Guide: Online Shopping Abroad & Customs Formalities

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i just checked. even my checkout page says so. have you filled in the details and clicked on pay my order ? just do this, maybe the transaction will be successful.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
this is strange. i was planning to give my blue leds to a friend. i lifted the boot only to see that 1 smd of the led was not working. my friend rejected it.

got a screw driver to replace with the stock ones , then i saw that only 1 of the other smd was working [surprise]

IMG_20140604_204131.jpg

now after checking it once more , both of the led's working fine :|

is this normal for these leds ? stop working and then be fine.

i reported to the seller the same. told him the led's are not working and told him to refund my money since shipping back will not be cost effective.

Last edited:
May I know how much you paid for them? Most of these LEDs which are available for cheap prices are not built properly to dissipate heat. As a result when they get hot they tend to fail. As the cost of these LEDs increase better is the quality.

Also check if the seller has provided warranty for them.

Hello Everyone,

I may be visiting to Portland, USA this month end for a around 60 days. I need some suggestion or knowledge sharing regarding buying product from US from local shops or malls. What kind of product should I buy which is not available/costly in INDIA.

I am also interested in knowing thing that how can I avoid/pay less "customs duty" or "tax".

What kind of payment mode is acceptable?

Re: International Shopping?

Hi hewentout, Welcome aboard.
You can place the order through non Indian web page as well. Please go through the previous pages of this thread for more details.

Threads Merged.

Last edited:
Doctor,

Please pardon my ignorance.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

I have ordered a material in Aliexpress.com. Posted the current shipping status. I hope there is no delay in status updation. Is this warrants any activity from my side?

Also I'm planning to go to my hometown for the next one week. If suppose I get the material in the mean time, how to ensure the delivery of the product.

Thread Starter #56

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@gandhi
As on 15/09/2014 your product got cleared at china customs and it is on transit to India and may again take 10 to 15 days more.
Kindly tell your friends / neighbors to receive it . If you know the nearest foreign post office / regular post office, you can even tell the post man to keep it for you. There will not be any problem.

Thread Starter #58

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ GANDHI
You haven’t given the present status report to know where the consignment is lying as on date.

Whatever may be, before the purchase protection ends, we have to open dispute with the seller.

I assume, the assured time is getting over, so first send a letter to the seller that you need a full refund as the same has not been received in wanted time and further, you promise him that the amount will be returned immediately in case you receive the item later.

Most of the sellers will respond and agree. Some seller may extend purchase protection for 15 days more, by making a request to you.

This will create a record and help AE to dispose the dispute at our favor at last.

If the time is very short say 1 or 2 days, proceed straight to dispute. If it is an item with battery or electronic one, our customs will take their own time to clear.

But you need not wait, if it has not come to your hand, you may go for dispute. I assure that you will get back your money at least.

@ GANDHI
You haven’t given the present status report to know where the consignment is lying as on date.

If it is an item with battery or electronic one, our customs will take their own time to clear.

But you need not wait, if it has not come to your hand, you may go for dispute. I assure that you will get back your money at least.
Thanks Doc, I posted the latest status as on today.

It's just a net organiser. It is not a battery or electronic item.

As per your suggestion, I have opened dispute.

Hi friends.,

On 15-Apr-2015, I placed an order for HID KIT which costs $19.31. You can see the item here.

The package weighs .45kg and its dimension is 18cm x 8cm x 5cm.
Altogether is that a taxable product?

20-Apr-2015 19:54------Received by Post Office---------523112
23-Apr-2015 13:38------Departure export customs-------BEIJING
02-May-2015 08:44-----Arrival Import customs------------KOLKATA APSO
02-May-2015 10:18-----Held by customs--------------------KOLKATA APSO

Now the problem is, its held by the customs. Now I would like to know whats gonna happen next[confused]. Some where in TAI I read, generally import duties wont attract for the products upto $20.

*Will every products held by the customs attracts duty when it is released to the customers?
*Will I get any call from the customs office? IF yes, what should I say to avoid a hefty tax?
*Somewhere I read, import tax can be a max of 30% of price of the product(Including its shipping cost.). Is it true? WHat can be the max %?
*I paid Rs 1,241.60/- exactly for this product and I think its ok to pay a max tax of Rs 500/- or below for this silly product. What if the tax is much higher than the real worth of this product.?
-Can I refuse to pay? If yes and if I refused, will they ship it back to the seller? So will I get a refund with a deduction of its shipping charge?

These are my doubts.. I request you people to help me by sharing your valuable experiences and knowledge.

Thanks in Advance[:)]
Regards.,

Top Bottom