Hawk on a Travel: Bangalore-Chittor-Tirumala (Tirupathi).

Thread Starter #33
Re: Hawk on a Travel: Bangalore-Chittor-Tirumala(Tirupathi).

Mukesh,

why you missed SV zoo park shortcut? if you took this road, it directly leads you to Alapiri without reaching Thirupathi city.
Appu you need not go to that route while coming from bangalore, there is a detour before Tirupathi, which is just 24 kms with lots of left & right.
That too i went from Chittor Bypass, while coming to bangalore i came from the route you mentioned, which comes across Zoo.
When you come out of this route you will get the route for Srinivas Mangapuram.

But this stretch of road is closed while returning to bangalore.

Mukesh,

One quick question for you Bro. I'm heading to Tirupati tomorrow and need to know if the cameras are allowed inside the temple? I saw your pics and guess they are? But can you confirm? I dont want to take my gorilla and all the gear if not allowed? Are there any lockers available for depositing and are they safe to keep the gear?

Also any recommendations on a good hotel stay for a Family?

Thread Starter #36
Mukesh,

One quick question for you Bro. I'm heading to Tirupati tomorrow and need to know if the cameras are allowed inside the temple? I saw your pics and guess they are? But can you confirm? I dont want to take my gorilla and all the gear if not allowed? Are there any lockers available for depositing and are they safe to keep the gear?

Also any recommendations on a good hotel stay for a Family?
Hello Amit you are not allowed with camera inside the temple, its better to keep it into your room.
The photos i took was during my climbing up by steps and then by foot i had reached the outside main entrance.
And no 3/4 th pants are allowed.
Wear full pants.
And keep less money in pocket while in queue.
You can keep car key no issues with it.

Lockers are available but better to keep it in room, as there will be long queue everywhere.

And hotels are there in Tirupathi if you want to stay,one is Bhima Residency.
In tirumala its difficult to get rooms without prior reservation.
But you can try in Karnataka Bhavan , rooms are decent enough.

At what time are you leaving from Bangalore?

And at kolar you can have one stop for food at Kamat.
The other after the Kolar comes is Woody's but thats long away from highway, and actually you need to go on service road towards right.

So next pitstop you can do at Bans Hotel.(Chittor Bypass)

Hello Amit you are not allowed with camera inside the temple, its better to keep it into your room.
The photos i took was during my climbing up by steps and then by foot i had reached the outside main entrance.
And no 3/4 th pants are allowed.
Wear full pants.
And keep less money in pocket while in queue.
You can keep car key no issues with it.

Lockers are available but better to keep it in room, as there will be long queue everywhere.

And hotels are there in Tirupathi if you want to stay,one is Bhima Residency.
In tirumala its difficult to get rooms without prior reservation.
But you can try in Karnataka Bhavan , rooms are decent enough.

At what time are you leaving from Bangalore?

And at kolar you can have one stop for food at Kamat.
The other after the Kolar comes is Woody's but thats long away from highway, and actually you need to go on service road towards right.

So next pitstop you can do at Bans Hotel.(Chittor Bypass)
Thanks Mukesh. I just came back day before and it was a good trip; though very hectic. Will post my travelogue later. I was stopped at the gate for wearing shorts but got saved after negotiating and covering legs with a shawl. Anyway thanks.

Nice post mukesh. Very nice pictues. I liked them a lot ! The conditions of the road in tirupathi and tirumala are great. I had been to that place a month back.
We had taken the Rs 300 ticket, but ohh man, we had to stand in the queue for 14 long hrs.. We had only 3 days in hand and we travelled to tirupati from kolkata and back via train and a day for tirumala. it was very hectic 26 hrs train journey one way. :(

One more thing... i loved your scorpio.. infact i planned for the scorpio before manza, but eventually bought the manza. Do you have a owners review of your hawk.

Thread Starter #40
Glad to know you liked them , hey buddy did that take so long to wait for 14 hours.
The maximum i have waited in Tirumala for darshan is for 4 & half hours.
And you know one thing, the devotees who make up through steps has more prominence than these 300 Rs queue.

My Hawk's review is here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ws/1367-mahindra-scorpio-vlx-mist-silver.html

Yes, it did take that long. Might be walking up the steps has more prominence. But it was not possible for us and my mom was there with us and my 2 yr old son and moreover as far as i remember that was an auspicious day and what crowd.. tirumala was fully packed... may be in different day crowd would have been less.

and thanks for the link of your ownership review. I will go through it...

Top Bottom