Hatchback for 4.5 Lakh (Ex-Showroom)

All 3 cars have their pros & cons. However since the car is for your mom and she likes the Polo, go for it. My brother has a Top end Polo diesel and it's really a nice car. You can go for the base model. Pick up a Witson car stereo and it will look OEM. Try and get your hand on some OE alloys. Many owners sell them to upgrade.

@ AMG, Buy what your mom likes after all it is for her. If you intend to drive it often then convince her for i20. Fabia would give you space inside but engine is same as Polo.

I would have selected Polo over Fabia and i20 irrespective of distance I would have to travel for get it serviced or other issues.

Or a Maruti product if distance from service centre is a concern. Period !

Make a wise decision, I am sure you will be able to and do not put too much pressure on your dog. [lol]

Thread Starter #21

AMG

Suspended
No Marutis, Shailinder.
Anyways, it is now FIGO vs POLO

Last edited by a moderator:
If i were you, i would have chosen Polo for smart looks, though i am somehow not very sure of the A.S.S near your place. Further more, if your mom loves the car, better to go with it.

Service center looks far to me. I know it is just 100 Kms in one year, but that is ideal situation. What if god forbid something happens with the car, IMO it would really hurt to have the A.S.S. located so far away.

But again my personal opinion. Car wise, Polo petrol is better any day discounting the fact that it is running on 3-pot.

Why no figo diesel?????
Many are saying once in a year a 200 km drive in not a problem.OK.Are you sure all these vw are niggle frees.If vw are niggle free,then i think its not a problem(just my opinion).

Last edited:
AMG its easy when you say 200KMS for a year not a big deal but as time passes it will annoy you. Like Thetraveller said if something unfortunate happens then it will be even worse. Also VW'S dealership attitude is not very encouraging either to take such a risk. Also buying a premium car is not a big issue , maintaining it is the worst part! I hope you are aware that VW spares are very costly , so much that a single alloy costs Rs.16k!

But having said that i would say Polo is a better car though its a bit pricey , only issue is the far dealership!

Thread Starter #26

AMG

Suspended
Is Fabia a better buy, given the fact that both the dealership and the service centre are in the city i.e. Amritsar

Both Skoda and VW does not enjoy good reputation when it comes to A.S.S.

IMO Fabia's legroom and comfort is more than Polo and i liked Fabia's suspension and handling more than Polo.

Both Skoda and VW does not enjoy good reputation when it comes to A.S.S.

IMO Fabia's legroom and comfort is more than Polo and i liked Fabia's suspension and handling more than Polo.
I agree with Dhaya here.

AMG go and check these cars on your own because your questions do not seems to be correct if you have checked these cars in person [confused]. Fabia is a better buy if legroom is prime concern, keeping same engines in consideration Polo / Fabia. Figo is also a VFM and it should be your choice because after few years you would be using it as a second car.

Come up with specific questions, probably then people will be able to give suitable advice.

Thread Starter #29

AMG

Suspended
Come up with specific questions, probably then people will be able to give suitable advice.

Dear mod,

Figo or Polo?
Which is better?

Now what question can be more specific than that.

Dear mod,

Figo or Polo?
Which is better?

Now what question can be more specific than that.
Well I am not a mod so not eligible to answer this. However I will take the liberty to do so. The Polo is anyday better than the Figo. At the end to the day a well built car will give you little trouble and you'll enjoy it. A bad car is a bad car no matter how good their A.S.S. is. I have owned 2 Fiats and have not regretted it. Both gave me trouble free service. My brother owns a Polo and beleive me it's still as good as new.

Top Bottom