Guide: Know Your Car’s Instrument Cluster Warning Lights

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
This yellow icon shows up in my car when passenger side airbag is turned off.
View attachment 19671
I can notice that along with the icon, it’s also showing 2. Could be that either the airbags have been turned off or there’s a problem with them. Does it stays lit all the time? Please refer to your car’s manual – it’ll have the exact details on same, also do let us know.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I can notice that along with the icon, it’s also showing 2. Could be that either the airbags have been turned off or there’s a problem with them. Does it stays lit all the time? Please refer to your car’s manual – it’ll have the exact details on same, also do let us know.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Checked the manual,this light comes up when the passenger side airbag is turned off ,2 is for secondary airbag i.e passenger side.

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the update, Shona. It'll be helpful for others searching the same information.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yet another interesting thread 350Z.

I am sure it would prove beneficial since i have seen many people getting confused with numerous indications on the current gen cars.

SES light (Service Engine Soon)

Off late I am observing that the service engine soon light does not disappear(this light is having a shape of car with a spanner) after turning the key to ignition position (earlier it used to within 2 secs)

Now it goes off but only after cranking the engine, "service engine soon" should I really believe this and take her to an A.S.S. for tech2 diagnostics? they charge too much just for hooking their device to OBD2. The good part is, it does not comes on while driving (keeping my fingers crossed!!)

Vehicle: Ritz DDiS
Year: 2009
Kms Clocked: 36k+
Last Service done - Jan '11 at 29K+ kms.

Re: SES light (Service Engine Soon)

Off late I am observing that the service engine soon light does not disappear(this light is having a shape of car with a spanner) after turning the key to ignition position (earlier it used to within 2 secs)

Now it goes off but only after cranking the engine, "service engine soon" should I really believe this and take her to an A.S.S. for tech2 diagnostics? they charge too much just for hooking their device to OBD2. The good part is, it does not comes on while driving (keeping my fingers crossed!!)

Check this thread buddy!!

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1-new-battery-exide-din-65-our-dzire-vdi.html

Hope this may help you!!![roll]

I think the light is called svs (service vehicle soon)light not ses (will check manual),this light implies there is some error, get it checked at an a.s.s they will use there S.D.T(suzuki detection tool) to find out the reason, it is free ,don't understand why do you have to pay ,it showed up once in my dzire when i had disconnected the battery.

Update- I went to an A.S.S on my way back he did a charge discharge test on the battery (as he also thought battery is nearing its end) but told me that the battery is rock solid. Then he hooked tech2 to the port and told me that there are no error codes either. He told me to come back if the light comes up during driving.

I think the light is called svs (service vehicle soon)light not ses (will check manual),this light implies there is some error, get it checked at an a.s.s they will use there S.D.T(suzuki detection tool) to find out the reason, it is free ,don't understand why do you have to pay ,it showed up once in my dzire when i had disconnected the battery.
Ya may be svs. They didn't charge me this time but they charged me when I used to have esteem and went there for an o2 sensor replacement (i think they recovered the money invested on tech2[glasses])

But now i seriously don't want to see that light coming up during driving

I found this in the manual
It says that if the light blinks in the 'ON' position(last para) mine is not blinking and the vehicle starts.

Attachments

Top Bottom