Gypsy "Buy or not?"

Hmmm if the car has such problems then stay away from it. As 350Z said try contacting Maruti true value for some deals. Always wait for sometime and don hurry when it comes to used cars , patience really pays off.

@ Sandeep How did you know the car has such problems?

He refused to negotiate. the car was in a fair condition. engine OK, lot of dents, broken interiors etc...
so wat to do now? pay 1.5L for a 2000 model gypsy? or should we find others?
Better stay away from this car, And try any other Gypsy.
What i can say is check what value the car is currently having.
You can have a look on the value at the insurance motor policy.
The value gets depreciated every year.
You will get a rough idea about the price Gypsy is having in the current market & bargain accordingly.

Last edited:
For gypsies, or any other off roaders for that matter, dont look into outer shell dents etc..
look underneath. Transfer cases, drive shafts, underbody. chasis damage leafs etc.
the gypsy king (MG413) had the GB13. very capable and torquey engine, but was prone to water pump failure. Older gypsies dint have a thermostat controlled radiator fan, so check for it. If ur touring involves highway runs, get an armada/bolero. the gypsy gets strained above 80 and tops off at about 90-100, because of the low gearing.
But when it comes to off roading, nothing beats it. Period.
just my 2cents.

Gypsy will surely solve your problem.

Its a petrol engine! so it will be light on pocket.
check for engine noise and clutch slippage.

clutch slippage is acceptable.

Other than that , running mechanical parts may have damaged. Only a worst accident will damage the gypsy chassis. it has a ladder chassis , so no problem must be there.

Yes used gypsy are high in price tag. I find gypsy at low rate in ap region.

I was searching one for my dad(he is ok with omni or a gypsy) , still its going on , but on slowest phase.

On the other end of suggesting a car , if you are ready to spend some more , get a bolero with ac! this may help in highway run as by debayan's point

Thread Starter #21
We saw a couple of gypsys. Most didnt suit us & were highly priced. The plan is postponed for sometime until we dont find a proper one. Currently i m in udaipur for some work. will update here later[sleep]

Top Bottom