AMG

Suspended
Contenders:
Polo(currently #1)
Fabia(#2)
i20(#3)

Purchase: 4-6 months time

Re: Hatchback for 4.5 Lakh(Ex-Showroom)

Well is the car for your family? Can you tell us the requirements or priorities which you want or expect in your car?

Polo and Fabia , i hope you have good dealerships at your place , else owning these cars can turn into a nightmare!

I think you hate Punto's looks , so the only choice left is i20.

And any reason for leaving out Swift/Ritz?

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended

Suzuki: Mom" owned a suzuki all my life, no suzuki, even if they give gold knobs"

Polo: Service centre and dealership 96 km away, but mom hooked onto its looks
Skoda: Service centre in city
i20: forced onto the list by me. :stupid:

The car will be kept for quite a long time.
After 3 years we will buy something bigger and retire our 800, but this will remain as second car.

Polo: Service centre and dealership 96 km away, but mom hooked onto its looks
The car will be kept for quite a long time.
After 3 years we will buy something bigger and retire our 800, but this will remain as second car.
I vote for i20 & the 'German' Mint With a Hole (no offense, just kidding) stands second.

100km away A.S.S shouldn't be a problem as the new car will not give you much troubles (99%) for the next 3 years (at least) and after 3 years it is going to be your second car (assuming the usage will be limited for a second car) or your city might be blessed with a new VW dealership.

Out of the 3 cars listed above, i would suggest VW Polo. The distance between your place and dealership shouldn't be of much concern since current gen cars have fairly longer service intervals of a year or more. However in case of any other issues, you will have to go 100kms for petty repairs.

However i would suggest you to consider Ford Figo too. Compared to the cars you have listed, i feel Figo has one of the best petrol engine.

Well 100kms away , do think about it. 99% nothing happens to new modern cars for the first 3 years atleast but still unfortunately if something goes wrong , it will be hectic for you. Though yes VW must have pick up and drop service too but they might charge a fair amount for that too.

And yeah why Figo is not in your list?

I feel safest bet for you should be i20.

Well 100 kms is far.We have suufered a lot during the we owned the ikon.
I would rather pick the polo.As you have this will result into a second car so space may not be a factor.If you want space its the fabia.What i think lack in i20 n high speed stability and ride quality.Go for i20 if you want those features.
Polo/Fabia has a petrol engine which has better torque and bhp than figo+FE(look at the ARAI figures).Figo lack the premium fell of the above cars but has a excellent ride and handling and space.
Why dont you look Jazz.As new jazz with 1.5 engine is coming,dealers may provide heavy discounts on the current car.
You can even check out 1.6 polo/fabia.
Edit:@AMG you did'nt mention whether you are buying petrol or diesel.If diesel please check out the figo,micra.
When my father was in a hunt of hatch recently both my whole family didn't check out a single maruti.

Thread Starter #8

AMG

Suspended

@ point city

the car is for mom, and she doesnt need 1.5/1.6/ etc etc

@ all

Mom: Polo
Dad: Fabia
Me: i20
So the final decision is on our dog. :lol!:

Okay so the car is for your mom and she loves Polo , then why don't you people give her something which she likes.[:)] Polo is not a bad car after all just that i don't find it much VFM , engine noise is a bit loud and A.S.S in your case is far away from home.

So the final decision should be taken your dog , select the car on which he urinates![lol]

Thread Starter #10

AMG

Suspended

The fuel prices here3 in Punjab are too high.

Petrol now for Rs. 73

We may go in for a Diesel Figo.

Petrol now for Rs. 73

You would get figo titanium for the price of polo HL and it provide descent features too.Do expect 16 rs hike of diesel too.At last it brings a smile on your face when you are refilling diesel in your car.

Thread Starter #12

AMG

Suspended

4.5 lakh would get me an LXi

Petrol now for Rs. 73

Its better to go for Figo Diesel any day, even if the Diesel prices are increased, it would be well compensated by the fuel efficiency which is higher in case of diesel. Also the TDCi unit of Figo is a gem. Even if the car is handed over to you in the near future, you wont regret your decision.

Thread Starter #15

AMG

Suspended
All hue and cries will not make any effect on our Govt. Since they have decided, they will implement but again, diesel will be cheaper than petrol. As per today's TOI, there is a difference of Rupees 35% between Diesel and Petrol and after increase (roughly Rs. 7/-) difference will be 24.5%. So after few days, it will settle down.

The biggest question is, will there be any impact of diesel car sales ?

I personally do not see much impact on sale. What is your take on it ?

Here is the first hand impact.

We are now not looking at diesels.

Now its between Figo Petrol and Polo Petrol

Top Bottom