Happy 12th Birthday, TAI!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Happy 12th Birthday, TAI!

[clap][clap][clap]

Ahoy TAI-gers. November 25th holds a very special significance for The Automotive India.

I’m excited to share that our beloved community is celebrating 12 Years of its existence. We’ve come a long way from where we started back in 2008 and there’s surely a long way to go.

As someone rightly said, it’s the journey that counts. The camaraderie that members of The Automotive India have built over the years online as well as offline speaks for itself.

Thanks to each TAI-ger for playing a crucial role towards the growth of this community. We’re here and always will be only due to your relentless passion and contribution.

Here's a quick flashback to some of the memorable moments of our past:​

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
This is how our forum looked in the early days when it was hosted on a free platform (More: TAI 1st Anniversary Celebrations).

2008.png

Quick growth and limitations of a free platform meant it was time to go independent in less than a year. We moved to our own software and server offering far greater flexibility.

2009.png

An independent platform meant we could offer more facilities with a dedicated Homepage. This was our first ever dedicated Homepage Portal.

2010.png

By popular demand, we soon released our first set of sticker designs in 2010.

Stickers v1.jpg

Homepage received a mild makeover somewhere in 2011.

2011.png

The Automotive India won “Best Website Of The Year” award in Automotive category in 2011.

169206-b2ba7013fc313f49fe3ad4e8448bd71f.png

We arranged for a customized steering shape cake (inspired from our logo) on our 4th Anniversary.

the-automotive-india-4th-anniversary-jpg.jpg

We became the first fully-independent online portal in 2012 to physically hand over a car of the year trophy.

TAICOTY.jpg

The Automotive India received a makeover in 2014 which included all-new Homepage featuring a full-fledged “Research Car” & “Research Bike” section.

This change was labelled as NGTAI v2 (New Generation of The Automotive India. Version 2.0).

Home.jpg

Some minor changes were done on our Forum as well.

2014.png

Just as in 2010, our second set of Merchandise featuring new sticker designs launched in 2014 right after makeover of the website. (The Automotive India Stickers v2: Grab Yours!)

Stickers.jpg

We celebrated TAI’s 6th Birthday amidst much fanfare. (Another Year. Another Gear. Happy Birthday The Automotive India!).

139014-c653f2117ef1724dd4f7c5fd0a737ffc.jpg

139015-d74c8f45f30d42a41334347359e9ac13.jpg

On 9th Anniversary, I promised that our 10 Year Celebrations will be mega one and that's what it turned out to be when we announced a complete overhaul of The Automotive India.

This included a brand new, user-friendly and feature-loaded software for our Homepage, Forum and Marketplace. The changes rolled out in a phased-manner by early 2019.

This change is labelled as NGTAI v3 (New Generation of The Automotive India. Version 3.0).

That said, if history is anything to go by, we’ve only grown stronger and better each time. Cheers to many more decades of our companionship. [thumbsup]

Homepage.png

Forum.png

Marketplace.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Time flies by! I joined this forum in 2013 and it has been greatly improving my knowledge about cars.
I love being a part of this forum and I wish TheAutomotiveIndia a very happy 12th birthday!

When I searched online long back to join automotive communities and search came up with TAI; and I instantly applied and became a member. Thanks to this great community; my day always ends with going through TAI. Happy 12th birthday TAI; still young and long way to go. Thanks to all members who make this interesting and keep people hooked to this great portal.

Top Bottom