will not be going to Mysore instead will take a right at Srirangapatna & reach Hunsur through Eliva route.....and Abbi falls i wont bcoz My wife is 7mths pregnant so no falls/trecks.

Anyways thanks again for your info......take care

Thread Starter #45
Thank you.....Thanks a lot Mukesk. Felt like travelled along with you to Bantwal[:D]

BTW i will not be going to Mysore instead will take a right at Srirangapatna & reach Hunsur through Eliva route.....and Abbi falls i wont bcoz My wife is 7mths pregnant so no falls/trecks.

Anyways thanks again for your info......take care
hey f-y thats a good idea taking right just after young island hotel. it passes from ranganathittu.
yes you get a power grid, that's a good route.
i thought you are not familiar with that route.

and bantwal city has been dug up terribly for laying pipes.
so better take the bypass road in b.c.road

Last edited:

Top Bottom