Harman Music System: Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Tata Motors has been providing Harman Music System in most of their cars. I have a Tigor which has a Harman Touchscreen system. Now, today, there was a minor issue with it i.e While coming home, when we cranked the car and the ICE started with its usual screen and as I slotted the 1st gear from reverse the screen took about 2-3 minutes to change from Reverse Cam to Media. Secondly, when I switched on the AC, in the media screen it showed "Climate OFF" even though AC was properly running. I adjusted the fan speed and then that "Climate OFF" warning on the screen went away. Though it isn't causing an issue to me but does this Harman ICE gets stuck? or Hangs? Also, while selecting FM channels sometimes the ICE feels sluggish and instead of touchscreen I have to use the buttons provided below. Is the slowness of the ICE related to the lamination on the ICE screen by chance? Or is it a known issue? Please share your feedback. Is there some software upgrade needed?

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Friends,

Tata Motors has been providing Harman Music System in most of their cars. I have a Tigor which has a Harman Touchscreen system. Now, today, there was a minor issue with it i.e While coming home, when we cranked the car and the ICE started with its usual screen and as I slotted the 1st gear from reverse the screen took about 2-3 minutes to change from Reverse Cam to Media. Secondly, when I switched on the AC, in the media screen it showed "Climate OFF" even though AC was properly running. I adjusted the fan speed and then that "Climate OFF" warning on the screen went away. Though it isn't causing an issue to me but does this Harman ICE gets stuck? or Hangs? Also, while selecting FM channels sometimes the ICE feels sluggish and instead of touchscreen I have to use the buttons provided below. Is the slowness of the ICE related to the lamination on the ICE screen by chance? Or is it a known issue? Please share your feedback. Is there some software upgrade needed?

Regards

Akash
This could be a matter of restarting, I had an issue with my Nano ICE, it just went off, I took it to TASS, the electrician fiddled the fuses etc all ok, he then unplugged the ICE and replugged, violla it started working.

Try this by TASS, then let's see.

Regards
Vinod

Yes the Harman unit is quite buggy. I think you have to wait for an update from them as that could be only solution. When I had the tigor, the bluetooth did not play music once and I had to restart the car and it worked after that.

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Today morning the Touchscreen of Nexon got stuck while disengaging the reverse gear. It stayed stuck for good 10 minutes and even after my efforts it did not work. I tried to press the "home" icon and the "phone" icon buttons but nothing happened. It kept showing the dynamic guidelines and rest of the screen was Black. I tried removing the USB and re-inserted yet nothing happened. Other things that got affected by the hung touchscreen were:

1) No songs played.

2) No Voice Reminders

3) No Volume adjustment

After trying all possible tricks, reverted to the most DESI option[:D], switched off the car and then too it did not work. I locked the car and left it for a 5-7 minutes with reverse gear engaged. After that I again started the car and all was working fine. All reminders, songs etc perfectly working. Siri's "Sports mode activated" voice was back[:D]. So, has this bug appeared on any other Nexon's touchscreen? or is it the birth right for the Harmon Touchscreen to get stuck?

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I didn't experience any such problem so far in my Tigor. However, last month we all went to a Temple and parked the car under the Sun. We came back after 2 hours, (the car was too hot -outside as well as inside) rolled down all the window glasses, then started the car but the screen was blank.

I did not do anything there because of too hot to idle there for a long time, but also there were many cars were moving up/down hence I too moved the car out from the parking. After a couple of minutes I switched on the A/C and rolled up the window glasses and the Screen started ON on its own.

I didn't why it happened like that, maybe the car was parked under the sun and got heated up inside which might have caused the problem[surprise]

Other things that got affected by the hung touchscreen were:

1) No songs played.

2) No Voice Reminders

3) No Volume adjustment

After trying all possible tricks, reverted to the most DESI option[:D], switched off the car and then too it did not work.

During your next visit to the showroom just narrate about the problems faced by you and the service people would eliminate/remove the errors by using OBD port and after that you may not face any problem in future.

And they might also upgrade the software for your infotainment system if there is any.

It was my issue on my Tiago. Unfortunately the screen shows this terms. I can't operate anything on this infotainment. After the ignition off too the same process remains constant till now. What was to do for this issue to rectify it ?

Attachments

Top Bottom